Mount & Blade

tomtree

Head Gardener
Re: Mount & Blade

TheNamelessWonder said:
When you level up, invest points in Charisma, and once you have enough stick some in Leadership. Each Charisma lets you have 1 extra person, and each Leadership lets you have 5 extra, but you can only have 1/3 the points in Leadership that you have in Charisma.

thats what i have been doing, but as i said im finding it hard to find battles i can win...

Zach

Planter
Re: Mount & Blade

You could usually win battles where your outnumbered. if not try lowering the battle size limit, this will allow you to fight less of there men at a time. Fighting outnumbered gets you lots of renown too.

Tapeyy

Pruner
ooooh I forgot its mainly us peasants in Africa that get screwed with prices

:soapbox:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't played in months (back in Augustish), but today I was browsing through my bookmarks sorting things out and got caught up checking through the mods forums of Mount & Blade. I've not tried them yet, but there's two in particular that I think are well worth checking out for anyone that's wanting to breathe new life in to it and to start a new game;

"Native Expansion Mod"
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,109.0.html
Looks to be the default game "improved" in loads of ways - tonnes of new troops, lords of a faction you defeat join your own faction & help you (if you are running your own "rebel" faction), spear-men can form "spear-walls" to take down charging cavalry, there's formations (wedge formation, line formation), all sorts - sounds epic, I'm looking forward to starting a new game with this mod in the next few weeks to give it a try. The thread with all the details is here;
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,49800.0.html

And then there's the "Hundred Years War" mod - I remember this mod in the early "pre release" versions of M&B a couple of years ago, it was always the most well-developed mod, and is more like a "total conversion" - new map, new factions, etc. etc. - it sounds to still be as well developed now as it was back then, so definitely worth checking out;
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,57.0.html
Or the specific thread;
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,18518.0.html

Then for further reading, have a browse through the mods which seem to have earned their own forum sections here;
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,63.0.html

Or this list of all "compatible with the latest version" mods thread here, which includes lesser/more minor mods & tweaks (so they don't all warrant their own dedicated sub-forums);
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,41715.0.html

Great way of breathing lots of new life in to the game, seemingly!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Alright, first impression of the game is good, but it lags me A LOT. My machine is quite old (1.6Ghz processor, 512 ram, 128 MB graphics card) but I recently read a comment saying "but watch out i got a 9850 quad core and yes TT~TT i lagg.. "....

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Alright, first impression of the game is good, but it lags me A LOT. My machine is quite old (1.6Ghz processor, 512 ram, 128 MB graphics card) but I recently read a comment saying "but watch out i got a 9850 quad core and yes TT~TT i lagg.. "....

No lag here. Methinks its just your crappy computer :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
To what point have you reached in the game? I am talking about battles of 400+ men on both sides...

Not for my case but for the guy with the guy I quoted.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
The battles can't have that many at any one time though. They only let you have like 30 or so at a time per side, any more than that will have to come in as reinforcements once some have been killed.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The battles can't have that many at any one time though. They only let you have like 30 or so at a time per side, any more than that will have to come in as reinforcements once some have been killed.

Although you can get a "battle size changer", which I used to up it to around 100 per side I think (I remember reading the instructions for it saying the game had genuine problems with more than 100 at once on any computer... memory limitations or something... but some users said they could play with 500 per side fine).

Just check the M&B forums for it, it'll change the core game settings, so the max battle size change will apply to any mods you load.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Hm, after playing this game for 30 hours non-stop I can say that it is quite addictive.

Nothing more satisfying than charging the enemy infantry/archers with your 60 knights.

I currently have 1 castle and 1 village while my kingdom has something like 2 towns, 8 castles 8 villages. My character is level 20 and I have the ruler of my kingdom (lvl 39) with my army :D

I noticed the game has some serious unbalances though. Mounted units are WAY too powerful compared to those who do not have mounts.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I noticed the game has some serious unbalances though. Mounted units are WAY too powerful compared to those who do not have mounts.

That "Native Expansion" mod I posted above supposedly provides a lot more balance (I've not tested it, but I read through the features and it sounded that way) - including "spear like" infantry being able to provide a "spear wall" that seriously damages charging cavalry. You'd have to start a new game to play with that mod, but it might be worth a try out, it certainly has a huge bundle of new features listed!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Aye, I've read through the changes this mod provides even before tryign the game itself. I've always had second thought about mods though, so when I installed the game I decided to play for a while without the mod. I am surely going to start a new game soon with the mod installed once I have time on my hands.

tomtree

Head Gardener
im am downloading both the native, and hundred years mod atm. from reading about them the 100 years mod looks the best, but i was wondering if anyone else has tried them both and which they think is best.

ViVi

Pruner
im am downloading both the native, and hundred years mod atm. from reading about them the 100 years mod looks the best, but i was wondering if anyone else has tried them both and which they think is best.

Haven't tried any mods, but I've completely torn apart native. Have nearly took over the entire world on behalf of the Rhodoks.