Nostalgia?

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Two things I really miss: Experience and Bounty Hunting. Especially the latter one was a big 'source' of fun for me, removing it really took away some motivation to attack. The 10-second thrill you'd get when gaining profit on a big target, priceless. Am I the only one who feels this way? :|

Edit: Btw - 'Enemies' just won't cut it. Bit 'faulty' still if you ask me!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Nostalgia?

I never thought i'd say this, i wasn't a big bounty hunter before, but it seems that i do miss the option :(.

Enemies definitely doesn't cut it until it's further refined and turned into a reasonably able system from which everyone can profit, regardless of route victimization (which is *impossible* imo ;))

Bottom line: I miss Bounty Hunting.

Koeniej

Harvester

i miss bounty hunting very much! it was one of my favorite things in the game..
what am i gonna do with my TL's now.. :(

Alvestein

Garden Designer

i totally agree with you. me being one of the people who suicides alot, the seeing of experience made it that little bit more satisfying.

the new bounty system is too hard imo and was much more fun and casual before. bring it back :(

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Good riddance, imo.

SadYear

Pruner

Maxi said:
Two things I really miss: Experience and Bounty Hunting. Especially the latter one was a big 'source' of fun for me, removing it really took away some motivation to attack. The 10-second thrill you'd get when gaining profit on a big target, priceless. Am I the only one who feels this way? :|

Edit: Btw - 'Enemies' just won't cut it. Bit 'faulty' still if you ask me!

The XP was nice since it could slightly alter the outcome of a battle. Meant less calculations with ratios... and more trying/testing out in battles. I can live without it though.

As for the Bounty Hunting part, I can only agree with you. I played my first non-PoMs route last round, went for SAs, and God, how fun it was claiming Bounties ! :D I wouldn't have expected myself to enjoy it that much, but killing for money was definitely something I liked. I miss BH nowadays.

And I'd like to add, I'm longing for the return of L/F too. Effectiveness just isn't of enough (if any to me) interest. I couldn't care less about it. I gain Eff ? Wah, I'm bored. I lose some ? Like I care. Doesn't change a thing for me ingame. I don't even care about hitting people 70%+ than me since the injury rates are poor anyway. So I might as well take easy acres eh ? (Kills just aren't interesting anymore, read the BH related part above).

Enough with Beta R25. Bring back R24.

CLem

Head Gardener

Well good thing is that they are less LET rushing now and more full nights of sleep for some alliance players :) Being a solo I do miss bounty, if there is a base bounty then I will be happy to attack for kills again :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Imo the enemy system needs a total change.
And a few tweaks here and there need to be made...

Then all wil be good :D

I LOVE the injury system idea.
Just tweaks to be made.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Well i feel absolutely same about BH and exp but didn't want to open this topic myself.
I started this round with a quite inactive ranger account, slowly developing hoping once i get strong lethals i can get some fun with them. Never happened. I started my harriers about 20 days in, killed a few SO's with my rangers, killed a few robots with emp + harrier and after the first test BR's to see how well my route performs i felt no need to attack anymore :( Didn't need more land as poms already kept me thin enough, didn't see why i should kill some random foo because that would only mean loosing troops with no gains. There was no joy in fighting, not that excitement of hunting a big bounty for days and finally getting it :( Even in an alliance war if you manage to pass defences with a briliant attack you just get upset you lost some units without gaining much while the target gets 70-80% troops back even if you zero him. So after i finally finished my tech and seeing there's no fun here .. i deleted :eek: If you don't play for mass land and valuation the game is no fun !
Injuries are cool, but imo l/f, BH and exp really made the game more interesting. Now i see beasteh sending on same target 9 times in 2 days getting that guy so sick that he treats him to report to Azzer for farming.

Imo the enemy list should only give bounty on another alliance and not to be for personal revenge. Change a bit the mechanics to increase the bounty if needed, not sure that list with moving slots it's the best ideea.
And on top of that i'd love to see back l/f, BH old way and exp :D

ViVi

Pruner

My best round was a bounty hunting round. Without it, a lot of the fun is gone from the game for me. I don't see why it was removed, really. It didn't detract from the game and encouraged greater conflict especially against the top.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

I miss them 2 :(
Bounty hunting was an incentive to attack and attack lots...
Now the injury system is more of an incentive to defend and not attack as much.
You hit somebody, and know they will get more injuries than you quite significantly...
You want to get revenge and zero somebody you can't no more it's just not possible...
No exp means you can calculate pretty much exactly what will happen in the battle which means flakking is a hell of alot easier...

England had it's Dark Age well I believe Bushtarion is following it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

tweaks may be needed but the other changes haven't happened yet

enemies not working out quit as well as I hoped.

injury almost there, but is buggy.

and as clem pointed out - without bounty hunting there are way less LET rushes as there is not incentive to do so.

we go back to the way they were and every retard will start griping and crying again about how your route is unfair because of jeeps/gargs/harriers/wtf else and your ally can't protect you.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

If we don't agree with you that doesn't make us retards.
And second, we don't go "back" because with this kind of injuries it is a possible gain for the bounty hunter without a huge loss for the target.
The only thing i got back with the new changes is the repeat attack with no limits as i cba asking for new hacks or loosing flak going blind. If l/f was still in place i wouldn't do it, but smaller injuries and land grabs are not a problem in my current situation.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

I never said agree with me or you are a retard. I admit i need to reword, but honestly. I said if we went back everyone WOULD cry. you don't want to go back then it doesn't apply. shall we go back to the old forums and link every post about LET rushes?

nostalgia is fine, but we gots to keep moving forward.

darksider i'm holding my hand up. now, start running into it repeatedly.

thanks.

p.s. I did edit it for clarification. /me shoots your horse.

fatalforcex

Weeder

Yeah I miss BH and L/f aswell.
They were great incentives for attacking. Even the 10% base bounty was worth it ;)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

bounty system and injuries cant come back to the same degree. because you may continuly attack some one solo for easy kils he gets back 85% of his troops you can go again in 3days once ar is low enough.

i did like getting cash for kills. but for me it was never a big incentive due to the route i was. so i cant say i miss it as much as others. but base bounty was fun.

maybe you could introduce a high base bounty on everyone but only collectable by attacking 70% or above of gov value. I have given this no through thought. just stuck it out there.
At least that way some one after bounty has a good incentive. even lets say about 20% base bounty. Incentive enough to attack and try to pwn people 70% of thier score. But not enough to rush a certain route with certain units every few hours.
also not much chance of being able to find a target that is easy to screw over.