• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Seed Thief/Plant Thief idea

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i would like money launderers to be able to destroy alliance HQ funds as well as player funds.

everything else is good enough for me :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Though I do, and have admired Dachi's knowledge of this game, I will say that in my view launderers and plant thieves are now pretty useless {bar the compulsive collector award}. I personally would like to see them removed entirely. There is no real reason for players to stack cash or plants, when both contribute to your score level in modern-day Bushtarion.
A fair collection of either {eg, I like to keep around £200b up top in case I come online to nothing, and some people keep some plants stored in case of the same situation} will continue to be a trend regardless of these units being useful and being in existence.

Zaheen

BANNED
If an "average" player has 1k acres you can only steal up to 150 with geos. You would need at least 1,500 geos do to so. Those cost exactly 90,000,000. 150 acres would cost a lot more than that. This means geos would steal a few times more than they're worth. If I managed to follow your train of thought, geos should be eta 9.
LOL?

Anyway people with stealth may want to save loads of funds...or simply if you want to spend up on somebody. Since nobody has no way of knowing if you have a truck load of funds, or a stash of troops?

If you have just recently been bashed you'll have insurance money - doesn't mean that you'll immediately log on and spend it all just because it's there and has been added back to your score? Well at least I wouldn't. I think the Plant/Money units were there to be more of an annoyance than a profit making unit, and there had to be some limit on them, they have been boosted time and time again, and if they were any more powerful (or overpowered) people would probably complain?

Davs

Garden Designer
Anyway people with stealth may want to save loads of funds...or simply if you want to spend up on somebody. Since nobody has no way of knowing if you have a truck load of funds, or a stash of troops?

If you have just recently been bashed you'll have insurance money - doesn't mean that you'll immediately log on and spend it all just because it's there and has been added back to your score? Well at least I wouldn't. I think the Plant/Money units were there to be more of an annoyance than a profit making unit, and there had to be some limit on them, they have been boosted time and time again, and if they were any more powerful (or overpowered) people would probably complain?

I very much doubt that if they were more powerful people would complain. As things stand atm, no one even uses them - so the only complaints about them are that they don't need to exist. I personally think that they need to either be made into more attractive units (so reducing eta or a boost in power or even a tweaking in what they actually do) or just get rid of them completely.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

I do see what you're saying, but it doesn't really fit in response to what I had said {if indeed that was a reply to my point - you didn't quote me, so I'm out on a limb here}. As a stealth player myself, {and as I previously stated, I very often stack large amount of funds up top} I know that if anyone wished to try and send money launderers at me, the amount they would need to send to do a depressing amount of damage would cost more for them to buy, than the funds of mine they would waste over maybe even three or four attacks.
They are worthless, and pointless units. You gain nothing but spite from them, and you give large amounts of cash to do this. I really don't believe anybody is worth the amount of funds necessary to do decent damage with these units. It's simple, really.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
on dax's lats post he hits the nail on the head. seed stealers have a 3 attack pay back period in general, plants a better pay back but far less targets.

BUT money launderers do have really good potential...if they were made either more powerful fund destroyers... or able to steal in place of destroy. which would be far more useful. (although you could arguye this circumvents the point of insurance. to not be absoloutly zeroed when you log in.)

if you zero some one you know you can probably send again in 11-12 ticks to steal his funds too. and rub some salt in to the preverbial wound. but as it stands they gain you nothing. so why would any one chose them over seed thieves? nothing to be gained. thats what should change... i dont think eta change will quite cover it.

Zaheen

BANNED
if you zero some one you know you can probably send again in 11-12 ticks to steal his funds too. and rub some salt in to the preverbial wound. but as it stands they gain you nothing. so why would any one chose them over seed thieves? nothing to be gained. thats what should change... i dont think eta change will quite cover it.
Dax I don't like quoting people much, I like to make my responses general so I don't offend anybody.

Yes then I agree with what you are saying, since there is nothing to be gained you're saying it's worthless.

Maybe a Funds Stealer unit then, or a Funds Destroyer unit with 10x the power perhaps? I could see them going well.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Maybe a Funds Stealer unit then, or a Funds Destroyer unit with 10x the power perhaps? I could see them going well.

No, I see your point - But I don't imagine Azzer will put the time into designing a new unit when he is working upon his new RPG game most of the time.
I would take your idea as a positive, but it's unlikely it would be followed through, that's all. Hence asking for their entire removal.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

No, I see your point - But I don't imagine Azzer will put the time into designing a new unit when he is working upon his new RPG game most of the time.
I would take your idea as a positive, but it's unlikely it would be followed through, that's all. Hence asking for their entire removal.

surely its easier or at least on par with deleting the unit simply to change it to say destroys £100,000, instead of £10,000. in terms of effort.

but yeah I doubt until there is a barrage of changes azzer can make at once (like last round) he will dedicate the time to go through and update the code. unless there is alot of changes to be made. I can see it being too time consuming to just do the one off small change, and getting the server updated with said change.