Some Competittion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Seems as if there could actually be a "fight" for rank one this round, in the end it really relies on how the top 3 allies decide to play, all similar land, score, everything. Could be some epic battles, I just hope that there isn't any team ups and they let each ally war for their rank alone but we all know that never happens.

Questions:
Do you think that there will be fair wars seeing as everyone is similar rank, or will 2 allies team up and have a boring victory?

If two allies team up who do you think it will be?

And after said two allies team up will it be a boring finish to the round or will they war between themselves?

Who do you think will end up on top?

-=-

Kinda random but I was bored and thought why not make a form post.

-Davis

CLem

Head Gardener
it is only rational to team up so you kill the one of the competition with little effort and then you just effectively have to war with one alliance properly. That's what a good leader will do, but not necessarily a noble action ;)

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Since this is an honest thread, I'll give you as honest answer as I can, and I think that the numbers in the alliance "offensive combat stat tracking" will give you the clue you're looking for. It is quite peculiar that two of the top 3 alliances have not killed a single unit from eachother in attacks throughout the whole round. But as CLem pointed out: it's good policy to go two on one, and as they say: picking a fair fight is stupid - and I guess you don't win by being stupid.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
while it's "stupid" and "wont win" it has won people rounds before and earned them a lot more respect, i mean lately this game winning means nothing, cody won last round for ****s sake :p but i think winning honorably through your own alliance being better (not politically better) than any other alliance should mean more but i completely understand why teaming up will happen :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Since when is teaming up to kill rank 1 a dishonourable action? As far as i'm concerned, any "resistance" that attacks rank 1 (and doesn't bash those who don't join the resistance at lower ranks) is an honourable, and viable option. Don't give ranks 2/3 **** because they're working together to prevent rank 1 from winning. That's just mental.

Also, you forget the corollary to a round that goes on for longer than usual. It'll mean people get tired eventually, and alliances are likely to crack. The competing alliances know this, and thus the longer the current stalemate runs, the higher the chance of combining forces to beat the opponent so as to force a finish one way or another. This'll lead to sleep filled nights for whoever wins, which makes teaming up to win the sensible, healthy and smart thing to do.

You may deride it as a lame move, but it's nothing you wouldn't do in their place. (And it's nothing you haven't done before either Davis; one needs merely look at your alliance membership history.)

Since this is an honest thread, I'll give you as honest answer as I can, and I think that the numbers in the alliance "offensive combat stat tracking" will give you the clue you're looking for. It is quite peculiar that two of the top 3 alliances have not killed a single unit from eachother in attacks throughout the whole round. But as CLem pointed out: it's good policy to go two on one, and as they say: picking a fair fight is stupid - and I guess you don't win by being stupid.

It is not peculiar at all that ranks 2/3 are not attacking each other in the interest of beating rank 1. What has happened to everyone's brain, has it been so long since there've been more than 2 competitive allies that people forget how resistances work?

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Both rank 1+2 are similar in terms of score and land therefore a 'resistance' aimed at bringing down rank 1 is not in real terms a resistance is it?

All it is imo is propoganda to help either rank 2 or 3 or 4 replace the current rank 1 nothing more

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
But that wasn't always the case Melnibone. Nor are ranks 2 and 3 really working together purposefully anymore. Case closed.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Obviously this is a POWERBLOCK!
Orrrrr maybe the reason why rank 1 is now about the almost size of rank 2, is because rank 2 and rank 3 worked together instead of letting rank 1 grow to the size of rank 2,3 & 4, combined and then thinking "oh sh... they're a bit large now aren't they? Let's start a resistance... Oh no, they're just too large, can't beat them, nvm".

So I think it all boils down to this:
- Scenario A: Rank 1 grows. Rank 2 and 3 work together in bringing rank 1 back to the size of rank 2. People whine because rank 1 is 2v1'd.
- Scenario B: Rank 1 grows. Rank 2 & 3 don't work together. People whine because the round is over so quickly, and because there is no resistance.

Conclusion: Whatever happens, people whine.

In case people haven't noticed: Rank 1 is still rank 1. You would have an argument if rank 1 had dropped to rank 2, and the new rank 1 and rank 3 teamed up on rank 2 further.

Zaheen

BANNED

In case people haven't noticed: Rank 1 is still rank 1. You would have an argument if rank 1 had dropped to rank 2, and the new rank 1 and rank 3 teamed up on rank 2 further.

I find it hillarious on how half the players in this thread are Rank 2. Defending, pleading for help.

You guys are truly and utterly pathetic, you are exactly the same score as Rank 1 you backstabbing, bashing, waving noobs. So what are you saying, the moment you team up on Rank 1 and take the lead, then no more attacks will take place on Rank 2? Haha, you'll farm them down to Rank 5 if you had the chance, because that is what you do.

The way I see it: -
- Rank 1 have earned their rank, by taking ALL their land from Rank 2 and Rank 3.
- Rank 2 and Rank 3 have taken most of their land from Rank 4, 5 and 6, showing/proving that they will do whatever it takes to win, bashing, waving, hence killing the player base.

If Res help dRage quit in this war then they are the biggest idiotic alliance I have ever seen.
If dRage take the lead, it's clear that they wouldn't have done it without the help of Res anyway, they even wanted Bribe and OMG to help them at the start, shows you how crap they really are. Needed 4 alliances in the first 2 days to take out Rank 1? Haha.

Twigley is coming up from behind all 3 of you with almost the same amount of land, and NO troops. And I will laugh my face off if he even comes 2nd, let alone wins.

I don't think anybody should help dRage Quit bash out Rank 1, because they are full of no life scum, who can't play the game fairly.

Simple as that, dirty scum, rot in Bushtarion hell and die nubs.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

I find it hillarious on how half the players in this thread are Rank 2. Defending, pleading for help.
I find it insulting that you would question my ability to make an objective statement on something I'm involved in.

You guys are truly and utterly pathetic, you are exactly the same score as Rank 1 you backstabbing, bashing, waving noobs.
Who have we backstabbed?

So what are you saying, the moment you team up on Rank 1 and take the lead, then no more attacks will take place on Rank 2? Haha, you'll farm them down to Rank 5 if you had the chance, because that is what you do.
I never said we wouldn't attack them. I said you would have reason to question us if we teamed up on apha with Res, even if apha became rank 2.

The way I see it: -
- Rank 1 have earned their rank, by taking ALL their land from Rank 2 and Rank 3.
- Rank 2 and Rank 3 have taken most of their land from Rank 4, 5 and 6, showing/proving that they will do whatever it takes to win, bashing, waving, hence killing the player base.
If bashing and waving is killing the player base, then it's been dead since before I joined this game in r10.

If Res help dRage quit in this war then they are the biggest idiotic alliance I have ever seen.
If dRage take the lead, it's clear that they wouldn't have done it without the help of Res anyway, they even wanted Bribe and OMG to help them at the start, shows you how crap they really are. Needed 4 alliances in the first 2 days to take out Rank 1? Haha.

Twigley is coming up from behind all 3 of you with almost the same amount of land, and NO troops. And I will laugh my face off if he even comes 2nd, let alone wins.
You are entitled to your opinion.

I don't think anybody should help dRage Quit bash out Rank 1, because they are full of no life scum, who can't play the game fairly.

Simple as that, dirty scum, rot in Bushtarion hell and die nubs.
I have told you before, these kind of insults do not help you. I personally don't take people serious who have to resort to this.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
the numbers in the alliance "offensive combat stat tracking" will give you the clue you're looking for. It is quite peculiar that two of the top 3 alliances have not killed a single unit from eachother in attacks throughout the whole round. B

Wow i didn't even notice that, i thought it would be bigger than that.
I remember it being called a clear powerblock and Azzer stepping in on the RRR round when the top 2 allies (S2N and RRR) were aprox same score aswell with two other smaller allies approx same score (Enm and Fail). All be it it was mainly because we had done it the round before, but the evidence from Azzer was that we had barely attacked each other compared to the rest.

And we had even stole like 1k from each other aswell :p
And we hadn't even attacked with each other lols! (Like the current situation).

HOWEVER.

It does seem now it's a plain 1 v 1 fight and nearly every single mob drage sent out seems to only be on the rank 1 alliance so kudos for that.

And who knows? Maybe Res are waiting till rank 1 are down a little bit more and then team up with them? Their hits seem to of stopped because either drage said they wanna do it 1 v 1 or they wanna team up with rank 1, or they're biding their own time.

OOOHH THE DRAMA!!!

Disclaimer: I've just drank 2 cups of coffeeee

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If you want my 2 cents, it's more that at the moment, Res helped us when we asked for it, so why waste time attacking them when we can be attacking the actual threat (ie, Aphall)? They haven't pestered us all round, and asked other alliances to help attack despite being rank 1 already. It's just simple battle-logic in my opinion.
Plus, Res are keeping a relative tab on the other alliances that were creeping up before - Why stop them from having their fun, as we're having ours? :p
There's no 'powerblock' - We just both have our own agendas to be carried out.

cb1202

Head Gardener
res sent with us in 2 waves out of what 30ish? We asked for their help after BM and Aphall decided to team up against us. While this was short lived we felt like we would need help if it was 2 v 1 on us while we were still 20b behind in alliance score. After constant rushes, defense, and a few planned attacks we have managed to close the gap. If you look at the damage done we did 95% of it. The gap was closed through our own determination and persistance not because we teamed up with Res. Res helped in the 2 initial waves, but we have been working on our own ever since.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
That is what i said after my "HOWEVER" part cb ;P

Also on topic - Seems apha got rid of some dead weight and are retaliating? :O
Just after last night on IRC everyone wrote them off as falling apart!
A twist.

cb1202

Head Gardener
That is what i said after my "HOWEVER" part cb ;P

A twist.

I agreed with everything you said twigley. My post was directed at other people :D

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
A twist.

Disagree - We suicided horribly on an attack earlier. It's nowhere near over yet :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
yeah, Silence got my bikers killed! FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!

in other news, this is good fun, really looking forward to seeing how it all pans out, and whoever wins they'll atleast have worked for it for once
(unless Res sneak the win cos of Aphall and dRQ killing each other)

Ryu

Pruner
Besides the huge power block from rank 2 and 3, and the GREAT ADVANTAGE drage took due to the Server Issues the other day.. Yeah, quite a fight.

Gotta admit though, every day back and forth at each other has been quite fun. Although, soon enough Res is gonna drift into first. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Stegosaurus

Pruner
Besides the huge power block from rank 2 and 3, and the GREAT ADVANTAGE drage took due to the Server Issues the other day.. Yeah, quite a fight.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. I would recommend getting an informed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.