Nostalgia?

Souls

Official Helper
Re: Nostalgia?

I say bring back base bounty. Increase bounty as according to the current Enemies list (Once it's fixed, ofc. I just have a bunch of zeros.) In addition to the current alliance war plans, add "Alliance Bounty", a bounty given for declaring war on them, and have it fixed according to how much bigger/smaller than you they are.

CFalcon

Official Helper

Polo said:
Good riddance, imo.

Well said. Bounty hunting only encouraged LET rushes, which maybe fun for some pro's at the top, but which really does nothing to make lower activity people want to keep playing.
And experience was unbalanced. The number of complaints about it last round.... and now it's wanted back?

Injuries is by far the best change to the game I've seen, since I started in round 9. It gets some grumbles from the top (*boo, we can't stay up all night and wipe weeks of someone's work boooo*), but for keeping people lower down the ranks in the game it's perfect.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

This isn't a gripe *against* injuries at all, some seem to have misread that somewhere. Bounty and Injury can very well go to together. :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

@ Falcon

I think you are looking back at how it was BH before and wrongly think that's exactly how it will be now with the latest changes. Let rushes ? Sure, a good way to pass an alliance defence while attacking lawfully. Bounty for unlawfull attacking it's often too low so high eta attacks or mass attacks rarely are succesfull bounty missions against allied players.
But in the current age(half age) you'll get plenty of your troops back if you are the target, while the very unlawfull players will be hunted down. Atm there is little incentive to attack above you. Or if you hit the desiread land amount there is no incentive to attack at all. Why would you want to make an enemy in higher ranks if the game it's so much about land and brute force atm ?
I don't know .. for me it must be a bit of excitement in the game so i feel i enjoy playing. The game has changed imo and took the joy and excitement away of a good attack, a succesfull resistance hit, a long awaited bounty and in return you can't get too upset either since one attack or defence went badly.
So it's rather booring imo but hopefully i'm one of the few :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

really what we need is not a cry to bring back stuff...

obviously it lent itself to abusable game play and the ability to fund yourself in ways that were unintentional.

if you want certain items 'back' per se... then instead of gripes or 'seemingly' useless discussions, I challenge each of you that say bring it 'back' to make your own thread or collaborate together as a group and put forth a serious well thought out approach in suggestions.

Some already have, but that was before things were implemented. Most importantly is that there are other changes that Azzer hasn't finished with yet. All current concerns and gripes are valid but only up to a point. Without seeing the final package - suggested tweaks or calls to revert are well poorly timed.

Azzer may have some personal issues cropping up right now or is trouble having the code work the way he wants. We have to trust in the creator, fans of or no, and let the work in progress play out before any real intelligent discourse can occur.

ViVi

Pruner

I fail to see the correlation between injuries and bounty hunting. My desire is only to have it how it was, rather than restricted to this 'enemy' list.

It doesn't prohibit a mutual coexistance.

KitKat

Digger

Lol I'd like an incentive to hit bigger people =P Else i'd just find a smallish alliance and attack anyone in that alliance that's like 30-40% of me and they can't do anything about it =D Which is not really a challenge for me, not very fun for them. If I attack someone bigger and lose a lot of troops though, since i'm solo (not even pure solo) i'd just get land raped for 3 hours till my units came back =( So I dunno. Ups and downs! Especially since I get a crap injury return even if I attack someone bigger just cos i'm attacking.

Chewie

Pruner

i want bounty hunting back atm. but i only think its because the injury system is new and i dont think it quite works right yet. It's a lot nicer for me as i play inactively so when you die a lot you always have harvs when you woke up (unless you have died recently). But i can see why active people get annoyed with it.

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Damn Azzer, just give them Bounty hunting back so they can all remove their Bounty siggy's. Quite annoying imo :p

I wishz I could steel al ur sigZ!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hello :p

Bounty Hunting can not come back without L/F coming back as it was. As many of you may remember from many conversations in IRC in the last couple of months, bounty hunting was one thing I REALLY did not want to remove BUT L/F was... and L/F removal was prioritised over the keeping of BH.

I assure you - I too personally ADORED bounty hunting - and that's the reason I really made my best stab at maintaining some form of it still.

What you need to do is work on suggestions for the current enemies system (and extensions of relating to bounty levels elsewhere, alliance enemies perhaps is an option once alliance enemy lists are brought in if nobody minds alliance member lists being "given away" because of bounty levels on those members).... but simply asking for the old system back is an impossibility without bringing the old L/F system back - and I assure you that won't be happening any time soon.

Anyway, get those creative brains in gear, I loved bounty as much as the next person so am open to good workable suggestions for Age 4.5 :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

The game totaly lacks the jackpot element atm. You can't die too much, you can't kill too much, you can't gain too much. Don't know about others but i don't want to play a game that doesn't get me strong feelings and it's rather dull.
Even with the high injuries BH could bring this element back, or if you can think of something else that it's achiaveble by all that could work aswell :) Just that imo farming + excitement both where well controled by l/f + BH.
It doesn't bother everybody having a smaller land gain and reduced injuries, so they can do whatever they want and push the newbies/inactives out of the game. Puppets for example give no injuries to their targets, don't need high amounts of land, are unlikely to get attacked once they bribe plenty good units, so they only get reduced injuries in attacks. However last round they got nothing so it's actually even better for them getting injuries and not beeing flaged as a good BH target. Or repeated pom flaking of same target or just INN flak as flaking it's much more powerfull with the injuries atm.

Davis

Tree Surgeon

I for one must say I like the recent changes, although I do agree that the Enemies system needs a big change, since at the moment all of my "enemies" are routes i stand no chance against and it just kind of ruins it for me. But even when there was bounty there was a rarity that i had a good bountyable target unless i was doing very good and had a high rank it just seemed that it was either, Suicide for bounty. or be active and high ranked.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

DarkSider said:
The game totaly lacks the jackpot element atm. You can't die too much, you can't kill too much, you can't gain too much. Don't know about others but i don't want to play a game that doesn't get me strong feelings and it's rather dull.
I totally agree, you hit the jackpot with this. No 'thrill' left, or at least, not enough compared to age 4.

Davis said:
I for one must say I like the recent changes, although I do agree that the Enemies system needs a big change, since at the moment all of my "enemies" are routes i stand no chance against and it just kind of ruins it for me.

Although I agree that the 'Enemies' system isn't working too shabby at the moment, people should understand that it isn't a card to a free kill, bounty money and grab. Yes, most of those on there will be high ranked and a route you're not (very) strong against. However, alliances may fall, players die, and the round is very long. Check up after a couple of weeks and the perfect target might be on your list. Also, with any route you can take out your anti-route (use a certain setup, get friend to help, etc), especially if there's a 75% bounty.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Maxi said:
DarkSider said:
I totally agree, you hit the jackpot with this. No 'thrill' left, or at least, not enough compared to age 4.

Yeah, there's not been one moment this round yet when i wanted to yell YHHHAAAAAAA !! It feels like playing poker with no stakes .. "for fun".

Haplo

Planter

DarkSider said:
Even with the high injuries BH could bring this element back, or if you can think of something else that it's achiaveble by all that could work aswell :) Just that imo farming + excitement both where well controled by l/f + BH.
It doesn't bother everybody having a smaller land gain and reduced injuries, so they can do whatever they want and push the newbies/inactives out of the game. Puppets for example give no injuries to their targets, don't need high amounts of land, are unlikely to get attacked once they bribe plenty good units, so they only get reduced injuries in attacks. However last round they got nothing so it's actually even better for them getting injuries and not beeing flaged as a good BH target. Or repeated pom flaking of same target or just INN flak as flaking it's much more powerfull with the injuries atm.

*Shhh* no need to tell everyone about us puppetmasters :p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

DarkSider said:
Maxi said:
DarkSider said:

Yeah, there's not been one moment this round yet when i wanted to yell YHHHAAAAAAA !! It feels like playing poker with no stakes .. "for fun".

My cousins and I used to play with pennies we dug out of my granny's change jar. But after like age 15 or so even that ceased to be fun.

You totally hit it..

hit it again ;)

SadYear

Pruner

Azzer said:
but simply asking for the old system back is an impossibility without bringing the old L/F system back - and I assure you that won't be happening any time soon.

Anyway, get those creative brains in gear, I loved bounty as much as the next person so am open to good workable suggestions for Age 4.5 :)

:|

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Garrett said:
and as clem pointed out - without bounty hunting there are way less LET rushes as there is not incentive to do so.

we go back to the way they were and every retard will start griping and crying again about how your route is unfair because of jeeps/gargs/harriers/wtf else and your ally can't protect you.

Best post in this thread.

PS. Darknoobster's sig sux.

Franny

Head Gardener

Seems ive got the wrong thread, Apologies, But on topic, Vamps are not overpowered.