When you know you been here too long?

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Re: When you know you been here too long?

When your ass hurts from sitting behind your PC too long, maybe?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Im not good with puppets?
What puppets?
I dont even have puppets... and this isnt first round this happens to me... i actually was just like this when i was leading last round... i just didnt attack at all but to targets some other members had allready killed... bah.
Beasides i was pretty far in top 10 on bribes at beginning of round and i was rank 4 in funds for puppets just didnt bother to get those cause wouldnt use em anyways.

Steve_God

Official Helper

You know you've been here too long when you sign up round after round, and do nothing but plant, and buy land. Some rounds not even buying a hax0r or spy scan! lol

zombie

Planter

I had a dream last night that I logged on to see 100 news and that I had been robbed of all my land. Completely and utterly zeroed. Yeah, I think I need a break :/

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

I've been around a long time as well. The last three or five rounds I've lost some interest, but I still enjoy the game for the most part, but am definitely not as dedicated as I was in the past.

Things I've noticed myself doing now include:
Telling my alliance I'll be sending defense in 2-3 ticks and then vanishing off to the store/ski resort to do more important things.
Falling asleep instead of sending defense/going on alliance attacks.
No longer putting out my phone number.
No longer having a highlight.
Fighting SAS just to see what ratios I could get.
Fighting Bikers as a POM this round because I don't really care.

Forgot to add:
Taking multiple four/five day breaks where I wouldn't even log in.

Dennis

Harvester

I remember those SAS fighting days of yours :D

Shields ftw

Davis

Tree Surgeon

BlackWolf said:
I just noticed how im getting my "kicks" out of that i have account and i can once in a while press oview... I have not attacked once in 3 days and in last 2 weeks iv done it 2 times... both times i even forgot i had attack out and i encountered SAS... not a biggie to me tho...
Then today i had incs and i followed it from eta 5 to eta 1.. and at eta 1 i completely forgot whole inc and 4 hours later noticed i had forgotten it... thanks to SAS from saving my ass this time... but still.
Have i just been here too long? Or am i just getting old or something? I can stare for hours that same oview screen and once in a while reafresh it and then i go to do something else... then i come back and once again stare to somewhere far and press refresh... I like it. Dont know why but atm. and actually for pretty long time its been all what i want.
I dont even bother to go find targets anymore cause i know i would forget those attacks anyways and get my ass kicked... And no i dont want bountyhunt back or anything as stupid as that. I think im just bored or something.

I guess I'll reiterate on what others have already said, its more along the whole you've been here so long you care but then again you don't... seeing as I make a lot of the same problems, especially the watching an attack from eta 5+ to attacking for 3/eta 1 and then completely forgetting it exists until i get a br saying "you've just got bent over and anally pounded" or something along those lines and at first I'm like wow I'm retarded then I realize I honestly don't really care :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Today, I realized that I've been here too long. Was thinking about either ally play or another solo channel for the next round, but yeah I think this is it.

Too many 'elite' players whining about the changes when they aren't done. Too much whining in general. Wanting to go back to an old broken bounty hunting system which funded your account for days requiring no skill just mass of units. (yes DS i said no skill, the old system didn't require any, just the proper route and mass units - after watching you fund a cw route in just mere days by rushing inactive 0'd accounts with seed thieves, I'm not sure they belong in game either ;) )

Anyway, the old veterans can't cope with needing a new strategy that don't require either age 3 or age 4.0 thinking.

New-ish players whining about no green titles and consolation prizes.

Noobies, being for the most part, being noobies begging for this and that etc etc.

Pretty much 95% of the playerbase makes me sad inside and I'm definitely tired of the drivel I've seen on the board this round.

So yeah, I figure I'm done. I may have an account here and there, but definitely done with the community the best and simultaneously worst thing about this game. I'll go back to what I did in rounds 9 and 10, if I play again, and just stick to an account and play the game and not get to know anyone.

This round has been a blast in my solo channel and in game for me. But it's just too much. You all lose your heads if Azzer disappears, and instant judgement of anything that doesn't empower your goals for the round has just drained me of the will to want to be around.

<3 to the people that knew me. like me or no. my adversaries as well as my allies have made the game fun for me and my 3-4 years of off and on again playing.

(I may be back for next xmas or other holidays as the mood takes me to write more 'bushtarion holiday classics' - currently like my other U.S. writers, I'm on strike as Azzer and I have yet worked out a royalty deal on the BushT version of night before xmas)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

I think that garret has been here to long :p

yeah if these things you said really frustrate you and make you sad, then its really time to go. :idea:

advise: dont make any serious posts anymore :D

works for me :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

I read atsan's post. Then i thought i better read garretts to understand the joke. Expecting some form of humour. but no. Its a horribly stark truth at 10am....

why do you do this to me, actually kind of depressing to read. Any way hope you have fun garrett.

though im to scared to read more of this post. Is it all just people throwing in the towel. realising they're too long in the tooth. i thought similar. until last night, when i got all my land back. swings and roundabouts baby. thats how i like it.

ive been here too long. it is years now. i have no circle of friends that doesnt know i play this game. and only once have i managed to get someone else to try it. Everytime they ask me what is the point in the game. Never can i give an answer that doesnt make them look at me like im retarded.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Thats the awesome thing about this game. Apart from sheer enjoyment there is no point!

It's not like you get bragging rights to all you RL friends if you win, cause well, none of them have heard of it.

And tbh, winning is good and all... But there is no prize.. So who honestly cares??

Fun is the be all and end all to this VERY pointless yet awesome game.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Well i do have to agree with alot thats being said here, i have played since round 4, round 5 being my first whole round where i started to understand the game. Every round since then i have played, with only 2 rounds as a solo. I tbh have lost the passion for the game, i think i need a long break, maybe 4 or 5 rounds i guess :( might be for good even!

Whos knows, but their does come a point in all players bush career where they need a break from this game. You know you been here to long, when ya gf goes to a party and last minute "you get a stomach bug" and have to stay in. lol

20 odd rounds is prob enough for me i think :)