Some Competittion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
You didnt touch an ally for 2 weeks, worked with them, talked to them about your plans and told them youd leave them alone.
If that was me and JJ, we'd be locked right now.

And that's simply ludicrous. You continue to make assumptions without any sort of firm basis at all.
I don't have enough of a drive to be a member of a rank 1 alliance to the point where I would feel the need to stoop to what you and JJ did to this playerbase in round 30. Fact. You can choose to accept that, or not. I think that once someone such as yourself gets some form of conspiracy in your head, then it's aimless attempting to reason with it.
My response can stand to anyone that isn't you though, so they can make their own judgements. I've stood by a way of playing I consider fair - I've not plunged the dagger into anyone, and I made political decisions with Oggie and Caz that I approved of ethically for such a small playerbase.
So to anyone else that is being drawn towards assuming this tosh Twigley is spouting is true, try and see the tactical situation if you were in our place; Fight against two alliances and fail, or focus on one, and then another with a much higher success probability. It is just a genuine flaw of Res' tactics that they didn't attack either dRQ or Aphall whilst we waged our own war between each other.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You didnt touch an ally for 2 weeks, worked with them, talked to them about your plans and told them youd leave them alone.
If that was me and JJ, we'd be locked right now.

And that's simply ludicrous.

You didnt touch an ally for 2 weeks - Confirmed by ally stats.
worked with them - Confirmed. You sent with them on a few organised hits on them.
talked to them about your plans - Ogluk confirmed.
told them youd leave them alone - Ogluk confirmed.

Where is the ludicrous part?
Unfortunately it's true.
And there is no getting away from it.
You can't deny without lying that you didn't did ALL 4 things.
So why did you?

CFalcon

Official Helper
If in another 2 weeks Res and RQ still haven't fought, then you'd have a point Twigley. 2 days of inaction does not constitute a powerblock. And no, you can't carry over resistance collaboration into a powerblock argument.

The idea that two alliances work together in a resistance, and then are instantly labelled a powerblock the moment that resistance knocks rank 1 a few bil score under rank 2 is simply childish.

And if it were you and JJ instead, I'd be making exactly the same argument. Infact, I did. In the TBA round, I defended TBA at first and rubbished PB claims, on the assumption that once it was only those 3 left there would be a war amongst them for rank 1. I only changed my mind when it became clear there would be no split. Don't even think you can accuse me of flip-flopping my arguments. I'm rock solid on this.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I wish I could make a poll in this post to rate how much of a hypocrite Twigley is

:(

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Thank you for the troll, iamsmart.
I didn't expect much more.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I wish I could make a poll in this post to rate how much of a hypocrite Twigley is

:(

This.
I did the politics, not Oggie. No plans were spoken about with me, and no supposed 'no-hit' concept was spoken about with me.
I think you may of gotten some things confused with their supposed meaning.
But like I said, I'm pretty sure there was never a 'no-attack' policy for our alliance on them. They just didn't bother us whilst we had the incomings, and eventually when Aphall got them too. Believe it was coincidence, or not. I can't force anyone to believe anything - But I know for myself that we worked very hard - And got some very good luck too.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I like how you ignored my post and responded to the troll.
Ogluk told us all in IRC himself that he told Res he would leave them alone.
He said it in #Bushtarion.

How much do you really know DaX?
It seems you are in the dark on this, i'm afraid.
Better go get your story straight and be filled in on talks from your leader that were either behind your back as the "politics organiser" or you already know about. It's lol's either way,

Edit: I don't think there is a need for me to respond anymore times unless you have another point that needs bringing up, i'll happily debate it with you on here. For me, it's time to play some more halo reach.

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I mainly ignored your point only because I only read the first line of your post though Twigley, if it makes you feel any better

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Ogluk told us all in IRC himself that he told Res he would leave them alone.
He said it in #Bushtarion.

i should probably clarify the full details of this
i never specifically said the words, but i insinuated to the effect of that, in a joint channel when we were sorting the attacks on Aphalla, to various MEMBERS of Res, i dont think i've actually said a word this round to Dill, or Tiff or whoever actually is leading them, directly :p

and the majority of our politics has been done through either DaX or Signer, due to me have an outlook of basically just kill everyone and deal with the consequences later :p Signer holds my leash back when i try to do stupid things :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
i THINK El Caz was out when we hit Bribemania, thus i broke free from the hook on the wall :p

bluehen55

Harvester
Well I guess someone from Res should chime in here at some point. I really wish I could find the logs where Ogluk said something about not hitting us, but it really was an innocuous comment to one of our members about them focusing on Alph before coming for us, which, honestly, did more to rile up members in Res than anything else, as people weren't happy with the thought that Ogluk and co. would be the ones to dictate exactly how the round went for them. Thats the extent of anything we knew about their plans, and honestly, any idiot could figure that out for themselves. Back when the "resistance" that lasted all of 2 or 3 hits ended alpha and RQ were nearly equal with Res a good bit behind. If you’ll all remember, at the time everyone was *****ing about how 2 v 1 wasn’t a fair fight and they were close enough to fight one on one. So Res backed out and they fought 1 v 1 while we quietly built up to be near equal to the other two. I’m not sure why anyone would have expected RQ to try to fight both of us at once, that would have been suicide. And when the fighting started Res was too small to compete with the other two. Maybe a chance has been missed when we grew to a certain size and Alpha was still a bigger threat to RQ, but that’s on us and our laziness, sorry if we offended anyone by not putting in the effort and picking a side, or attacking both sides of the war, or whatever everyone wanted. Regardless, the rounds still not over no matter what Twiggles says, so stay tuned folks.

Ahead

Head Gardener
This thread is strange.. I don't understand it from what I've read. Twigley, if you were in a resistance with another alliance against one that is pulling away and taking a lead would you say to the other alliance in the resistance: "OH BTW WE'RE GONNA WTFRAPE YOU AS SOON AS THE RANK 1 ALLY IS 1B SMALLER THAN US LOLOL GL NOOBS". No of course you wouldn't. You work with said alliance until the resistance is over and the former rank 1 alliance is about 50% of your alliance. Whether you say it or not you know that neither of those alliances will hit each other while rank 1 ally is still there unless they're backstabbed.

You've been in resistances before, you know how it works. Your propaganda never fails to amaze me :p

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
tbh, bluehen for coolest kid in bush.

<3

Edit: Twigley is gay

Last edited:

Stegosaurus

Pruner
I'm unsure if twigley is intentionally stirring up ****, grossly misinformed, stupider than I gave him credit for, or if he's just come down with a case of the zaheens.

NoobCake

Planter
I normally stay out of forums completely but after being nudged into reading all this crap i feel obligated to post.

This is Hero, I was helping Bruce lead Aphallatosis (though he was never online so was actually leading) and have since been given actual leadership.

The reason Aphallatosis did not finish off either dRage or Res for the early win is because that was EXECATLY what I wanted to avoid this round... Like i did last round when trying to get history to realize being the only ftw alliance makes it kind of pointless and wanting them to split into 2 equal alliances to fight and have fun. I love this game, but the past 10 rounds are always the same... I meant to try and change that this round as i had a leading role in a ftw alliance, therefore:

Having friends in Res, Bribe, AND OMG we were informed that dRage was completely napped with Res where no attacks would be sent vs each other, that rage had asked OMG for help vs us as well, AND that they had spoken to bribe about "resisting" too.

OMG and Bribe basically laughed at them, because well resisting an alliance that was AT THAT TIME maybe 5-6bil score ahead and maybe 5k acres is laughable. Res wasn't convinced at helping Rage right away, but jumped all over the "we dont attack you and you dont attack us" deal.

My actions led me to start hitting Res and beating them down a bit ( hits lasted maybe 24 hours before i called them off) and from there we waited for rage to plant so that we could have ourselves a 1 v 1 with most of res out of the way. Once the y had caught up (by massing OMG for not agreeing to help them) and were ahead on land and barely behind in score, we struck... and we struck hard... in the first 24 hours of attacks we had put a big dent in there units and had taken land nearly every attack...

After that first day of fighting, and us clearly being the victors we did slow down and expected rage to bounce right back continuing to fight... We did only have a barely an 8-10bil lead at this time so I thought, with that group they arent done unless we finish them off. Which would basically end the round (EXACTLY WHAT I DID NOT WANT TO HAPPEN)

Apparently during that whole debacle Rage had attempted a bash on bribe (again the other alliance refusing to be their *****es and team up instead of making them fight a fair 1 v 1 battle) So as bruce made a once a week appearance he was greeted by bribe that wanted to hit rage as well. BRUCE FILLED THEM IN WITHOUT ME KNOWING. So after we had our plans in line and bribe was already told we were sending by bruce I told them and bruce that we were sending at these ids and they could do whatever the wanted outside those with no coordination with our plans...

Bribe sent once either just before or just after us and that was the end of it as i dont think they faired well...

Back to right after we had started to beat down rage and slowed down...

Rage and Res both coordinate masses on us together even though rage was not beaten down any further not were we very far ahead at all. (this was prolly the most pathetic part seeing as how the rage group had ALWAYS planned on having help and not actually fighting anything to earn a win... they like it when they are the only real FTW alliance as you can tell from previous rounds) and even after the 2 days of them working together we were still rank 1 by a very little bit... and i think Res realized they were stupid to do that and stopped. (the two days was indeed 2 mass attacks, but with a lot of randoms and rushes by both in between... so im not stating you guys endlessly waved us together for 2 days straight)

We then proceeded to go 1 v 1 the following night on them and met another deal of great success putting another 8bil score between us. Then followed the server D/C during an attack by rage on us (they sent alone from what i could tell) and the server started acting up on the af3 stage... This screwed quite a few people over as it completely skipped the af2 tick! Having 4 poms with gurus waiting to cover all the fakes that end up not getting to send will cause some serious land loss... little over 4k that one attack because of it was the math i came up with.

Over the course of the day, I had 4 members watch themselves die because they couldnt log in while others could... literally being on IRC having the values posted for them after being contactable and spending all the late nights EARNING the rank 1 spot...

Obviously some people were upset, a couple basically quit and other just stopped caring and went inactive... This was the advantage rage needed to get on top of us and bravo to them for taking it... Though i think even they will admit that 1 v 1 against us each time up to the point was a clear win for us... but i cannot fault them for being opportunistic.

Over the past couple of days **** happened, people quit, morale went down as people thought... " why spend all this time and energy winning the round to have it taken away by such a lame thing as the game not working for us while it is for others." I cannot fault them for thinking that, they earned their land/scores/ranks and overall alliance ranks and had it taken NOT by a superior alliance, but an inferior system and set of fine print.

Case and point. Res and Rage WERE working together from about day 3 when rage realized they couldnt keep up with Aphallatosis. Bribe and OMG refused to help the rubbish crap rage tried to front as a resistance to an alliance 4% bigger than them because they couldnt beat them theirselves... and therefore got bashed and wave by rage. Aphallatosis refused to play like every other ftw alliance and go for the easiest win. (which has obviously bit us in the ass, and ill take responsibility for it completely) I also refused to work with or team up with any other alliance to kill or attack another... I wanted an extended round. I wanted wars between alliances of similar size to be fought 1 v 1 so the best one would win... Clearly when the other alliances know they arent the better in the war they default to getting help before actually fighting it out. To each their own and I sure hope the round continues... (hinting at Res and S2S to actually do something some time soon)

P.S.

Atsan was and never has been a spy. The post by Hobbe was completely tasteless even if he was being sarcastic. They way this game goes you know how people will take that so you had no right to use say those things about him and do that without consulting him first. Very bad show on your part.

Very long, but I missed the first wtfdozen pages of posting and had to catch up, so all you lazy ***** can take the time to read my part.

With lots of love, stemming from the deepest hate I have for all of you,

Hero

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
P.S.

Atsan was and never has been a spy. The post by Hobbe was completely tasteless even if he was being sarcastic. They way this game goes you know how people will take that so you had no right to use say those things about him and do that without consulting him first. Very bad show on your part.

I'm deeply sorry about calling atsan a spy. And I would also like to express my deepest regret concerning the matter of telling people I have had a few beers with ed. This is NOT true. I have NEVER had beers with ed. I'm sorry I discredited ed in this way, and I hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me. After a few beers perhaps. Which we never had.

Btw, this is sarcasm. I hope you noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.