Next round's alliance mash-up

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Member, UK, contactable, mobile web, highly active {hours per day varies}

It was this that confused me, not the input about a mass mail.

I agree with the mass mail. only a small % of the player base actually use the forums.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
No effort in organizing something that might not work in the first place doesn't help.

Need an overview message to advertise this, or a mass account mail.
There needs to be a better way of getting the idea out to the masses.

Until it gets put on Overview there's no point, and it has been requested some time ago.

Bengy

Planter
Im in,

GMT +0
Played alot of round, never got very high
will do any route.

penguin

Official Helper
I'm in!
I would like to lead first [more of a FTF alliance :p], but if not, ofc a member!
GMT -4 [Right now, we do daylight savings in the US :/]
Contactable if needed.
Will go any route [pref. not poms :p]
I've been playing since R29, but I am open to learn anything.
IRC active.

Ps. Dax is right, we should get this out so other people in bushtarion can see about it! Great idea.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You kinda sense with a fair few of these responses that this wont work too well.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Atsan, stop speaking jibberish it doesn't make you cool.

Look at the replies in this thread.
This is meant to be an attempt at making some competition for 3 alliances to have a shot at winning.

I am seeing too much "don't have that much time but count me in". The kind of attitude people said that would be seen.
It also doesn't help when nobody wants to lead them.

So far im not sure there is even enough people to fill 1 alliance?

There is no joy to kill i am afraid.

Illumination

Head Gardener
I thought the point of the mash up was to have the leaders each pick a core of 10 or so players and then the remaining spots were to be filled through the sign up list. Perhaps Im old and senile and not understanding things:p

Elevnos

BANNED
I thought the point of the mash up was to have the leaders each pick a core of 10 or so players and then the remaining spots were to be filled through the sign up list. Perhaps Im old and senile and not understanding things:p

I agree, plus a few of the people here could lead if you asked, I don't have too much experience as a leader but could if it was necessary...

Alvestein

Garden Designer
if theres alot of people saying "not much time to play actively but want to play" can't we just split them up between the 3 alliances and split the active ones?

i thoughtt he point of this was to make 3 evenish alliances, not to make 3 super active alliances?

apologies if i misread it.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
We're all up for suggestions of automated alliance, constant complaints about how the same people team up over and over....

How about:

Martin leads an alliance
Twigley leads an alliance
Silence leads an alliance

We all recruit 20 members who we would have in our alliance, as normal. However before round starts we share the 57 names of the other members and we 'scatter' them. We all then take it turns to select one person in our alliance until all 57 names are gone, and we each have 20 people in our alliances.

So when round starts we have the 3 competing alliances on fairly equal playing fields. I would trust anyone else leading in this position to have no spies and to play how it should be played etc.

I personally don't have time to lead so my name above is just an example, but would the top leaders e.g. Changer, Twigley, Silence, Toby etc. be willing to do it?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Exactly ... it's too all in the air.
Don't even know what you're signing up for.