• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Trading

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Most games have some sort of trading system.
I was thinking a dev that has 3 or 4 lvls that when researched/constructed allows trade routes to be set up between companies that then give each company a small income boost based on research level+both companies sizes.
The number of routes could be linked to research+honour (good honour= more routes). Maybe reduce the boost if comapny your trading with is same allie.
Also it could be expanded allowing routes to be targetable so people can attack/defend/blockade these routes.

Basically similar to what happens in AE

CFalcon

Official Helper
I like the idea of being able to blockade a supply line, adding a bit more tactical depth to the game. But it would have to be very carefully designed, so massive guys can't just troll smaller players.

It would have to have the blockade mechanic in order to be worth implementing though. Otherwise it's just a tech to increase income that everyone in the game can develop, so everyone will have it, making it effectively pointless.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
I like the idea of being able to blockade a supply line, adding a bit more tactical depth to the game. But it would have to be very carefully designed, so massive guys can't just troll smaller players.

It would have to have the blockade mechanic in order to be worth implementing though. Otherwise it's just a tech to increase income that everyone in the game can develop, so everyone will have it, making it effectively pointless.

trading up the ranks gives better boost than trading down.
link the boost to honour, with both parties having good honour gives good boosts bad honour in the mix reduces the bonus. so an evil person trading down with only evil might gain 5% boost across all trade routes but a Illustrious person trading with pure Illustrious people that are all bigger might gain 100% total boost across all routes.
ps even if we all gain the same boost it forces us to interact with others in positive ways outside your allie or even go as far as getting friends to sign up so we can trade with them.

Also change it from blockade to picket making any confrontations non lethal. The dead troops are not dead just scarred off back home or retire and buy themselves out of contract giving 100% instant insurance. And the winner is whoever has the most value of troops left at the end.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Convert trade cart to Christianity.

will prolly piss off all the non christians so wont work.

Solution:

tumblr_m3q09sCZaA1rrmstfo1_500.jpg

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
DaX seriously, gtfo these forums if you're gunna post **** like that...

that is utterly disgusting...

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I used to get banned for spamming pictures.

(not really though)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Convert trade cart to Christianity.

One minute you're complaining about the caliber of suggestions, Dimitar, in the next you're spamming crap/completely unrelated responses to perfectly good suggestions. Try contributing something useful.

On topic: I like it but it sounds like it might be a little too complex and you need to go into more detail about how it should work.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Oh no, I need to be lynched for making a joke

PS: Good to know that only my posts can be delated for spam. I'll find a way to use that to my advantage

Last edited:

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
heres what i as thinking gl if you can bothered

1st you dev it

3 Levels of Dev

level 1 Trading Post 2b 12hrs 1 route costs 200% time+cash to make new route and gives a new menu option under Land & Resources
level 2 Farmers Market 5b 24hrs 2 routes cost 150% time+cash to make new routes
level 3 Transport Depot 20b 48hrs 4 routes cost 100% time+cash for new routes

Then to set up new routes costs whatever it would cost for you to buy 5% more land + other company buying 2% land. A new route takes 12 hrs to start working, a bit like setting up a pnap. Have a intermediate "Do It" page that gives rough esitmate of expected income before you commit the cash this is cancellable/refundable if other company dosnt sign the same trade, but once both sides signed the money is gone but trade can be cancelled by either anytime, perhaps some sort of cancelation fee/compensation based on cost and time. This new route pays out each tick in seeds based on your own and the other companies land/honour/level developed/allied/pnap. And of course the weather. They collect at your trading hub until manually collected and until then have zero score.

Max payout for each trading route set up is 10% income of your company each of the following factors adjusts it they multiply together.

Level 1 dev 50% from route
Level 2 75% from routes
Level 3 100% from routes

Honour factor 50% basic but based on both guys honour these get + or - to the 50% leaving min as 20% if both companies are below -3500 honour and max 100% if both 2000+ honour
Honour percent lost/gained
<-3500 -15%
<-1500 to >=-3500 -10%
-700 to >=-1500 -5%
<=-250 to >=-700 0
>-250 to <250 +10%
>=250 to <=700 +15%
>700 to <=2000 +20%
>2000 +25%

land difference factor ((your land+other land)/1.25*your land)-0.6 max result set to 1 min set 0.2 (I am bad as this sort of fomula but basically a sliding scale that maxes out at 1 if your same size and reduces as trading parter gets more smaller than you)

allie/pnap 70% maybe offset this if allie gets improved green title

maybe a bonus if you got the person to sign up that round

if your in sleep mode you lose same percent from trades as you lose normal seeds, if guy your trading with goes sleep you still gain same as you would have if he wasnt in sleep, both in sleep no bonus.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
I just wanna say why i suggested this.
We have all received the message from our mate dave on facebook saying "Dave needs help fighting off the evil monsters in monster fight madness join up to help him in his fight". Bush dosnt have this so this would be a way for people to invite mates and gain a small extra income from new players who stick around. rather than the current method relying on your invites buying bc if that still works like taht.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
We have all received the message from our mate dave on facebook saying "Dave needs help fighting off the evil monsters in monster fight madness join up to help him in his fight". Bush dosnt have this so this would be a way for people to invite mates and gain a small extra income from new players who stick around. rather than the current method relying on your invites buying bc if that still works like taht.

Eh but that sort of spam is SO annoying. I really don't like having my newsfeed spammed with that sort of crap.

I agree that it's probably a good way to incur at least a certain amount of interest, but is the potential negative backlash worth it? I think after Farmville, most people are sick of that sort of spam. :(

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
its free to implement unlike any other advertising method, I mostly play games because I get invited by friends. So what if people get annoyed if a friend invites them they wasnt gonna play anyway so nothing is lost and 24hrs later they have totally forgotten about it. And I also get a reason to invite mates as I gain from it.

Yochoko

Head Gardener

but what about those who don't have a facebook (or any social network sites') account? bush is actually going to promote facebook as a result? :< i think the rewarding system that directly influences players' score shouldn't depend on this aspect.