Norfolk Dragons

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Life is starting to return to normal for the people in Norfolk for the first time in nearly a century now that regular sightings of "the big scary metal dragons in the sky" have suddenly stopped.

(I laughed when I heard that one)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
OK, i dont know if i get it, but is that due to grounding of aeroplanes due to large volcanic eruptions? There was something to do with some flights over here being grounded due to that reason (i just didnt get the details...)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the joke's more for Brits really, since our news/media has been going on about the grounded airplanes NON-STOP as main headline news every single day since like, last week. Other countries I'm sure have had it in their news, but not to the kind of coverage we've had here in the UK (and some other Euro countries). And not many people outside of the UK will get the "Norfolk" aspect of the joke :p

My own sister's currently stuck out in the Philippines. She was meant to fly back Saturday, and go back to work (English teacher at a boarding school) Monday, but is still stuck out there, unable to get back.

Steve_God

Official Helper
For those outside of the UK, Norfolk is one of those areas of the UK that is considered slightly 'backwards' - mainly due to the lack of anything being there other than lots of farming...
There's often the jokes about Norfolk people having webbed feet and 6 fingers :p

Davs

Garden Designer
For those outside of the UK, Norfolk is one of those areas of the UK that is considered slightly 'backwards' - mainly due to the lack of anything being there other than lots of farming...
There's often the jokes about Norfolk people having webbed feet and 6 fingers :p

inbreeding ftw :p

Charlie_B

Harvester
My family were caught up in it trying to fly back from Vietnam on Friday. They ended up with a complimentary 4 day stay at the Grand Hyatt in Doha and were flown back via Glasgow yesterday. They were pretty chuffed (about the free hotel bit, not having to go to Glasgow) despite missing a few days of work.

Apparently these days, if you shop at Iceland you can get ashback.

Sorry!