R50 Discussions

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
so if memory serves me - yesterday's start weather was worse than it has been in at least 5 rounds. especially the rain. woo rank 300-ish

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I can't speak for this round, but last round I got so p*ssed off with it I went out after the first hour of constant crap weather. And the round before, actually.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Ehh, complaining about the weather is a bit pointless, yeah it impacts starts, but it impacts everyones pretty much equally :p

But yeah, did appear to be one of the worst in a while.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
wasn't the clouds that bothered me really. just the rain. wasn't complaining, just noticing.

"...next time we meet, we'll talk about the weather..."

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I quite like bad weather. It adds a more tactical element to the start rather than everyone just planting over and over again. Do you gamble and plant and hope that you gain an advantage? Or wait and keep your seeds until the weather improves?

The weather is the same for everyone, but at least you can use bad weather to gain an edge, whereas in good weather everyone just does the same thing.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Always plant. Unless heavy rain then plant a tiny bit for more gards in the future.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
To sum up the round so far

[09:16:58] <+Dimitar> the round's not even a day in and I've already kicked rank 1

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Clearly this round has a powerblock, and they're just all idiots that want to make a bot farm together to touch one another in. This round is gay 4 lyf 2k12.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
was there a post deleted? continuity in this thread doesn't track. and why do people think there is a power block? my brief glance through alliances pages looks like everyone has lost land to someone and that two peoples are pulling ahead.

aroo?

Last edited:

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
There is guaranteed 1 'strictly FTW' alliance every round..

Elderveld

Official Helper
there is no ftw alliance, unless the rank 1 alliance has already won, than that alliance was ftw. Else they will just say, we're FTF!