Google Chrome Shockwave Flash Crashes

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm sure a fair few of you are aware of the recent crashes, but has anyone found a simple fix that's easy to explain? I looked it up and found a load of other people complaining about it, even with a response from a Chrome representative (who seemed to just ignore the fact that there was a problem...) and I'm yet to come across a way to sort out the problem that actually works.

Any suggestions?

I've got a Dell Inspiron laptop with Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152 and Google Chrome 10.0.648.151 (the latest versions of both as far as I'm aware)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Personally, I suggest going back to Firefox or Opera until Google get their act together with Chrome.

I'm all for using most of their Beta products, but an unstable web browser just doesn't cut it for me.

Davs

Garden Designer
Personally, I suggest going back to Firefox or Opera until Google get their act together with Chrome.

I'm all for using most of their Beta products, but an unstable web browser just doesn't cut it for me.

It's a shame, because this is the only time I've ever had a problem with it since I first got it (about a year ago)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

It's a shame, because this is the only time I've ever had a problem with it since I first got it (about a year ago)

Same as you, I re-installed Firefox and got rolling again with that.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I haven't noticed any problems with Chrome...i use it for everything...

Are you using the dev/beta version?

Davs

Garden Designer
No, I'm using the latest update of the full version as far as I'm aware. The problem only occurred after the last update, though.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Stick to Firefox for stability :D

firefox_is_better_firefox_demotivational_poster_1225355882.jpg

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Firefox is the shiznit. I don't think Firefox crashed once in the years I was using it (apart from a couple of times when it was my computer's fault and not Firefox's).

Davs

Garden Designer
I used to have an issue where FF would randomly decide to use 99% of the CPU for no obvious reason and then it would crash. That's why I moved to chrome. Now that's dead I'm using Opera - so far so good lol

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I used to have an issue where FF would randomly decide to use 99% of the CPU for no obvious reason and then it would crash. That's why I moved to chrome. Now that's dead I'm using Opera - so far so good lol

lol, i see a pattern :p

davs you dont just stop using programs just because they crash, you fix it.
I bet that opera will crash in the near future too :p

could you do a full scan of a computer with a antivirus program?

and check on malware with a program called malwarebytes

Davs

Garden Designer

lol, i see a pattern :p

davs you dont just stop using programs just because they crash, you fix it.
I bet that opera will crash in the near future too :p

could you do a full scan of a computer with a antivirus program?

and check on malware with a program called malwarebytes

My laptop has been checked several times with various different programmes. Nothing ever crops up. And the issue with Chrome isn't isolated to my computer, it's a global thing apparently. As for the firefox thing, I think it was linked to antisback's bush plug-in.