Fail. | R31

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Look I had sent a fairly long post explaining my intentions to the HQ of yours, 2nd20 and Enmity. It appears by the questions I received that they mail did not go through as intended.

here is the short short version

With DA gone fail is rebuilding and in disarray, they are outside of our 40% range, therefore are not useful to the resistance I need to have. We are bored, we need the acres, and we are going to use these new acres to launch a proper resistance to RRR.

We're heavy armour and anti armour and so guerilla tactics and hit and fade do not work as effectively for my setup which means that it doesn't work for as big as RRR is if I'm going to participate. I have a different strategy that I want to talk over with the other leaders. Obviously not going to post that strategy here. I did in the Ally mail or at least touched on it.

So believe me or not. I believe you when you say you feel backstabbed or betrayed but the facts is that it's taken over a week to get rolling on RRR. We have almost nothing else in range unless we want to mass bash OF with everyone else and that doesn't sit well.

I have to get my war machine moving/disband/or wait for someone to kill me. As most of you know, I only have the patience for battle.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
posting so more fail members can see. because I'm not mad at them. I'm not mad at fail. I have to simply play the game for me and my ally.
Private Sent to: Fail. alliance HQ Thu 04th Jun, 2009. 18:12:28 GMT
Subject: re:

Fail. alliance HQ wrote:
Meh, do what you will i guess. But considering we have reshuffled members, had a couple restart just for the purpose of resisting i think its pretty harsh to turn on us when you know (because of the agreement) that we are weaker than we would normally be.

Good luck to you, but i think it sucks that we wont be part of the resistance anymore...as thats what we've been building up to doing.

I know. But honestly it comes down to this

a) continue to wait. let my members become even MORE disgruntled than they have been this past week. be completely useless

or

b) take the initiative. have a happier alliance.

It was painful to make because I was hoping the resistance would work as is, but really the choice is kinda clear cut for me no matter my personal feelings. I feel that the resistance needs a kick in the butt and a kick into high gear.

Tombi

Harvester
Yeah Garrett i see your point although i think it is slightly against logic because yes we have taken a while to get back on our feet and just when we thought we had another a big member left putting us back a few days, and although you outsize us quite significantly we will fight and probably take quite losses you will too no doubt being a double blow for the resistance.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
the phrase 'we just got set back a few days' do that a few more times and we're into the last weeks of the round and still have done nothing.

i'm just trying to shake it up. hate me, understand me, ignore me, love me. my alliance comes first as I am not a leader if everyone behind me stops following.

Tombi

Harvester
I illustrate my point with the first wave

Distracted: 12,494,584 [£33,785,601,200] friendlies distracted.
Died: 51,565 [£216,893,600] friendlies dead.

You gained 0 effectiveness.

Distracted: 101,458,294 [£1,513,570,289,800] enemies distracted.
Died: 5,512,883 [£114,726,149,700] friendlies dead.

You gained 0 effectiveness.

Distracted: 197,324,527 [£1,472,967,189,800] enemies distracted.
Disabled: 428,556 [£25,204,366,000] enemies disabled.
Died: 63,149,267 [£1,947,016,261,000] enemies dead. 79,199,682 [£1,810,703,939,100] friendlies dead.
Bribed: 24,482 [£1,416,150,000] enemies bribed.
Converted: 1,687 [£26,992,000] enemies converted.

we did lose 1kish land but overall but that was 1 big hit for the resistance effort just for 1k land...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
And so the dissolution of the resistance begins.

Guess grats really are in order for RRR.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
The round has hardly been ruined just because RRR will win. The word 'tunnel-visioned' along with 'idiot' comes to mind.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
o_O a war/attack/whatever is decided in the first wave?

when was this update made public? news to me. at any rate, shame on me for playing the game. I singlehandedly gave RRR the round because the resistance was working *sooooo* hard.

TIK TAK! OK!

Podunk

Head Gardener
You realize that when the 'resistance' hit OF they lost troops too. Don't play innocent here. You can't blame one alliance for ruining the resistance which was never going to happen anyways.

When DA decided it'd be best to hit OF that was when the resistance was over.

CLem

Head Gardener
RRR has won this round for sure now

Congrats to RRR, keeping down the resistance for a week has granted you the victory of this round.

Shame on you Garret, you knew from the start this "backstab" was gonna fail, and yet you continue it.

This round has been ruined by Ailihphilia, special thanks to Garret for wasting 2 alliances for the resistance.

Cant deny it Garret, you made a wise choice to try and take acres from Fail. Shame it didnt work out your way.

can people stop putting "resistance" as the top agenda for once?

The so call "resistance" had been formed for over a week and what have they achieved?? Nothing spectecular but bashed a rank 5 alliance as a collective bunch and hitting whoever that isn't in an the "resistance" whilst they get fat and "store troops".

I am positive that this "resistance" has ruined the round for many 2nd tier alliance so TaO you can stfu about saying Aili ruining the round.

Tombi

Harvester

when was this update made public? news to me. at any rate, shame on me for playing the game. I singlehandedly gave RRR the round because the resistance was working *sooooo* hard.

TIK TAK! OK!

No your self pitying there Garrett, but if this stops and we work together i believe there is a better chance of RRR being taken down rather than the fight thats going on inside at the moment, at first it was 'Take down OF' but they continue to stand well and now its 'Take down fail' but that'll only delay the resistance in the process and make RRR grow bigger and bigger.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You realize that when the 'resistance' hit OF they lost troops too. Don't play innocent here. You can't blame one alliance for ruining the resistance which was never going to happen anyways.

When DA decided it'd be best to hit OF that was when the resistance was over.

The resistance alliances were growing/readying themselves for an attack. That weren't going to happen in days, it was going to happen in weeks...

There would have been a point when alliance resistance alliances said "Yeah - we've got the troops we need for the job now".

Sadly it appears Ail reached that point first - but have changed their agenda :/

But all's fair, n' all that :p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
No your self pitying there Garrett, but if this stops and we work together i believe there is a better chance of RRR being taken down rather than the fight thats going on inside at the moment, at first it was 'Take down OF' but they continue to stand well and now its 'Take down fail' but that'll only delay the resistance in the process and make RRR grow bigger and bigger.

:popcorn: YOU GIVE ME TEH LULZ

Attachments

• obama_cry.jpg
    obama_cry.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0

Podunk

Head Gardener

TIK TAK! OK!

Apparently you have missed my post here http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2694

The second the resistance switched to hitting OF is the moment RRR won the round.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
it's sometimes not about troop count. it's about initiative, drive, desire.

never had I said my alliance is the best. as leader i know where our strengths and weaknesses are. i know that i'm probably going to get severe repercussions and I never had any illusions that my alliance would finish high.

this attack is not about finishing high. it's about attacking. it's about getting my people motivated. it's about building momentum.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Died: 63,149,267 [£1,947,016,261,000] enemies dead. 79,199,682 [£1,810,703,939,100] friendlies dead.
That's nearly 4 TRILLION of resistance troops down the pan...

Garrett = Fail. ;)

Lemme just try predict the collective response of RRR at this stage:

"woop".

Garrett

Landscape Designer
resistance troops gathering dust are not resistance troops. i know you are angry. i forgive your emotional outburst.

i honestly would feel the same way in your shoes. being a leader IS difficult. sometimes you gotta make hard choices. it wasn't my first option, but seemed like my best. so i took it.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Insurance takes away 35% of those losses, and with our new land we can buy more troops and then use them to actually attack RRR (a fairly important point of resisting is actually hitting rank 1. Something you people seem to have forgotten recently).

And the resistance has no need for 4 tril troops when the resistance doesn't ****ing do anything WITH those troops.

This was the result of an apathetic resistance which was more concerned about hitting OF and SNAPing everybody in sight rather than hitting RRR.

PS: Putting something in large print does not increase it's probability of being true. It's just crap...bigger.