Leader

Lukey

Harvester
Re: Leader

BlackWolf said:
Even if you dont agree with actions of certain players please dont ruin good thread with whining about it. You can always go and make new post to gripes if you have something to say. Thank you.

Im giving an example of a leader.

CrazyMonkey

Planter

Good leader is made of maniac, idiotism, insanity and skill.

Who said i was a leader? o_O

A Good Leader has

Activity
Skill
He can organize Defense and Attacks
Communication
Has a patience (to organize defense with people saying "OMG!!!! Mass Stealth Attacks, Which one is real?"
Experience

Angela

Harvester

BlackWolf said:
Good leader is made of maniac, idiotism, insanity and skill.

^^ i agree

PS. I dont really think the skill in bushtarion makes a good leader, communication, organisation, making decisions and knowing when to let someone else make the decision are all skills.

ViVi

Pruner

Communication and the ability to diffuse explosive situations. Then you need two people you can trust to fulfill their officer positions.

Chewie

Pruner

has to be a discolegend and not care what the alliance does.

in all fairness a good leader is what you want them to be. I dont want to be in an active cut-throat alliance so imo people like Davs are good leaders e.g. in Discolegends.

Welshie

Harvester

You need:

Knowledge of the game.
Activity.
Respect of your members.
Able to make decisions and fast.
Able to motivate people.
Patience.
To know and understand your members. Otherwise you will never sort out the politics.
Knowledge of your goals and able to motivate ally to those goals.

I think that's a good start.. most important one is respect of your members. Those guys have got to be ready to do what you tell them even if they think it will get them killed cos you don't have time to explain what you are doing.

And one more thing - you gotta be able to apologise when you **** up. Cos you will. "There's always next round" ;)

Illumination

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
I think i can shorten Welshies last part to one sentence:
If you tell your members to jump they shouldnt ask you why, but how high!
;)

I agree. However, there are different ways of obtaining that unquestioned following that you and Welshie refer to- intimidation and earned respect/trust are two such ways. Id follow the later to certain doom (and have a hell of time while doing so!!) yet you would never see me play under the leadership of someone that needs fear to motivate.

(and when things had settled on the battlefront, anyone that knows me knows that I would be saying "So, tell me why...."

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Practice isn't needed to be a good leader. There are plenty players that never lead but would be much better than many of those that lead before :)

And about the fear part - I think a mixture of fear and kindness is better. Plenty fluffy leaders are too soft and the sheeps without a ferm shepherd loose their confidence in the group and follow the path they decide it's better for them. Whip them in such way they'll smile and get back in line !
*Spanks Sarah* :D

Illumination

Head Gardener

lol *hangs head in shame* - I thought it was a picture of a baby :roll:

And you dont have to use fear to keep people working well together...not if you are a truly talented leader that is- but yes, I can see how the likes of you would need to invoke terror to get the group obeying :p J/K!!!

Bobbin

Head Gardener

I don't really go in for a single leader. More of a Team.

Oh, and their name should be Angela/Kuda/Drak and they should care what i think and let me die as much as i like...

Thats the perfect leader :D

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Since i have never played with you illumination i wonder how you know so much about me and leading style of mine. Or your referring to something you have heard from some 3rd party and believed without even bothering to find out? huh. What that tells of you? ;)

To topic i agree with Darksider leaders are not made of experience, either you have what it takes to lead or you dont. Some persons couldnt ever be leaders no matter how hard they would practice and some would be good ones even at first try. Its more about personality and "talent" than anything else.

Illumination

Head Gardener

Blackwolf, please show me where I called you any particular type of leader...Im quite certain that I did not ;)
I did quote you, perhaps that is what has confused you so?- or maybe you hear "rule by fear" and you naturally pop into your own head? I dont know, but I do know that you interpretted my words with your own meaning...how artistic of you:)

A good leader has to have his/her people believing in them, trusting them - so that the job gets done when needed. I simply believe that there are different ways of obtaining that "obedience" (not finding a better word). One way is through creating a fear in your people (think of the bad king that threatens his peasants' life if they disagree with him) and another way would be through earned respect and trust (think of the king that lives among the people and has earned their undying loyalty because of the way he supports his kingdom). Im sure that there are better ways to become "mother duck" and keep all your little ducklings in a row, those are just two ways and I think that one is truly better than the other:)

Bobbin

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
To topic i agree with Darksider leaders are not made of experience, either you have what it takes to lead or you dont. Some persons couldnt ever be leaders no matter how hard they would practice and some would be good ones even at first try. Its more about personality and "talent" than anything else.

Like me... I tried to lead a Wing once (Angela and Kuda made me do it!)

Oh yeah, and i sucked at it :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Illu i think if you go and read your post it gives clear between lines message of certain type and it has certain "tone" in it even if you dont clearly state so. Please if you want to hide subliminal messages to your posts at least try bit harder or you can bring your blames against persons to PM first.
If i say that iv seen really good leaders like Welshie and Angela withch latter i would follow to any round as loyally as anyone, seeing that some people are betrayers of what they did in past and as such i couldnt ever keep them real leaders. Wouldnt you take that as message to Welshie? I certainly would.
Tho i would have liked to play with both of them in reality but that was my example to you.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

im sure by now in this stage of the round (third way in?) nitros who posed the question has had enough experience leading. and enough views of what works to test them out. and see which he likes personally as a leader.

NB.
and to be honest you bunch of squabblers, the proof is in the pudding. those who lead. and succeeded(not nesscarily in rank but in achieving what the allaince wanted to achieve) have all given some input, and if it worked it worked. no matter what any one else said. if they achieved what the alliance wanted to achieve whether it was a fun round or a high score or both, then those people know if they succeeded or failed.

Nitrous

Head Gardener

willymchilybily said:
im sure by now in this stage of the round (third way in?) nitros who posed the question has had enough experience leading. and enough views of what works to test them out. and see which he likes personally as a leader.

Im not leading lol :D
Well not this round :p
I was just curious :D