R48 Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Why am I even responding to a stoner ... (I almost kept out of responding to any posts this round because it was funnier to read the **** storm)

I already covered all your points. In the post YOU responded to disagreeing. Why would i need to re-post everything I've already said? You shouldn't post on Forums when you don't understand how it works.

Your own warped mind decided that I said multiple alliances have more experience than one. Re-Read the 11 word sentence. I was referring to DW having the most experienced line up around.

Edit: On a side note ... nobody said Dachi isn't a G. Trust me I knew Dachi being a G before you knew what Bushtarion was. But I didn't see anything special from him at all this round. Like i said, all i saw was him sleep mode, fail suicide retal for another alliance and plan a 2 v 1 attack on a what was then demoralised alliance with mass incs from everyone. Not really too good this round.

I bring up your awful alliance because this is an awards thread and im responding to you putting WW as best alliance. Are you that brainwashed or un aware of just how badly your alliance played? You propped up Mada to win the Start/Mid. That's when rounds are usually decided. In the first week. If it wasn't for the fact i got bored one day then no attacking on Mada would ever of started. Mada would have won and WW would have been rank 4 were you belonged. We would have kept bashing your terrible defence every day.

A-Nap. Disband. Recruit your ex-A-Nap. 2v1. Yup alliance of the round right here!!

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
revisionist history is grand :D

it's even better when you are so stoned you can only recollect 5 mins out of 76 days!

redlion

Pruner
Your own warped mind decided that I said multiple alliances have more experience than one. Re-Read the 11 word sentence. I was referring to DW having the most experienced line up around.
No, what you said was: "There was far far more experience in other allies than mada." The fact that you have to tell me (at a later date) what exactly you were referring to should be enough of a hint that you weren't clear on what you meant the first time around. I didn't misread. Your implication was unclear.

I'm responding to you putting WW as best alliance.

1. You propped up Mada to win the Start/Mid. That's when rounds are usually decided.
2. If it wasn't for the fact i got bored one day then no attacking on Mada would ever of started. Mada would have won and WW would have been rank 4 were you belonged.
3. We would have kept bashing your terrible defence every day.
1. Agreed. Were I a part of the leadership at that time, I would never have agreed to such a shaitan's bargain. But I wasn't. So I moved on.
2. Wow. Such humility. You really think you're the only one to have any aspirations of hitting r1? Or that you alone instigated it? Ugh.
3. If our defense was so terrible, how is it that we survived reforming (when most of our IDs remained known quantities) and rising through the ranks to finish r2? Your assertion that we had terrible defense is seemingly belied by our respective ending positions.

Haters gonna hate.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It was pretty clear.

I instigated the whole thing, yes. It's not exactly an amazing thing to do. Mada were not a good rank 1 alliance. They got there from A-Napping and never received any real incs up to that point. When i approached both WW and Trans, neither of your planners had any previous intention of hitting Mada. Really they didn't seem to have a clue how to. Everyone thought it was over.

Your defence never got decent we just stopped hitting you. You got to rank 2 because 1 alliance disbanded (with you taking some of their players) and the other you 2 v 1'ed out of the game. Previous to that we had landing with only 2/3 of us sending per day. I think Nickk must have stole 5k alone from just sending 20k stealth thiefs and nothing else lol. Terrible terrible terrible alliance across the round.

Also, im fairly sure we discussed this on IRC. You stopped replying to this thread and f5'ed a whole lot before writing a reply hours later?

The moment you said the resistance on rank 1 was the same noob tactic as your 2 v 1 of DW was the moment I was 100% assured you don't know what youre talking about :)

[Insert meme here]

Cal v2

Planter
* Alliance of the round [leaving this blank, too many things to say, some alliances had different aspirations, it's hard to choose.]
* Best Offensive Alliance - Trans. Yeah, they attacked at 30%, 35%, 40% so on, but they did it with persistence.
* Best Defensive Alliance - DW.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - VS. Amazed you guys didn't disband.
* Worst Alliance - MADA (post active) for obvious reasons.
* Best Leader - CLem, had mad loyalty to you, everyone did, nobody WANTED to leave other than RS, and look how that turned out.
* Worst Leader - None to be honest, I tried leading once, the alliance lasted 3 days, it's harder than it seems. I applaud anyone with the patience to try. :)
* Player of the Round - Allied - GARRET. A god damn machine.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Deloitte
* Player of the Round - Solo or Allied - Edd.
* Best Offensive Player - Probably FFX for me, if not for the late round inactiveness, other than that, Cyrus/Edd/Spot/Deloitte
* Best Defensive Player - Garret, again. DiscWorld would have been in tatters after only a week without you. Can't give you enough credit for the things you did this round. Well done.
* Honourable Mention Player - Dill. I feel bad for how your round turned out, you have good intent, honourable attitude, crazy loyalty. Yet somehow you ALWAYS get ****ed over :'(
* Worst Player - Mr.J/DVS/Multis/Any others in this vein.
* Best Moment of Round - I didn't really have one to be honest, was a bit boring for me, didn't enjoy my route.
* Worst Moment of Round - Dieing to SAS, one of the 12 times I did. Can't pick which in particular.

<3 to everyone. Lets be happy :)

redlion

Pruner
1. Your defence never got decent we just stopped hitting you.
2. You got to rank 2 because 1 alliance disbanded (with you taking some of their players) and the other [alliance] you 2 v 1'ed out of the game.
3. Previous to that we had landing with only 2/3 of us sending per day
4. Terrible terrible terrible alliance across the round.
1. As if you are the only ones capable of attacking. Closeminded, egocentric.

2. We got to rank 2 because the three r3-4 alliances hit r1. Everyone took a few players from Mada. That much is fact.

And the other alliance? I'll assume you mean Discworld (because trans doesn't exist, right?), and say that I didn't have anything to do with any anap. If we both hit you at the same time, tough? Sometimes that can happen naturally. Also - intel leads to spontaneous attacks. Even without knowing ahead of time this **** happens. Gotta love it really, it's what makes the game interesting. You guys really do have a reputation for *****ing, and it's rather strenuous.

3. This may have been true for us during some periods. But you're being really one sided in the discussion. I mean I think it's fair to say that every alliance had some poor defense at points. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen such shift in the rankings. To say it was because of one particular attack where you had incoming from two alliances is poor sport.

4. You're rather judgmental. I prefer not to call names.

Twigley said:
Also, im fairly sure we discussed this on IRC. You stopped replying to this thread and f5'ed a whole lot before writing a reply hours later?

[Insert meme here]
Really? You don't know me and your assumption is insulting.

[Because you asked:] Ain't nobody got time for that.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

apologies to asmo's request, but i do want to leave this point here. your problem redlion is that you are extrapolating meaning from what twigley actually said.

until you realize that, your bad logic and circular reasoning remains.

redlion

Pruner

apologies to asmo's request, but i do want to leave this point here. your problem redlion is that you are extrapolating meaning from what twigley actually said.

And what, pray tell, did Twigley actually say with this sentence "Your defence never got decent we just stopped hitting you." Because to me that sounds like the only defense that counts is defense against Discworld.

Do you even know what circular logic is? I'm eager for you to be specific. PM me if you like.

I don't think you've grasped extrapolation either. Extrapolation refers to making approximations about a full data set based on trends from a subset. It's usually used in the context of statistics, not guessing what someone meant on a forum.

You're referring not to extrapolation, but to what philosophers of language call the problem of translation or the indeterminacy of translation. Translation occurs not only between different languages, but also between speakers of the same language. Words exist only so long as they're useful in communication. Speakers' intentions for the content of the message are only conveyed so long as the body of words that are used can accurately portray the content of the message to the audience. There are many possible ways to interpret a given sentence, and it is possible that more than one correct interpretation exists.
(more info for the interested: link)

Last edited:

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Extrapolate; Synonyms: anticipate , assume , conclude , deduce , envision , figure , foresee , foretell, guess , hypothesize, make an educated guess, predict

a couple of those verbs may be more accurate to transmit exact meaning of >>>your problem redlion is that you are extrapolating meaning from what twigley actually said. <<< and a hell of a lot easier to spell :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
And the other alliance? I'll assume you mean Discworld (because trans doesn't exist, right?), and say that I didn't have anything to do with any anap. If we both hit you at the same time, tough? Sometimes that can happen naturally. Also - intel leads to spontaneous attacks. Even without knowing ahead of time this **** happens. Gotta love it really, it's what makes the game interesting. You guys really do have a reputation for *****ing, and it's rather strenuous.

This stood out from the other bull**** you have been saying.

If this is your excuse for both you and Trans hitting DW, that is a **** one.

You both hit us at the same time? Sure, would have been believeable if you were ETA 5 and they was Att for 3 or something. But when you're ETA3 and so are they, that isn't 'naturally'. That is a planned attack, easily. Your lame excuse just reflects on who you are.

You can't fault DW this round at all. Why? Let me tell you:

1. They took the least Mada members, well, I was the only one. Between WW and Trans, it was a race as to who could get the most, thats why you both took like 3/4. It was quite amusing to watch both of you jump at the chance.

2. You got to rank2 by the disband of Mada, and massing DW with Trans, no other way about it. If Mada didnt disband, we would have still won. But I feel me leaving due to good reasons, everyone else followed. Then, when everything died down a bit, you and Trans massed us. You can't say it happened naturally, because you both sent on the same day, and at the same time. Coincidence?

3. DW led the resistance, and everyone knows that. Twigley approached Trans/WW, and trying to get momentum leading. WW didnt lead it, and Trans didnt lead it. WW actually had like 3/4 members willing to send at one point, LOLOLOL.

4. DW, other than VS, was the only outstanding alliance. They normally are. IMO, they should have been rank 1/2. You deserved to be behind VS. You played a ****ing awful round. Why? 1/2 masses from Mada and you disband? You get back together, and become Trans' *****. Plus, your leader agreed to an A-NAP. Sure shes new, and I dont fault her for that, but if your alliance cared, you would have spoken up about it, but I can bet £100 you didn't?

WW for worst alliance EVAH.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

And what, pray tell, did Twigley actually say with this sentence "Your defence never got decent we just stopped hitting you." Because to me that sounds like the only defense that counts is defense against Discworld.

Do you even know what circular logic is? I'm eager for you to be specific. PM me if you like.

I don't think you've grasped extrapolation either. Extrapolation refers to making approximations about a full data set based on trends from a subset. It's usually used in the context of statistics, not guessing what someone meant on a forum.

You're referring not to extrapolation, but to what philosophers of language call the problem of translation or the indeterminacy of translation. Translation occurs not only between different languages, but also between speakers of the same language. Words exist only so long as they're useful in communication. Speakers' intentions for the content of the message are only conveyed so long as the body of words that are used can accurately portray the content of the message to the audience. There are many possible ways to interpret a given sentence, and it is possible that more than one correct interpretation exists.
(more info for the interested: link)

You have demonstrated an ability to google, but not an ability to think critically. Next please!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You have demonstrated an ability to google, but not an ability to think critically. Next please!

Since he is so exubaciously demonstrating the humungdacity of his wordacularity, I shall transformalate the usual pleasantry to make it comprestandable:

Mammaries or perambulate to an exit of your choosing.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener

Since he is so exubaciously demonstrating the humungdacity of his wordacularity, I shall transformalate the usual pleasantry to make it comprestandable:

One of the best things I've ever seen. Genuine LOL.

Leah

Pruner

Best way to finish this thread imo :D

I'm very much with redlion in all this, but toby you just won the internet. debate over.

Status
Not open for further replies.