• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Extra solo benefits...

I know this game is meant for ally play and not alot of people agree that solo's have it hard but I think there should be extra benefits for solo players.

things like variations to sleepmode times,eg a 4hr sm just for solos?

flameharvester

Head Gardener
your right it is an allied game and solo play is already too easy, however I personally am not averse to some small changes but a 4h sm would kill the playerbase even more, targets would dry up like theres no tommorow.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I've never bought the bullshit excuse the game is allied and solo is just for people who don't want to be committed to anything, or for people who just want to hang out and log in when they want.

It's difficult to balance though. I think solo's should get a few small things such as:

1) full AR gains from defending PNAP's
2) ETA-1 when sending defense mobs just like allies
3) Some type of ability to see your PNAP's incomings

Might be missing something, been too long. Solo can be really good if played at a high level of activity and contactability and skill, but you can **** with them pretty easily as well. It can be pretty stressful if you want to play for being top 20, but it's pretty easy to be top 50 with little effort.

That being said, big solo groups can be pretty lame, they almost always turn in to some type of AR triggering. And with no admin to do anything about it, combined with the fact that he didn't really do anything about it when he was around...

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I've never bought the bullshit excuse the game is allied and solo is just for people who don't want to be committed to anything, or for people who just want to hang out and log in when they want.

1. ar gains are lessened by defending pnap? only in so much that more people are there to split the score loss. and friends troops are calculated in the ar calc. please explain
2. maybe.
3. it's called spies.

well they be azzer's words. not exactly as you put them, but azzer's nonetheless. crafty solos can be hard to hit as is. they need nothing else atm.

imo, fix allied play way before you think about solos.

allies have the highest potential for bringing AND keeping players. all else is secondary.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

1. ar gains are lessened by defending pnap? only in so much that more people are there to split the score loss. and friends troops are calculated in the ar calc. please explain
2. maybe.
3. it's called spies.

well they be azzer's words. not exactly as you put them, but azzer's nonetheless. crafty solos can be hard to hit as is. they need nothing else atm.

imo, fix allied play way before you think about solos.

allies have the highest potential for bringing AND keeping players. all else is secondary.

AR gains are lessened defending PNAP's the same way you get **** all AR when attacking and losing a lot.

You don't get spies for the first week of the round.

I agree solo's don't need any major buffs, but I do think the three I suggested are only fair. There is a reason alliances have #2/3.

Make some suggestions for fixing alliance play, I know I had a few of them before I quit but they would never be implemented. Most people can't even agree what the problem is...

Max

Garden Designer
Out of interest - compare with the Pure Solo benefits from long ago:

Solo Mode. A completely new feature, this can be accessed from the alliance section of your preferences page. It allows somebody who never intends to join nor create an alliance at all (throughout the entire round) to set themselves up as a "Pure Solo". It can only be activated by players who have never spent a single tick in an alliance, and once activated will prevent you ever joining or creating an alliance again (and it cannot be deactivated). Pure Solo players get the following benefits: -10% on all development ETA's. -1 ETA on all returning Mobs. +7.5% troop experience (on top of any honour and fame troop experience gains). +5% Insurance (on top of any other insurance). Anti-rape easier to get at higher rankings by using a different land-score formula (land*land*8 not land*land*20) - note that this is *only* for anti-rape calculations and does not affect a Pure Solo players actual score in any way.

I'm wary of giving solos with PNAPs a distinct advantage - they are tricky customers to deal with. But I like -1 returning eta idea! Could be incorporated into solo play somehow to take into account the fact solos can't use a defensive modifier.

Coruba

Head Gardener
My definition of a solo - one who is neither allied or contactable.

Are there any around - I suggest not many.

Zaheen

BANNED

There's still a few floating about.

I've always liked the idea of having some sort of shared incoming page because doing spies each tick / every few ticks is a real pain sometimes.

Perhaps some sort of "live" update - and that could be used for alliances as well. If somebody is there why would they even need to hit refresh. I'm not a programmer and I'm not clued up on how this would affect any sort of cheat scripts but it would be cool.

Perhaps even an alarm system so that each time somebody attacks you it sets off your smoke alarm in your house.

Actually, no that would give those players an advantage? Hmm, let's just stick to mobile phones and texts, and anything else what 'seems' legit.

Last edited:

Yochoko

Head Gardener

2. maybe.
3. it's called spies.

NOT that i'm hugely bothered about all those as a solo, but i want to say something about 3. i don't mind checking every tick my pnaps while i'm around, the annoying thing is, on your news and thus when someone spies you, they see "We were unable to get any specific data on this news." and when those solos are offline for hours, it sorta gives out they are offline with the series and lines of "We were unable to get any specific data on this news.". :< so, ending up intel'ing both pnaps and yourself not to give out 'who' is offline and online. but with only 3, it doesn't take much time to discover, i guess, and that's a disadvantage compared to allied players. solos don't need to be overly advantaged, but disadvantages should disappear, is my opinion.

(i know i'm picking on such a detail! but a little annoyance that i don't seem to overcome with. :X the rest, i got used to live with. sure, the handy improvements are always nice, though! :D)

oh, but back at the original topic. 4 hours sleep?? i'd rather prefer 12 hours 'coz hitting 8 reduces my sleep time down to 6-7 hours. i'd like to sleep more!! :p i think that... your pnaps watching you and you checking bush from your phone sometimes could just cover 4 hours tbh. and if you (you and your pnaps) can't, then, just hit 8!

Yochoko

Head Gardener

i actually think the contactability is more legitimate for solos than allied players especially in 20/20 allies. you got 19 people to cover you. how many of refreshing slaves you got in the ally? i find it really unfair that they just give out their phone numbers and go inactive relying totally on those who are active. then calling active players a non-lifers. :< but anyway, if a decent number of people in an ally are refreshing often, you don't actually have to contact others often (not alwaysssss, i do understand there are cases of massive incs and the onliners can't handle themselves alone!). why would you like solos to have harder hardships?? :(

Zaheen

BANNED

i actually think the contactability is more legitimate for solos than allied players especially in 20/20 allies. you got 19 people to cover you. how many of refreshing slaves you got in the ally? i find it really unfair that they just give out their phone numbers and go inactive relying totally on those who are active. then calling active players a non-lifers. :< but anyway, if a decent number of people in an ally are refreshing often, you don't actually have to contact others often (not alwaysssss, i do understand there are cases of massive incs and the onliners can't handle themselves alone!). why would you like solos to have harder hardships?? :(
Spot on Yochoko.

But even then, I tried contactable with a real life friend I went to college with just to see what all the fuss was about and just after ONE text we both agreed to stop. It felt like we were cheating, and it felt extremely nerdy. It was not fun at all and I would much prefer somebody attacking me offline and wiping me out. I know it gives people lots of pleasure and satisfaction killing me and I'm okay with that. I'm fine and fully capable of rebuilding and it doesn't phase me at all.

I don't care about land/rank/score/troops - because in a game like this none of that means anything to me, you get noobs winning the round time and time again so it makes no difference.

The only thing that annoys me about other people being contactable is that it wastes all of my time sending/resending, to a point where you might as well not even bother playing the game because they will just run each time to save their troops.

(Yes, you all think that's skill but I think it's you being a pussy). Maybe you find it fun just winding somebody up so much? But seriously, is that what you signed up to Bushtarion for, to run away like a little b!tch each time somebody attacks you?

LOL, okay then - have fun playing with a community full of little b!itches for the rest of your career.

That's why the player base has declined, that's why people don't like playing any more, it's why this game is no longer as fun as it use to be.

Most of you losers would rather die IRL of lack of sleep than to die in Bushtarion, and I just think it's beyond sad.

I know you're all reading this laughing your ass off, but one day you're going to remember this and realise I'm right, and that I've been right for the last 8 years whilst the entire community laughs at me.

Keep laughing, but it still doesn't change the fact that every single time you run away you have been defeated, and if you weren't hiding in a contactable alliance you would already be dead.

Last edited:

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
When I first started playing this game countless years ago, my friend taught me how to play and went RPG, we were NAP's and had an Aussie NAP too. Thing that annoyed me was the fact I was dying night after night after spending the following day rebuilding. It's not fun in that sense.

Even the next round I went SA, even purchased the blueprint which I thought was sad at the time, and found myself dying every 2 nights from Robo's and what not.

But the game has moved on and alliances have contact details and such. I didn't like this when I gave my number out in my first competitive round but I've always been contactable since just to prevent myself from waking up with nothing every morning, as what use would I be if I died all the time? People would find a weak spot without contactability and exploit that every day.

All we can do is go on and on about it, it's not going to change, there's no way to prevent this anymore but it would be interesting to see a non contactable round again. Rushes all round, competition for every rank...

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
oh, but back at the original topic. 4 hours sleep?? i'd rather prefer 12 hours 'coz hitting 8 reduces my sleep time down to 6-7 hours. i'd like to sleep more!! :p i think that... your pnaps watching you and you checking bush from your phone sometimes could just cover 4 hours tbh. and if you (you and your pnaps) can't, then, just hit 8!

i've wanted 12 hr sleep mode for years :(

Zaheen

BANNED
When I first started playing this game countless years ago, my friend taught me how to play and went RPG, we were NAP's and had an Aussie NAP too. Thing that annoyed me was the fact I was dying night after night after spending the following day rebuilding. It's not fun in that sense.

Even the next round I went SA, even purchased the blueprint which I thought was sad at the time, and found myself dying every 2 nights from Robo's and what not.

But the game has moved on and alliances have contact details and such. I didn't like this when I gave my number out in my first competitive round but I've always been contactable since just to prevent myself from waking up with nothing every morning, as what use would I be if I died all the time? People would find a weak spot without contactability and exploit that every day.

All we can do is go on and on about it, it's not going to change, there's no way to prevent this anymore but it would be interesting to see a non contactable round again. Rushes all round, competition for every rank...
This is a game where activity counts for a lot, but what you are implying is that you don't want to be active at all, you don't even want to play, you want all the benefits of somebody active without doing any leg work at all.

Basically, you want your alliance to wipe your ass for you.

Please excuse my foul mouthed expression, but that's basically what you, and 1000's of other players before your time did.

The problem with that is, as I mentioned above. It takes away the fun factor for players who don't want to take a game to a whole new level of nerd. This is not real life, it is a game, and things that happen in a game should stay in a game.

If you died every night, or every two nights then I can only assume there was something seriously wrong with your unit ratios, or tactics. As your first round that's probably the case.

My first round I kicked the crap out of everybody around me, bullied almost every alliance until I got so big that I only had the top alliance left, and I chopped down some of their members until they had enough and decided to 1.6x my score with pure Strikers, 2-3 times in my sleep.

Then it was all over.

Imagine if I was contactable, and they were contactable - and nobody ever had any "fair" fights so to speak. There has been rounds like this, and it's not fun, there is no skill involved...it's just a matter of who has more of a sad life than others at the time, which is a real shame.

I mean no offence to you, or anybody else who plays this way, you probably haven't been around or played when things didn't use to be like this, so you can't see the point I'm making? Or maybe you can, and just refuse to back down, can't accept somebody has a route that can beat you in that one fight - but you have a route that beats many others.

If everybody has an attitude like yours, you'll find the only players that are left are players like you, because everybody who thinks like me has quit a long time ago, and will refuse to play this game because it's full of players like you. Contactable score-queens.

Ultimately, I've never played for rank, whenever I find myself highly ranked I do something to make sure I am juicing as much fun out of a game and that's usually by taking someone who cares too much out (sometimes that means taking myself out), but so what? Who cares really? Once the round is over at least I can say I had a good fight.

What can you say? "Oh I finished rank 8"

What you never mention is that you ran about 200 times to get it, and probably were contacted more times just to defend or stay alive.

It's just sad really, that's not my idea of fun in a game at all.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
This is a game where activity counts for a lot, but what you are implying is that you don't want to be active at all, you don't even want to play, you want all the benefits of somebody active without doing any leg work at all.

Basically, you want your alliance to wipe your ass for you.

I read to here and became ignorant. I said years ago I never hear of contactability in the game even existing. I've always put in effort to my alliance and wiped others asses so hmmmz.

I'm saying even discussing the contactability issue is worthless as it won't change however 'd love to see a round again where it didn't exist.

Wouldn't everyone like to have their ass wiped and not have to worry about losing 10 mins of sleep and know their troops are always safe overnight. I think so.

But back on topic for solo's, what else do they need? They have their protection, maybe the -1 would be a cheeky but viable change.

Last edited:

Zaheen

BANNED
I read to here and became ignorant.
Oh, you weren't already like that? :drinking:

But back on topic for solo's, what else do they need? They have their protection, maybe the -1 would be a cheeky but viable change
- A nice incoming page for PNaps would be nice.
- A better safety net, perhaps a higher base AR Modifier based on your H/F
- Higher AR gains for pure solo players
- An ability we can use after we have just been hammered/farmed from rank 50 down to 300
- More insurance for pure solo players, as a development like before
- Increased seed production for solo players, and a bigger increase for pure solo players (allied players could use the solo tactic like they use to).
- A pure solo only route
- A special unit available to all solo players, possibly an option or a combination of extra units to encourage more solo players
- More sleep mode capabilities for pure solos (who have never been in an alliance, or had PNaps)
- AR Modifier from land loss needs to be tweaked somehow to stop major abuse from cheaters, can't really think of anything other than removing it completely but maybe somebody else can?

These might give solos a bit more flexibility in what route they play as, and might stop all the solo abuse currently going on.

With that said, it's completely pointless and a waste of time for me, or anybody to post ANY suggestion about ANYTHING remotely close to improving the game play for the community, because it has been controlled and dictated by contactable allied players for over a decade. So any possible changes that may affect their non skill, non activity ways will do nothing but upset them.

I do feel more new players would come and stay if solos had more love.

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I did contactable solo with two RL mates who are total wreckheads - And we had a real laugh 'til I left them for NOMW (lowly, I know, but my love in-game always resides with those I choose to be allied with).

BUSH.jpg

EDIT: See if you can tell which two are on a cocktail of class A drugs...

PS:

A pure solo only route

Do you mean Bunkers? I always thought they were a core alliance route, tbh.