Leader

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: Leader

oh, also be prepared that the first time you do it, it will go badly.... it might be good until the last week or the first week, but at some point, it will go tits up.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

I don't see how anyone can say practice doesn't help. Yes you start out with raw skills. You must have the raw skills because leadership can't be taught. However, it can be refined.

If you think practice doesn't help make a good leader then you are a flippin looney. That's fact, not flame.

Reub

Pruner

Garrett said:
I don't see how anyone can say practice doesn't help. Yes you start out with raw skills. You must have the raw skills because leadership can't be taught. However, it can be refined.

If you think practice doesn't help make a good leader then you are a flippin looney. That's fact, not flame.
Agreed. Practice with nearly anything will help you to improve.

For instance, if a player leads for his/her first time, they may be unfamiliar with how politics work in the community when your a leader.. as they play a big part etc.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Nobody said practice doesn't help, Garrett. I said it's not a requirement for a good leader.

Charlie_B

Harvester

Bobbin said:
BlackWolf said:
To topic i agree with Darksider leaders are not made of experience, either you have what it takes to lead or you dont. Some persons couldnt ever be leaders no matter how hard they would practice and some would be good ones even at first try. Its more about personality and "talent" than anything else.

Like me... I tried to lead a Wing once (Angela and Kuda made me do it!)

Oh yeah, and i sucked at it :p

I wouldn't say it was your personality or talent that let you down, more the fact you were always offline :p

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Charlie_B said:
Bobbin said:
BlackWolf said:
To topic i agree with Darksider leaders are not made of experience, either you have what it takes to lead or you dont. Some persons couldnt ever be leaders no matter how hard they would practice and some would be good ones even at first try. Its more about personality and "talent" than anything else.

Like me... I tried to lead a Wing once (Angela and Kuda made me do it!)

Oh yeah, and i sucked at it :p

I wouldn't say it was your personality or talent that let you down, more the fact you were always offline :p

... I was not, was one of the most active in the wing!!

Well, apart from working, which i did used to do alot more than i do now :p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

Martin said:
oh, also be prepared that the first time you do it, it will go badly.... it might be good until the last week or the first week, but at some point, it will go tits up.

Thank you for that, Now I'm scared =P

:shock:

Nitrous

Head Gardener

Thanks ladies and gents for the ideas(/arguments) :p, I'll bare them in mind :D

Podunk

Head Gardener

Some qualities a good leader should have... Perseverance, High level of dedication, ability to communicate with all their members and have all members respect when it comes to large decisions for the ally. Always helps to have your entire alliance trust your decisions as a leader, it's when they start to doubt their leader that an alliance starts to crumble and big internal conflicts arise.

Also a note for a leader, make sure your group can work well together and have a sense of teamwork in all aspects. Think not of yourself but think of your ally as a whole.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

The leader that seems to have worked this round best has done his best to stay out of any fights possible... bum licked who evers winning then attacked them when they have tonnes more support.

Well done twigley for potentially winning a war game by staying outta as many wars as possible ;)

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Cheese said:
The leader that seems to have worked this round best has done his best to stay out of any fights possible... bum licked who evers winning then attacked them when they have tonnes more support.

Well done twigley for potentially winning a war game by staying outta as many wars as possible ;)

Many rounds have been won by politics instead of fighting, just as many wars have been won in r/l by similar methods.

If its effective is my only benchmark with tactics im not a big one for honour or others opinions so if Lude do win then why the hell not :) (btw im sooooooooooo not in Interlude)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Sitations from Art of War by Sun Tzu

1. In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, its better to capture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture regiment, a detachment or a company entire than destroy them.

2. Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

6. Therefore the skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting; he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field.

7. With his forces intact he will dispute the mastery of the Empire, and thus, without losing a man, his triumph will be complete.
This is the method of attacking by strategem.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Melnibone said:
Cheese said:

Many rounds have been won by politics instead of fighting, just as many wars have been won in r/l by similar methods.

If its effective is my only benchmark with tactics im not a big one for honour or others opinions so if Lude do win then why the hell not :) (btw im sooooooooooo not in Interlude)
I wasn't been sarcastic mate, I was being serious that this round doing bugger all but lick others bumholes has been the most successful.
Think it may be the way forward with injuries :p

Franny

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
Franny said:
Man that was short one... But darryl doesnt have short... beasides his good in bed and likes to do all kind of dirty stuff... what else you could need from leader?

More Cal's fault thats why i said Darryl and not Cal, and besdies i had a blast in hulla and we got waved non stop.