New PC

Podunk

Head Gardener
Shame they skimped so much on a graphics card with how expensive that PC is :(

If you get bad frame rates in your games you will definitely need to replace that.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Shame they skimped so much on a graphics card with how expensive that PC is :(

If you get bad frame rates in your games you will definitely need to replace that.

For all the other positives and boxes it ticks I took it on the basis I may need to upgrade the graphics card at some point.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
And frankly, the card should play pretty much anything. Martin never expected space-bound graphic quality, but he wanted something that is relatively futureproofed.

I delivar.

Happy computing, Martina.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
And frankly, the card should play pretty much anything. Martin never expected space-bound graphic quality, but he wanted something that is relatively futureproofed.

I delivar.

Happy computing, Martina.

Believe it or not I'm not a big gamer so if there's one part I can compromise on, it's the GC. Also from taking apart my old PC (purely for curiosity) I also think the graphics card is probably one of the easiest components to replace anyway?

Steve_God

Official Helper
Looks like a nicely spec'ed package for the cost!
If I wasn't so fussy about my requirements for the PC I've just built, something like that would've been perfect for me - good choice :)

And yeah, replacing the graphics card is a piece of cake as long as it's the same slot type, and you've got enough physical room for it. (Small potential for an extra requirement for power, but that's only normally an issue if you're going from integrated graphics to a dedicated card)

Podunk

Head Gardener
I just hope his games are playable with the gfx card and was merely mentioning that if his games run terribly that's where he'll need to look, everything else is perfectly fine. A lesson I learned when building computer systems is that future-proofing with last years low range card isn't a wise investment is all, just puts you out 60$-80$ and all you get is a laptop video card in your desktop.