Some Competittion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFalcon

Official Helper
I'm trying to get to the root of the problem.

Constant stalking/flaming/trolling doesn't appear to be helping anyone get to the root of the problem.
I'm trying the best I am, I think it's a player mentality issue. You think it's bad game design.

Not think it's both?

Both changing player mentality and changing game mechanics could solve the problem.

However, you have practically zero chance of changing player mentality. Particularly if you go about it by insulting everyone and everything. Ingratiation is a thousand times more effective than aggression.

nolimit

Weeder
despite zaheen's rough attitude. I stand behind him and think its lame/sad how much *you guys controlls this forum and game*.

but then again i dont wanna blame you guys since you have made it your own forum and game and i guess we else just should stfu and be happy. But as I said in start its sad and lame and you guys are deffiently killing/scaring of some very good players of the community and game. Much like in a dictator and communist country :F

I dont think you understand that its only good with ppl with different point of views rather than everyone should agree with the guys on this and that.

Enough of my bs.

and dont be so rough on the outsiders :E damn dictators and lamers.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't expect everyone to agree with me nolimit. But I do expect them to be polite when they're disagreeing with me.

I'm happy to have, and encourage lively debate. What I do not encourage is rampant hate as a response to a disagreement. I am aware I occasionally do fall prey to my own temper but it isn't all the time and im trying to get better. :)

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I mean honestly wtf is going on, everyone said just wait till rage come out of sleep then all the attacking will begin, is it just me or is there very little if any attacks going on?

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Apha hit us and on eta 3 Res sent, to help them on LT.

If they were just sending a long as we were out defending, why would they send on Aphas last tick to help them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I mean honestly wtf is going on, everyone said just wait till rage come out of sleep then all the attacking will begin, is it just me or is there very little if any attacks going on?

You're missing the entire 72hr sleep mode thing.
Regardless of Zaheen's ramblings, I will explain why sleep mode was hit for the weekend, just to at least put it out there for consideration.
On the Friday, we started getting joint incomings from Res and Aphall - This isn't made up (and I do have print screens to post for the round end to support any of my arguments) - We had seven players away for the weekend, and unable to partake. So we all arranged a set time to hit sleep - We called every member, sent a mass mail, and changed the channel name to indicate the plans. We also had a vote on the idea, and whilst it was unliked, it was the best tactical decision we had available (but hey - failing that, we could just boot those seven and get new players in like Hero does, no?).
FeR was contacted, just like everyone else - He was even online on the tick we hit sleep. He just didn't do it. Someone always messes up something in an en masse plan, and sadly FeR was that person in that situation. But he didn't whine, or complain - He went solo and worked on rebuilding for when we all came back out of sleep.
We did think possibly that the supposed 'competitive elements' of ranks 1 & 3 at the time would actually make trades - However, this didn't happen. Instead they chose to attack Twigley. I again, have screenshots of the alliance standings per 24hrs whilst in SM.
Now we are out of sleep, we have a 2v1 battle. Now, I'm not going to complain, because that would put me at levels such as Ryu and Hero, who threw a fit the moment they saw a member of another alliance send with us as a part of a resistance movement. What I don't understand, however, is that when we are attacked en masse, that the other competitor doesn't counter them to take land? This would be my standpoint on the situation - Attempting to take land from both alliances. It's simple, and I also think it's relatively simple to organise.
My two cents, voila.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Maybe just spy us numb nuts? Apha hit us and on eta 3 Res sent, to help them on LT.

If they were just sending a long as we were out defending, why would they send on Aphas last tick to help them?
:respekt:

I'm sure there is a perfectly valid explanation, perhaps neither alliance knew of any LT times of each other, and that's just sheer chance.

Just because they send one joint attack at you, doesn't constitute a power block, however 20 days of no attacking but constant helping each other does.

So that means they never spied to find offliners, check who is still in the alliance, check if we are out attacking.

How often do you attack blind????

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
What I don't understand, however, is that when we are attacked en masse, that the other competitor doesn't counter them to take land?

This would result in a stalemate where no alliance is willing to mass attack one ally in fear of getting incoming from the other.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
What I don't understand, however, is that when we are attacked en masse, that the other competitor doesn't counter them to take land?

This would result in a stalemate where no alliance is willing to mass attack one ally in fear of getting incoming from the other.

It's been like that for ages anyway, before we hit sleepmode!
It is still the best tactical decision to make for the benefit of your own alliance, anyway.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Wasn't intentional.. ^_^

ID's removed and names slightly-changed.. as well as few lines deleted to make it safe for reproduction outside the alliance channel :p

[10:33] <ThatGuy> are we sending behind aph?
[10:33] <Someone> yes
[10:33] <Someone> :p
[10:33] <Someone> just saw
[10:34] <Someone> whaha, they ****ed...
[10:34] <MyArsenalHurts> ??
[10:34] <Someone> spy [ID REMOVED]
[10:35] <WickedDude> MyArsenalHurts
[10:35] <WickedDude> when it comes to it
[10:35] <Someone> ahpa send like 3 ticks befor us
[10:35] <WickedDude> can u help me spie
[10:35] <MyArsenalHurts> yeah
[10:35] <Someone> brb\
[10:36] <WickedDude> omg
[10:36] <WickedDude> now they have a proper screen of red
[10:36] <WickedDude> lol
[10:36] <MyArsenalHurts> :p
[10:36] <MyArsenalHurts> did apha send?
[10:36] <WickedDude> they may not even notice mine and her mis sends
[10:36] <WickedDude> yeah
[10:36] <WickedDude> on three targets per person it loks like
[10:36] <MyArsenalHurts> Silence style?
[10:36] <WickedDude> [ID REMOVED] as well
[10:36] <ThatGuy> was this planned with apha?
[10:36] <WickedDude> no
[10:36] <WickedDude> i had no idea
[10:36] <WickedDude> lol
[10:36] <ThatGuy> rofl
[10:37] <ThatGuy> hell of a coincidence
[10:37] <WickedDude> like they would let us piggy anyway
[10:37] <ThatGuy> that actuall works in our favor for once :O
[10:37] <WickedDude> those greedy ****s
[10:37] <WickedDude> lol
[10:37] <WickedDude> yeah
[10:37] <ThatGuy> thought that seemed out of character for them :p
[10:37] <WickedDude> theres not much defence either
[10:38] <MyArsenalHurts> there is now
[10:38] <MyArsenalHurts> :p
[10:39] <MyArsenalHurts> nothing on our real
[10:39] <MyArsenalHurts> :p
[10:40] <ISuck!> WickedDude
[10:40] <ISuck!> are we following aphalla?
[10:40] <WickedDude> yeah
[10:40] <WickedDude> lol
[10:40] <ISuck!> wtf.
[10:40] <MyArsenalHurts> ISuck! - by accident
[10:40] <ISuck!> POWERBLOCK
[10:40] <WickedDude> unintentionally :p
[10:40] <ISuck!> OMFG
[10:40] <ISuck!> :p
[10:40] <ISuck!> So much troll in #bushtarion
[10:41] <ISuck!> WickedDude

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
The only things I changed were names, removed the IDs, and removed any lines that didn't have anything to do with the attack..

I really didn't need to fake a convo, and I wouldn't if I did.. :p The truth is out there, whether you accept it or not is your choice.

*goes back to work..* ^_^

EDIT: Btw - It takes a while to change all the names. :( Im surprised I didn't miss any.. ^_^

Davis

Tree Surgeon
You're missing the entire 72hr sleep mode thing.

um mayne you be trippen, you guys were out of sleep when i posted that... so why hadn't stuff happened when you came out of sleep is what i was asking... not why nothing happened those three days... nice try though.

but it looks like rank 1/2 powerblocking to take out rank 3 now. i understand not killing apha because you want to hit rage all the way first. but having them send with you is low.

Zaheen

BANNED
but having them send with you is low.
It's a similar situation when dRAGE QUIT bashed my alliance, about 2-3 others also sent at us (but I didn't start saying they were all teaming - everybody wanted the free acres).

How is it low? dRAGE QUIT are full of members who play this way, justice will be made if they are given the same treatment.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
but having them send with you is low.
:snip: I Hate dRage's members :snip:

Um because when they sent at you it was just other alliances sending for free land? Cody was at my house when it happened and I saw the incs, it was originally just dRage hitting you then once others realized you were easy/free land, they sent for easy/free land. However this has been Res+Apha from the first wave and in an organized manor... quite different tbh.

Edit:
Lol i forgot that
Code:
:s
would make a :s face and thus make snip look like awkward face nip :p

Zaheen

BANNED
I am twisting Zaheens words
Please can you stop?

Look, even me and my solo PNap are sending at them because they are free land...

Tue 25th Oct, year 2. Midnight Attacking Shipjumper
Battle Report - Attacking X [X]
[close] 100,000 allied Stealth Thief stole 794 land. [200] tree. [516] bush. [38] flower. [40] grass. [0] uncultivated.

You stole 794 land. [200] tree. [516] bush. [38] flower. [40] grass. [0] uncultivated.
You gained 5.23 fame.
You gained 7.90 honour.
You earned £38,215,324 bounty.

-----

I didn't even get defended, he didn't even run out his flak first tick.

Status
Not open for further replies.