Strategy games

flameharvester

Head Gardener
As I said shoot me a pm if you want hrlp, gonna get a multiplayer game going after end of financial year, it being so busy for me :)

CFalcon

Official Helper
I've been glued to CK2 for the last couple of days, finally getting to grips with it. King of England, Ireland, France, Galicia, Portugal and Leon :p

Kinda stupid that I can't promote myself to a rank above King and then distribute the kingdoms out. As it is I have to hoard them all in the same bloodline to avoid splitting.

Max

Garden Designer
Since I love games like Civ and adore strategy, this looks really awesome. Can I ask - is CK2 turn based or Real-Time?

CFalcon

Official Helper
It's sort of both. It's real time in the sense that you don't hit an "end turn" button, but it's sort of turn based as well. I guess it's like bushtarion, it's real time and also turn based. Events happen each day, and days happen once every few seconds. When you move an army from one province to another it will take a certain number of days, like a mob taking a certain number of ticks. Also, you can issue orders while paused, so it's not real time in that sense.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Alci, this gamem (HOI3) looks stupidly hard aha!

Went throught the tutorial and the amount of things you gotta know/do is like woahhh!

Flip

Weeder
I played a bunch of CK after Nameless started, its pretty awesome, got CK2 but haven't played it much yet, HoI3 looks cool so I'll check that out.

I've been playing some Galactic Civilizations 2 lately, its pretty cool if you want something space-y, its pretty indepth but was surprisingly easy to pick up, unlike CK/CK2 where I spent forever just trying to figure out wtf to do.

also, Holy **** I logged in to the forums. Interestingly enough I had an unread PM from 2010.

edit:

S*** getting censored makes it look like F*** which is kinda funny. Also, censors are stupid.

Last edited:

Max

Garden Designer
HI FLIP! :D

Galactic Civilizations sounds interesting... *searches*

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Anyone here played Sins of a solar empire? A couple of people from work love it but wanted more opinions.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Anyone here played Sins of a solar empire? A couple of people from work love it but wanted more opinions.

It's good. But not all that "great" I always ended up dying and never managing to play well. Doesn't mean it's a bad game though

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It seemed like too much work for too little gain overall. But I'm relatively simple.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
---wall of text ---

Ok, so now That I have done that wall of text, the other strategy game that i would highly recommend is Creeper World. Nice, in depth, yet also casual, strategy with a unique and brilliant concept behind it.

I find Creeper world a hard game to explain so instead here is a link to a flash version created to advertise the game, absolutely amazing!

Creeper World - Training Simulator http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/web/play.php

Creeper World2 - Academy http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/web/playcw2a.php

With creeper world 3 in the works now is a great time to jump on the bandwagon for this ridiculously cheap and addictive game. If you like the flash versions please go buy the full game 100 times better!

All games I have reccomended here can be found at www.gamersgate.com, this is in my experience the cheapest and most reliable site for purchasing of games.

Check out the latest blog post on creeper world 3, looks intimidating!!! When I think of the time I sunk into 1 and 2, I am almost scared for the release of 3. :D