Honourable Attacks

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sorry guys, I'm being lazy.

When you hit an individual, what percentage of alliance score gets added on to their's to see if your attack is honourable?

Steve_God

Official Helper
Sorry to piggy onto your thread Martin, but considering I was going to use the same title for a thread of my own, I figured I'd use the same one :p

Simple question, but I'm expecting some complicated answers.
What ways are there to maximise honour gains?

I can consistently get 29-33 honour per tick from hitting in my 70%-100% range (unless I don't kill anything ofc) or around 36-40 per tick where I killed more in overwhelming numbers where the opponents targeted mainly health where I was mainly armour.

However, are there any reliable ways to get higher honour gains?
In my memory I remember something about sending geos on attacks too, however I'm not sure if that was to do with gaining bounty rather than honour.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Sorry to piggy onto your thread Martin, but considering I was going to use the same title for a thread of my own, I figured I'd use the same one :p

Simple question, but I'm expecting some complicated answers.
What ways are there to maximise honour gains?

I can consistently get 29-33 honour per tick (unless they send out...) or around 36-40 per tick where I killed more in overwhelming numbers where the opponents targeted mainly health where I was mainly armour.

However, are there any reliable ways to get higher honour gains?
In my memory I remember something about sending geos on attacks too, however I'm not sure if that was to do with gaining bounty rather than honour.

It also affects H/F by sending Geos, my friend!

Max

Garden Designer
1 ) Send as much of your army as possible.

* If you only send half your army, the honour gain you claim is halved. E.g. sending half your lethals and doing well against an honourable target will normally gain you 15 honour per tick rather than 30 honour per tick.

2 ) Send eta 5.

* Honour gains are reduced for smaller etas. Eta 4 sends are pretty indistinguishable from eta 5, but eta 3 and lower is pretty obvious.

3 ) Send geos.

* You are rewarded for attempts to steal land, kinda ties in with the eta 5 rule.

4 ) Send more than just one unit type.

* Mixing up the different units you send is favourable for h/f, and reduces gains from rushing pure harriers for example.

5 ) Send at targets with a greater score than your own.

* Not sure of exact numbers, but as a PoM I gain around 15 honour a tick at 70%, 30 honour a tick at 100% and around 35-40 honour a tick at 130%

6 ) Make sure your target is being defended.

* H/F is based on combined score of all the defenders present on your tick, plus 3% of the alliance score.

7 ) Make sure your target has a bounty, and is themselves dishonourable.

* Designed again as a deterrent for those with bounties that the government HQ doesn't like very much.

8 ) Win the battle!

* Kinda obvious, but if you don't win, you don't gain AS MUCH honour. You can still gain a fair bit by suiciding honourably if you fire, but not as much. This applies more to fame, but to honour as well (I think).

9 ) Defend against insurmountable odds

* If you are defending a MASSIVE incoming, and you fire first, even if you only have 10 units you will gain a massive honour boost (~40 honour).

10 ) Don't hit the same target twice within a 24 hour window.

* Otherwise, even if you succeed in all of the above fronts, you'll lose honour for repeat attacking. It's fine if on the previous occasion you recalled on attf3, but if you engaged in a tick of battle (even if no blood is drawn and nothing fires) then be sure to wait a day.

Hope that helps, I'll let you know if I think of any more. Obviously, you can apply lots of these factors into "Biggest Bounty Gains" and "Biggest Fame Gains" as well, it's all part of the "Fairness" calculator.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Max sums it up to perfection.

Just a small addition - If you send at someone and they send out but you stay for a tick and then recall, it counts as a send. If you resend on them that day it will count as a repeat attack. Also, the 24 hour period increases if you hit someone repeatedly. So if you hit them once, and then hit them 24 hours later, you will have a longer "cooling-off" period before you can honourably hit them again. The maximum is around 2 weeks iirc.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Cheers Max!
I knew most of them, although a few have clarified some of the areas I suspected but wasn't really sure on.

Although, I've got a few follow-up questions on some areas :p

1 ) Send as much of your army as possible.

* If you only send half your army, the honour gain you claim is halved. E.g. sending half your lethals and doing well against an honourable target will normally gain you 15 honour per tick rather than 30 honour per tick.
Does the % of troops take into account units like WW/WK? (Eg, if I killed off my WK/WW (as I can't send them on an attack) would that help give a higher % of troops sent, and therefore a higher honour gain?

3 ) Send geos.

* You are rewarded for attempts to steal land, kinda ties in with the eta 5 rule.
Is there a minimum number needed to sent? 5k? 20k? etc... and is flak needed to be sent with it too?

4 ) Send more than just one unit type.

* Mixing up the different units you send is favourable for h/f, and reduces gains from rushing pure harriers for example.
Is it simply '2 or more' unit types, or does it increase with the more different types of units that are present? (Eg, would I get more if I included hippys/yobs/Shields/CDs in a mob, rather than just massing CWs and TDs?)

Max

Garden Designer
1) The % of troops refers to "troop score" rather than sheer quantity, sorry for the confusion. Since WW/WK troop SCORE is negligible, it won't have an impact.

2) I don't think there is a minimum number, as far as I am aware 1 geo will suffice.

3) Again, not certain, but if you are sending CWs, TDs and Geos, that's 3 already and there's probably no difference between that and sending SDs as well. However, just sending CWs and 1 geo alone might give slightly less... not sure on this one.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Awesome! :)

Now I just have to hope that Phobis goes on holiday for a week or so to stand a chance of making any gains on him :p lol