• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Extra solo benefits...

edd

Tree Surgeon
On the whole certain routes are much harder to play solo at a competitive level than others. Naturally this is more noticeable if you are alone or not contactable.

Solo play is easier than it should be atm however because on te whole people suck at calculating ARmods or just don't bother.

This type of play requires you to think about how you want to play in the long run rather than just constantly growing as big as possible in order to better fight the rank 1 alliance.

I dont think the suggestions that you bring forward are sensible Zaheen, it is basically a way to allow players to play solo at a high level and have it easy :p and some routes work to perfection with solo play. It is just a question o finding what works for your route and playing to te strengths of solo design.

Not gonna address each point individually because while they are imaginative, none of them are needed.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
i think that it's only fair if solos can see 'unknown' incs on their pnaps when they happen tbh. spying and flying over every tick to find out only when stealth is revealed? WHY??

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i agree with the old stealth on a solo. you as a solo can only see it on the overview, and your pnaps cant see it till reveals. i think it should have a news item. no harm in that.

on the subject of a 4hour sleep mode. you can do a 19 tick hide. send to id 1 eta 8 if you really cant be on for a few hours, and rely on naps supporting you at this time. otherwise hit 8 hr sleepmode. gives you 4 hours of free time at worst.

personally I think certain changes would negate any desires or needs to introduce many of these ideas. things like the polo sleep mode idea floating around the suggestions pages. That way you wouldnt need to worry about being afk for 4 hours. and you still have the regular sleep mode if you want to be completely safe.

TBH i find it hard to relate to solo play needing advantages i only go solo when i want to do something that would make me a poor alliance member. like if i wanted to be a lowbie puppet trying to collect 1 of each unit. or if i wanted to stay low to get more targets and try for profile awards or stats. it makes you useless to an alliance if your always out attacking not joinign in defence or allie attacks. and never being big enough to be of use. so that is when i go solo. if i wanted to play competitively id just join an alliance. so i cant fully appreciate some of your suggestions. but one or two arent a bad ideas

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I don't agree with the news report on solo's getting stealth inc. First of all it would be a dead giveaway once people get ninjas and spies. This could be negated by only letting the pnap see the news, sure. But on a more principal notice I think that this is a fair disadvantage for getting AR protection. A good solo triangle are pretty damn strong already.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
oh not in the clear way where it gives out 'eta' of the stealth incs. but since 1 or 2 of us refreshing every tick and watching over the offliner(s), why couldn't we just see when 'unknown' appears on our pnaps? not in the news 'coz it'll give out eta, but in a manner where we see it 'coz we were refreshing. an RPG pnap getting hit by SA is like a certain death. but if we could send def, a robo pnap for example that kills SA well by guessing eta (including rolling and what not)? that might save a pnap. not much different from when you are allied. stealth inc that gives out eta would be too much of an advantage, and i don't mean that. when we get stealth inc is some workout of finding the sender, figuring out the eta. but without even the information of your pnaps having 'unknown' incs although you refresh every tick and go all the intels every tick on your pnaps is a certain disadvantage, i find.

Scorpio

Head Gardener
oh not in the clear way where it gives out 'eta' of the stealth incs. but since 1 or 2 of us refreshing every tick and watching over the offliner(s), why couldn't we just see when 'unknown' appears on our pnaps? not in the news 'coz it'll give out eta, but in a manner where we see it 'coz we were refreshing. an RPG pnap getting hit by SA is like a certain death. but if we could send def, a robo pnap for example that kills SA well by guessing eta (including rolling and what not)? that might save a pnap. not much different from when you are allied. stealth inc that gives out eta would be too much of an advantage, and i don't mean that. when we get stealth inc is some workout of finding the sender, figuring out the eta. but without even the information of your pnaps having 'unknown' incs although you refresh every tick and go all the intels every tick on your pnaps is a certain disadvantage, i find.

Simple, open up every possible ID that can stealth rush your pnap and spy them, together with your pnaps, every tick :p

Yochoko

Head Gardener
that works only if the pnap that has the stealth inc is online... i'm not complaining about the procedure of finding out the sender of stealth. but most often, it's too late to know your pnaps have stealth incs when they are revealed in order to send def.

why is it such a bad idea to just see "oh, unknown inc!" on your pnaps when you are refreshing? what solution can be done for finding out the stealth incs only when it's revealed, instead of you finding out the sender, calculating eta (which implies spying the sender every tick) when you see 'unknown' on your pnaps? contact the pnap and tell him to send out? or watch him die? i just wanted a way to save him without having an 'advantage'. is it really an advantage that solos can see 'unknown' incs on their pnaps? on the top of not having -1 def rush??

ah well, dealing with SA stealth rush without -1 is extremely tricky already. so, it's a dead case mostly especially when we play UC. but if people do play contactable and could send out, or/and LT with their pnaps (some organisation for def and giving more time than just 1-2 tick time) or maybe they do have some low eta useful units for LET flak that could be sent before the stealth is revealed, seeing 'unknown' on their pnaps when it happens is just one little thing that benefit the solos and don't disadvantage the others, i think.

i'd like people to see that giving something to solos isn't always giving them 'advantages'. :X

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't like the idea of giving a solo a heads-up when pure stealth is sent to their pnap. How would stealth rolls work? (not that stealth rolls on solos are exactly common).

I agree that SA rushes are basically undefendable for a solo if they can't get their pnap online. That is a problem.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
i really only meant that solos should have a subtle notification when their pnaps get stealth incs. i didn't mean that they should see in the news/spy report "someone sent you a stealth mob" precisely on a tick. i meant more like the colour of their pnaps' names change into red when they get a stealth inc like you see in your ally overview page 'unknown'. now, if you missed a tick or two, not paying attention to the change of the colour/appearing 'unknown' on the ally overview page, the rest, that's like anyone else to work out on the sender and the eta, or prank. but i thought, if one solo is active and watchful and doesn't mind intel'ing every tick their pnaps, it's only fair to have this subtle notification of the stealth incs on them, which really harms noone for having it.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I support the stealth news item for solos, IF they sign onto a "pure solo" styled option, then had to pay for it as an intel tech after spies. Simple.

Example:

Tue 10th Dec, year 4. Dusk (66 ticks ago) Stealth News
Unknown staff incoming

lillie

Harvester
Just go make a 3 man alliance then :/ <3 from n00bville

Pnapped solo`s have it good enough already imo though I do agree no harm in knowing about stealth inc. I like Dax`s idea and mod on defence would be rather useful.

In saying that I only go solo when I can`t be bothered doing much but from what I have seen most solo triangles are IN with an alliance somewhere along the line and can be quite a powerful trio to deal with as they are.

Pure solo is a ***** nothing worse than being zeroed and the ally train chuffs in :D

No-Dachi

Official Helper
i really only meant that solos should have a subtle notification when their pnaps get stealth incs. i didn't mean that they should see in the news/spy report "someone sent you a stealth mob" precisely on a tick. i meant more like the colour of their pnaps' names change into red when they get a stealth inc like you see in your ally overview page 'unknown'. now, if you missed a tick or two, not paying attention to the change of the colour/appearing 'unknown' on the ally overview page, the rest, that's like anyone else to work out on the sender and the eta, or prank. but i thought, if one solo is active and watchful and doesn't mind intel'ing every tick their pnaps, it's only fair to have this subtle notification of the stealth incs on them, which really harms noone for having it.

It harms people trying to kill them.

Adrenaline harrier rushes against big robots are also undefendable, since they can appear at af3. It's unfair, perhaps, but there must be some way of fighting back. And a semi-contactable solo-group with a nice setup is hard to kill as it is, with sleep mode, ARmod and phones.

Yochoko

Head Gardener

It harms people trying to kill them.

Adrenaline harrier rushes against big robots are also undefendable, since they can appear at af3. It's unfair, perhaps, but there must be some way of fighting back. And a semi-contactable solo-group with a nice setup is hard to kill as it is, with sleep mode, ARmod and phones.

'coz you only look at it from the perspective of killing solos. it's not unfair to have the means of defending: troops and intel (add here to see the stealth when it happens). it's not unfair to defend against those with intention of killing. but there IS always weakspots even with solos with good setup, sleep mode, AR mod and contactability. it's rather pretty easy to kill solos if you can guess and calculate their AR correctly (i've killed many other solos in my honourable range and i can say they were rather easy, could come out even or make profit even at a messy fights because of bounties too). and well, why is it a problem if solos became harder to kill because of their effort?? even with the stealth notification, if none of solo trio is refreshing at the right ticks, it won't help. solos get harder to kill only when they make big efforts. and seriously, intel'ing offline pnaps every tick is a damn effort. it's easy to miss a few ticks too.

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
being solo should never have the same benefits as an allied person. that being said, i do find the notion of your pnap's name being a different color if they have news maybe, interesting... but that still wouldn't solve the unknown as you say.

but all in all, everything has a downside. being solo you have ar but can't see your offline buddy's stealth inc.

i'm in an alliance, and have friends to watch my back. however, should there be a gap in coverage - (whether inactive alliance, don't want/can't be contacted, etc etc) anyone and everyone without limit can come in with however many troops and take however many acres til people are out of range.

so there are pros/cons to each. solos have it pretty good and i can't say that i'm onboard with being able to detect everything.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
btw, i don't' mean that solos should have it easier and have everything that allied people have. i just wanted to say that those solos that are hard to kill are making big efforts that might be beyond your imagination. i'm NOT saying we *shouldn't* have to make such effort if we wanted to be competitive and survive. just thought stealth incs on solos has an 'advantage' compared to allied people where also can 'not' have refreshers and can miss unknown when it happens. so, my thought was just the stealth notification is given equally to solos, but what to do with it is totally up to players and how they play (active/inactive, contactable/uncontactable). weakspots are to be found by other players, not given by default, is how i think. :<

ah, but i'm done on this now anyway! maybe i just wanted a little <3 and understanding for the solo side to drag it this far!! :p probably time to play allied in the coming rounds! XD

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
i just wanted to say that those solos that are hard to kill are making big efforts that might be beyond your imagination.

Putting an emphasis on this. A few of the competitive solo rounds I've had I've put in just as much, if not more effort than I did competitive allied rounds.

I think the main thing that makes me not yell at people for being stupid when they don't think solo needs a few buffs is:

-solo groups
-AR triggering fags
-multis

If those 3 were fixed/not a problem solo could have some slight buffs to make it better.

Zaheen

BANNED
1. being solo should never have the same benefits as an allied person.
2. solos have it pretty good
1. They will never have 19 potential defenders.
2. If that was the case everybody would be playing solo?

They only have it good after they've been bashed with a high AR Mod, they then have another 2-3 days of safety before they are bashed again - the cycle never ends.

- In an alliance 19 players can potentially defend against 1 attacker (with a reduction in ETA to help against rushes).
- As a soloist only 2 players can potentially defend against 1 attacker (with no ETA reduction and no incoming page).

On the rare occasion the attacker sends a noob attack and triggers, you are protected.

There are tools that pretty much allow you to bypass every solos AR Mod, and tell you exactly what it is...and how long it would take to go to X amount, you're saying it's still easy for solos to play, really?

Any solo player with a low AR Mod is an amazing target, for many allied players and other solo players who are bigger, and stronger (route wise). The chances of you killing/taking land are significantly bigger than almost any alliance target unless your target is contactable with 2 very active PNap, but how many play like this?

9 times out of 10 people play solo because they want to play inactively, or are just waiting for a spot in an alliance to open up or without any PNaps at all. You're looking at the extreme side of solo, where sometimes 3 players do play active, or do play contactable (I certainly don't), but how many do? And you're basically restricting a game at where it is now based on the off chance more than 1-2 solo groups per round play actively and contactable and will be too hard to attack if they have an incoming page?

Basically anything in favour of making your round easier, as if it ain't easy enough. The horror of making one tiny little aspect of the game a little more challenging, for the minority of solos that actually play actively and can manage to stay high in the ranks for more than a week. Fair enough that these suggestions may be all extreme and bad anyway, I know my post had a lot of sarcasm in it, but none of what I posted would make things less fun for anybody, everybody has the option to play solo at any point in any round so why would anybody complain at any of them? I just don't understand.

Next up, somebody replies with, "Stop complaining, go allied". I honestly would, if I ever found an alliance who shared the same values and morals that I have, and played like me, thought like me, and didn't have members who sit there never defending with lots of land, and then leave the alliance as soon as they are developed. That is never the case, and when it is usually they never log in anyway.

Imagine an alliance with no incoming page, you have to manually spy/fly over every ID in your alliance just to defend them.

That's what this game needs, but since you're all so insanely contactable anyway it probably wouldn't make any difference.

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
2. If that was the case everybody would be playing solo?

no because being solo is boring. what you and people like you (loners, anti-social, don't take it negatively... i for the most part don't like people) never realize is that alliance play is about comrades and making them. lots of them.

alliance play = growth. solo play does not. if you can't say that solos do have it pretty good then nothing short of solos ruling a game based around alliance play (which by it's creator was stated that it was /is) will make you happy.

yes i've played solo plenty of rounds.

but first and foremost anyone making suggestions should realize this game is in it's death knell. no development has happened in a long time and it probably won't ever happen at least anytime soon. just like azzer's first game, there is a handful of die-hards that keep playing. we've gone 5k to ~300, maybe, people playing.

all these arguments should be taken as academic and just as something to pass the time as *nothing* will change except we'll either gain or lose more people.