Having a few problems...

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
Right, I've just came online this morning and logged into my account.
Nothing different with the way I've logged in, always been the same, except this same, when I log in I get the message
Anonymous Proxy Detected! Your personal weekly cookie allowance is now at 0, and your account is now cookie locked. You will be unable to use any world 1 ID on your account.
Please ensure you disable/remove any proxy software or settings before you log on again. Your cookie allowance will reset to 10 on the tick following Thu 01st Jan, 1970. 00:00:00.

The page will not stop refreshing itself either, every page in-game auto refreshes itself, I have no auto-refresher installed, nor do I have any other new software or changed setting, and I def did not login via a proxy.

I should also point out that when I hit the 'stop' button for my browser I can change the page and access all in-game pages which suggest that I am infact NOT cookie locked. Although I'm not going to keep going to a page and hit stop all the time just to try and get somewhere.

I'm using the ubuntu live CD like I always have, as this is the only way I can get this laptop to work (Yeah, I need to get a new one!)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Abreu

Pruner
Your cookie allowance will reset to 10 on the tick following Thu 01st Jan, 1970. 00:00:00.

I have no idea how to help but it looks like you'll have to build a time machine to get your cookies reset :p

Steve_God

Official Helper
That date and time would indicate a value of 'zero' in the time 'field'... which would appear to be a data corruption error!

Will have to leave this one to Azzer :)

ZigZag

Harvester
What date does your computer have. I have seen strange things happen in programs when the date is off on the computer.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
No, there is nothing wrong with my computer clock or anything, and I don't see why that would make my browser keep refreshing over and over.

I've also tried other browsers, uninstalled and reinstalled etc. Every other website is fine, including these forums, but as soon as I attempt to login in-game the browser refreshes constantly :(

Very strange..

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Finally tracked the problem back, something browser/ISP end has changed the way you are handling/requesting pages, and was conflicting with some "safety code" in Bushtarion that tries to stop itself being trapped within another frame, causing an "infinite battle" of page refreshing to be fought which neither side could win :p

I've removed the safety code for now and will leave it removed unless I can find out what has changed with some ISP's/browsers/whatever it was, that has caused this conflict.