When you know you been here too long?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I just noticed how im getting my "kicks" out of that i have account and i can once in a while press oview... I have not attacked once in 3 days and in last 2 weeks iv done it 2 times... both times i even forgot i had attack out and i encountered SAS... not a biggie to me tho...
Then today i had incs and i followed it from eta 5 to eta 1.. and at eta 1 i completely forgot whole inc and 4 hours later noticed i had forgotten it... thanks to SAS from saving my ass this time... but still.
Have i just been here too long? Or am i just getting old or something? I can stare for hours that same oview screen and once in a while reafresh it and then i go to do something else... then i come back and once again stare to somewhere far and press refresh... I like it. Dont know why but atm. and actually for pretty long time its been all what i want.
I dont even bother to go find targets anymore cause i know i would forget those attacks anyways and get my ass kicked... And no i dont want bountyhunt back or anything as stupid as that. I think im just bored or something.

Darryl

Head Gardener
Re: When you know you been here too long?

I feel exactly the same. Whenever I used to be "inactive", it'd mean a few hours daily for about a week before I got sucked right back into it. For the last two rounds, I've just genuinely had no interest in playing, and only hang around because I enjoy the forums/IRC.

I think, for perhaps both of us, BW, it's simply because we've been here so long, and seen so many changes, that it just doesn't seem like the same game that we enjoyed so much in the past. I suppose the game has to evolve, we'd probably have very very few players if the game was unchanged since I started playing it, but I want R9 back! Nostalgia is an awful thing.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I dont know if r9 would change anything fro me... dont know why... well i kinda liked channel of 50+ active people at same time talking of doing things for same goal... chatting and having fun. Beaing like one big "family".
Im not even really bored. I think i could do basicly anything.. im just not bothered to do anything iv done 1000000 times before. I dont even really know what could change it... leading is always nice and temptating but i dont have time for that. Being member of alliance... no thanks.
Whats left then? Well i keep pressing that refresh and think of something some day.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

When you highlight the computer time to see what eta your attack is.

That's when you know you have been here toooooo long ;(

Welshie

Harvester

I went through a phase like that for a few rounds, got back interested again now for the moment.

I used to log in, see I had incoming and then forget about it and die :( Or SAS'd myself for the first time in rounds..

Angela

Harvester

i know what you mean bw, i havent done a thing with my account since before xmas besides planting, i even had incoming i moved out and was going to move back for last tick fell asleep and woke up at attacking for 1! I think its a lot to do with being solo as well as playing a long long time!

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Well TBH looking at the people who've posted here im not surprised......

You guys are natural 'winners' who still play the game when you have made a conscious decision not to win... like Welshie if you keep playing solo the right offer will come along or you'll get frustrated enough to go FTW again and then the game will seem all the fresher for the break

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

im not a winner. but i do this too. i agree more a solo trait. or i get so involved in something else in particular updating the best ratios page :p i forget what i was doing. ive wasted several ticks thinking i have sent an attack then realising i was just plannign them. and never bopthered sending. military page all filled in. ready to send towards the end of the tick. but i never send :S

i get my kicks from getting as fat as i can atm. and tryting to hold my land like its gold dust. what ever it takes. obviously cant do this with every route. but im hoping i keep this stat the same. Total land had stole: 955

i also found my self trying to make an enemy this round.

once by attacking some one. then repeat attacking when i see his friend com and hit me. then attacking the firend. and killing him every time he tried to land on me. cept one time he did land with his friends help. and now hes gone... he doesnt visit me any more.
another time i accidently piggied. some one asked me to recall. i said no. "i'm a mario, i'ma gonna win" he got more and more annoyed at me. I was hoping he would attack me later. he threatened too. so i recalled so he landed as i didnt want to die to sas-quatch. but he never came for me after. he was full of false threats.

at the moment im working on another plan......

i think the big problem with solo this round is all the allainces attacking allainces. so if your in the top 200 and solo you may get attacked by an allaince. but more likely is the allainces are attacking eachother and leaving you alone. personally a great target for an assassin sa route. and i have seen loads. since the last one failed not one attempt. i blame silly alliance wars for me having not enough to do i have to try and make enemies.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

I find my interest in actually playing gets less and less as the round goes on.

Main reason I'm still here is because of the community stuff.. Day i stop being Op/Helper/Mod is the day i probs hang up my hat for good and leave. Until then I'll still keep playing.. But my main interest isn't in that. I find myself sending attacks then telling other people to keep an eye on them for me as i just find myself getting distracted and not paying attention to them..

Tim

Harvester

I took a real long break from Bushtarion; I didn't play from the end of R19 until the start of this round as I had completely lost interest in the game. I had a couple solo accounts from time to time but I just stopped logging into them as there was no point (I'm going to play active or not at all).

This round I feel completely refreshed and I'm really enjoying what the game is like now. It'll never be as good as "the good old days" but I feel a long break from this game did good in terms of my enjoyment. I feel the thrill of zeroing people and a good land grab just like I used to. :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

it's good to have you back Tim. wouldn't mind seeing NThellers around again either.

I find that this round being an inactive solo has done alot for me to be able to play as i'm able. Instead of constantly worried about my alliance as it doesn't matter if I'm a soldier or leader. Just always worried about not enough defense being online.

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Tim said:
I took a real long break from Bushtarion; I didn't play from the end of R19 until the start of this round as I had completely lost interest in the game. I had a couple solo accounts from time to time but I just stopped logging into them as there was no point (I'm going to play active or not at all).

This round I feel completely refreshed and I'm really enjoying what the game is like now. It'll never be as good as "the good old days" but I feel a long break from this game did good in terms of my enjoyment. I feel the thrill of zeroing people and a good land grab just like I used to. :)

Same here, stopped around R17 (I think?) and then I may have made a solo account or 2 but I always forgot about those apparently. Now, in my past ids I see I had "highest acres" 100 and "final acres" 12 on those ids. I let my companies go bankrupt!! :p
Now I'm having my share of fun again trying to survive and getting developed as a solo.

Conclusion... BUSHTARION FTW!!1!!|!8
You can try to quit, it may work for a year or 2, but sooner or later you'll be back when you're bored and thinking "O yeah, where is the time I still played bushtarion..." O and you'll be back ;)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Sadly, ditto.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

... when you set your alarm for 4 o'clock because then you can start your next development...

... when you say to the bartender that for the prize that you have to pay for a drink you can buy millions of secret agents...

... when you say to your girlfriend that you will be home in 3 ticks...

... when youre posting a msg on politics that you really cant read all posts and want direct information of where to sent because your driving on a highway...

... when you have more digital bush friends then rl friends...

... when you are passively looking at the bushtarion irc channel waiting for someone to type something and then just dont respond but actually enjoy the conversation between others for over half an hour...

... when you said on the forums that you dont want to go back to zero posts...

... when youre name is .... (meh ill skip that one :p)

... when you first check whats happening in bush, then see whats on tv, and if those two arent sufficient you go to the local pub...

... and thousands more...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I dont think i have ever set my alarm to any time to wake up to develope :(
I for some reason dont say stupid things to bartenders...
For some odd reason i have never told anyone my ETA is 3 ticks or anything even close to that.
I have tho said im driving and i need mail or something directly where to send.
Amount of bush friends and real life friends is relative term.
What if i have always stared for irc channels for hours without saying a word and just reading what others are talking... i even read logs. (yes im sad case)
... list goes on...

Man maby i have not been here that long then... (me goes find target to trigger SAS on and forget that am attacking)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Tim said:

OMG lies, you were in RightUnders 2 rounds ago!!!

yoyo

Planter

heh, Blackwolf, you are not alone :)

i stopped playing competively after the round that every alliance wanted your phone number to call you in the middle of the night [round 14?]. i am sorry but that is a little to anal for me...

i just play solo now and log in once a day mostly for a few hours. I have not sent out an attack since round 14 !!, except round 19 when i was in crazy diamonds [last time i was in an alliance]. i still enjoy the game and at some point might be in an alliance again one day, funnier stuff has happen before.

Meneldil

Planter

I think being co-leader of an alliance, and talking actively on IRC (not about anything bushtarion related) for more time than I'm actually logged into Bushtarion qualifies me for this thread.

I know Bushtarion is a great game, but right now, I really don't feel like playing it. Viva la Civilization.

Haplo

Planter

BW maybe the reason you being inactive and not attacking people is in the fact that you are not good with puppets? Just a thought. :p