some competision.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
they've been trying.. :p If they didn't have twice our land, they'd be losing too..

That's like me saying "if dRQ were never bashed, we'd be no1".
You didn't work as hard as they did, so they're beating you. Not being funny, just saying it as it is.

True we didn't work as hard as they did, but then we didn't want to win either.

and at least we aren't rolling over and dying.. lol.. We are probably the least active of the top alliances this round, and we have put up the most fight on defense. Sad really

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
they've been trying.. :p If they didn't have twice our land, they'd be losing too..

That's like me saying "if dRQ were never bashed, we'd be no1".
You didn't work as hard as they did, so they're beating you. Not being funny, just saying it as it is.

True we didn't work as hard as they did, but then we didn't want to win either.

and at least we aren't rolling over and dying.. lol.. We are probably the least active of the top alliances this round, and we have put up the most fight on defense. Sad really

Blowing the figurative trumpet, much?
Bare with me whilst I quietly laugh to myself.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
not my fault you gave up, move on with the round and try to have some fun. this has been the most fun I've had in a round in a long time and I'm Always defending..

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
not my fault you gave up, move on with the round and try to have some fun. this has been the most fun I've had in a round in a long time and I'm Always defending..

Please understand that I'm perfectly happy bobbing along doing what I want to do, but also understand you've not been put in anywhere near as much pressure so far this entire round than we had within two weeks. :>

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

Please understand that I'm perfectly happy bobbing along doing what I want to do, but also understand you've not been put in anywhere near as much pressure so far this entire round than we had within two weeks. :>

constant incoming from an alliance twice our size not enough pressure? :p We just handle it well ^_^ Last round was good practice for me.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

constant incoming from an alliance twice our size not enough pressure? :p We just handle it well ^_^ Last round was good practice for me.

I mean no disrespect to Res here. The following is merely my opinion and should be read as such.

How about constant incoming for a few weeks straight from 1, then 2 alliances, then the whole game? It's a little different being targeted by one alliance, and one alliance only. Especially one which has reasonably poor attacking skills. Being rank 2, defending against rank 1 is one of the easiest jobs in this entire game. Trust me, I've been there more rounds than not; and it's considerably easier defending against rank 1 without outside interference than it is being subject to 2v1 and then scavengers.

I believe you're under pressure, rank 2 always is when rank 1 has "already won" but to compare pressure from different times of the round is difficult. I would say dRQ has endured more; but I'm not a Res member, so I'm not in a position to judge your incoming, only to judge mine. At the height of our inc, and your inc, I would be inclined to say dRQ had more incoming to deal with, on a larger scale, for a longer period of time than Res, but again, I can't guarantee that, nor can I prove it. Simply an opinion ;)

I would say both dRQ and Res did good jobs in their defending. Res simply has the advantage of being under attack by only one alliance at a time, which, imo, leads to a serious difference in amount of "pressure" from which you are suffering.

Last edited:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

and the irony is that even though its been like 2-3 weeks since RQ bowed out, RQ has still done the most damage to aphalla, and that was back when killing 2 tril was a major blow. Sad really

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

and the irony is that even though its been like 2-3 weeks since RQ bowed out, RQ has still done the most damage to aphalla, and that was back when killing 2 tril was a major blow. Sad really

thats only offensive stats - WE've said the entire round we aren't an offensive ally :p If it showed defensive stats, it'd be a whole different story

As far as pressure - DRQ didn't see real incoming till after they had already given up.. even if people are going to be UC for the entire weekend (we had at least 5 people ourselves this past weekend) its really no reason for everyone to hit sleep..

and ofc at that point, everyone and their mother is going to see easy land when they come out of a sleep, it would take an extremely well organized alliance to time sleep well enough for everyone to coem out at the same time, and be able to defend themselves right away..

You were out of it as soon as the decision to sleep was made

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You are in no position to judge when we did or did not get real incoming LS. You aren't in dRQ and never have been. I admit we weren't going to win as of sleepmode, but that didn't change the pressure we were under, nor is that relevant to our current discussion. You are not a member of our ally, and consequently you know nothing.

I would continue this argument but given your seeming inability to grasp basic truths, I can't be bothered.

As for defensive stats, I think we would be nigh on equivalent. Assuming we took them from similar times in our defensive moments.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
thats only offensive stats - WE've said the entire round we aren't an offensive ally :p If it showed defensive stats, it'd be a whole different story

That's a poor argument. If it showed defensive stats as well I'm sure RQ would have plenty of damage done on apha as well. It just means they've been attacking and defending, whereas you've just been defending.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

That's a poor argument. If it showed defensive stats as well I'm sure RQ would have plenty of damage done on apha as well. It just means they've been attacking and defending, whereas you've just been defending.

and Defending is what we do. You can argue all day, but its not going to change anything. I don't know why its such a hard concept to grasp. We are not an offensive alliance in any means, most of us don't bother attacking much, and the few of us that do like to get out on attacks are usually busy defending mass-attacks, or countering rushes, or are just too big to have any targets..

Also, not being FTW, theres no requirement to get on for major attacks, so seeing more than 11-12 people online to send an attack, that will stick around, is rare.

Seeing 18+ people online to send defense, thats a different story :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I dont think anyone is disputing the fact you're a defensive alliance. My issue is the following: "Where does you being a defensive alliance equate you being under more pressure than dRQ?" From my ID this round, I would disagree but I'd be happy to see your evidence supporting your assertion. Like I said earlier, i've not been in Res all round but my memory of dRQ incoming was rather significant, and you hadn't really suffered anything until we were out of the picture, and until aphalla had a reasonable land lead. 1 versus 1 does not equal 2v1 + gangbanged by everyone and their mother who senses a dying alliance. That is, of course, merely one example of the pressure and stress we were under; and it is only the last phase of pressure at that. Ever since dRQ attacked Aphalla, we were under pressure. Res did dick all until we were dying with a few exceptions. All you did was mass lower allies, steal land, and join 2 resistance attacks.

I don't mean to belittle your achievements this round, being a great defensive alliance is lovely, but it simply isn't in the same scale as what dRQ underwent this round.

Last edited:

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
As far as pressure - DRQ didn't see real incoming till after they had already given up.. even if people are going to be UC for the entire weekend (we had at least 5 people ourselves this past weekend) its really no reason for everyone to hit sleep..

Lol?
1. We had been warring with rank 1 for 1.5w. We had been on the receiving end, you had been getting the easy ride. Period. This required activity and contactibility. We had set LT's for attacks, which sometimes required people to come online to send on attacks etc, something you obviously didn't/don't.

2. We hit sleep after a day and night (or more, can't remember exactly) of 2v1, ON TOP of being 1v1'd for about 2 weeks BY A LARGER ALLIANCE. We didn't "give up" and then received incoming, you think we hit sleep because we're all pansies and got inc from rank 1? Before we hit sleep, we were pushed from rank 1 to 3, and still received 2v1 treatment. And even that wasn't the reason. It has been explained multiple times, but I'll do it one more time: Our nightcover had been under large pressure because:
a) We had been 1v1'ing for 1.5 weeks, including them coming online to send attacks
b) Then being 2v1'd, which again required out already stretched nightcover to come online even during the day to help out, resulting in them being kind of stretched.
Some of them ASKED to organise a sleepmode session, as they wanted a rest, and since a few people were going UC during the weekend, it seemed like we could kill 2 birds with one stone

So basically, the difference between you and us, is:
1. We sent attacks, you don't. Discuss all you like, but that's added pressure on an alliance.
2. We had been fighting 1v1, where we didn't end up being 50% of their size until a third ally hit on us (disregarding the period before we 2v1'd them to even the odds :p).
3. We only caved in to the pressure when we got 2v1'd for at least a day with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Summarising: Res got the easy ride throughout the round (as alci said (and I'm sure plenty people in your alliance will acknowledge this), defending 1v1, even against 200%, is a damn lot easier than being 2v1'd), Apha are the deserved winners of this round as they overcame a 2v1 and did attacks (even though the KR'd people ;)), and dRQ tried but failed for various reason, again, as explained earlier in this thread or in the previous thread.

Angela

Harvester
You are in no position to judge when we did or did not get real incoming LS. You aren't in dRQ and never have been. I admit we weren't going to win as of sleepmode, but that didn't change the pressure we were under, nor is that relevant to our current discussion. You are not a member of our ally, and consequently you know nothing.

I would continue this argument but given your seeming inability to grasp basic truths, I can't be bothered.

As for defensive stats, I think we would be nigh on equivalent. Assuming we took them from similar times in our defensive moments.

Maybe the above should also apply to Dax as well he isn't in res and blah blah you get my point, everyone seems to know what is going on in res and unless your in there you have no clue. (even if you are in there some still might not have a clue, meaning me here :D), reading further posts, maybe it should also apply to you as well.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Maybe the above should also apply to Dax as well he isn't in res and blah blah you get my point, everyone seems to know what is going on in res and unless your in there you have no clue. (even if you are in there some still might not have a clue, meaning me here :D), reading further posts, maybe it should also apply to you as well.

Dax wasn't questioning any motives you had, just stating his opinion based on an observation.
LS was making claims on our motives on why we hit sleep ("bla bla bla is no reason to hit sleepmode"), which is obviously ridiculous as he wasn't in our alliance so has no idea on why we hit sleepmode, apart from the reasoning we give in here.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

Dax wasn't questioning any motives you had, just stating his opinion based on an observation.
LS was making claims on our motives on why we hit sleep ("bla bla bla is no reason to hit sleepmode"), which is obviously ridiculous as he wasn't in our alliance so has no idea on why we hit sleepmode, apart from the reasoning we give in here.

Those were motives stated by your alliance :p Besides, there is NO good reason for an entire alliance to hit sleep for 3 days. Perioid..

2v1? Incase you forget, the 2nd alliance in that 2v1 was Res, and we sent all of 3 attacks, and that was in 2 days. If you can't handle 1 1/2 attack a day, even against those odds... I rest my case.

Res only stepped in to even the odds and keep your war going for a while longer, it was obvious Alpha were about to be beaten.. Much like we did against Alpha at the start.. The difference is, they didn't give (as much as it pains me to give them any sort of compliment)

The simple truth is, you gave up without a fight. You can use all the excuses in the world, but it won't change that damning bit of fact.

Much better to fight it out, no matter the odds.. I will never understand why people wimp out so quickly in this game. The new players at least show some promise, most of them understand the concept of rebuilding.

EDIT:

Oh.. and Hai Angela! ^_^