Early Shipjumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
speak for yourself alci, i and many others dont shipjump even when i get a so called better offer and most these shipjumpers jumped from 1 FTW team to another.... by the looks of it these teams are closely matched, sounds to me like people were spun a load of cobbles to persuade them to join, or they have little will pwoer... :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Speak for yourself Cyrus. I'm inclined to believe that the majority aren't as loyal as you portray yourself (and others) to be.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
speak for yourself alci, i and many others dont shipjump even when i get a so called better offer and most these shipjumpers jumped from 1 FTW team to another.... by the looks of it these teams are closely matched, sounds to me like people were spun a load of cobbles to persuade them to join, or they have little will pwoer... :)

Or they would have more fun elsewhere? Just throwing that idea out there....

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Not to mention the fact that if i'm ever recruited by a variety of people i keep the options open til i know who's playing so i can judge funtimes with skill and whether or not i'm going to want to kill anyone in the ally. then i make my decision.

if fundamental changes to the ally happen (or even a few players join who i dislike) i'll talk to the leader to see if i can get it sorted, and if not i'll leave. *shrug*

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
People are sometimes loyal, and sometimes its not to you. Get over it ffs, *****in aint gonna get **** done.
Drum, ***** *********.

k?

Umm, ok? lol

Lots of astrix to you to mate :)

honour on the internet is pure hilarity.

If someone gets a better offer (either more fun, more friends, more chance of winning) then the likelihood is they're going to take it, especially if they have no previous loyalty to an alliance.

It's annoying, yes, but it's not really the end of the world.

Exactly, any of you saying "I'd never do it, im such an awesome person, blah blah blah" (you know.. The usual ****) are either lying or upset because its effected their round. We all have friends that if asked we'd drop things less important for, and if you dont then I feel sorry for you.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
People are sometimes loyal, and sometimes its not to you. Get over it ffs, *****in aint gonna get **** done.
Drum, ***** *********.

k?

Umm, ok? lol

Lots of astrix to you to mate :)

honour on the internet is pure hilarity.

If someone gets a better offer (either more fun, more friends, more chance of winning) then the likelihood is they're going to take it, especially if they have no previous loyalty to an alliance.

It's annoying, yes, but it's not really the end of the world.

Exactly, any of you saying "I'd never do it, im such an awesome person, blah blah blah" (you know.. The usual ****) are either lying or upset because its effected their round. We all have friends that if asked we'd drop things less important for, and if you dont then I feel sorry for you.

i wouldnt shipjump ever.... stop labelling others as though they have the same brain as you.... not everyone has the same morals thats the bottom line, its a good job these people left before the round started, it is less painful, its just a shame it ever happens, if you cant commit then dont, simples.. mmmmmch

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
You know some people might have left because they knew they would have more fun with another ally than the one that they were in. It's possible.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You know some people might have left because they knew they would have more fun with another ally than the one that they were in. It's possible.

Don't be silly. they obviously planted themselves as spies, deliberately and pledged their eternal honour to the alliance they first joined. Then sneakily, and with zero conscience, honour and grace, stole the ID list and all the intel and deliberately took it to another alliance.

/sarcasm

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
TBH if someone I didn't know very well left my alliance just before the start of the round I would be very worried that they were a spy, and I know you would as well Alci. Remember Nitrous in round 28?

Shipjumping is always a *******, because it means you have to recruit someone to replace them, and there's always the worry that your ID list is going to be "accidentally leaked", shall we say. But it could be worse. At least with them leaving before ticks start you have the option of deleting and restarting in no time at all.

So I agree, shipjumping is lame. But you could've had it a lot worse :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well naturally i'd be 'concerned' but fussing about the honour and pledging your life to an alliance is just absurd.

you aren't going to change their behaviour by posting something like this either, so just find out their ID, and kill their stupid shipjumping ass ;) Ingame revenge is far more entertaining.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
i wouldnt shipjump ever.... stop labelling others as though they have the same brain as you.... not everyone has the same morals thats the bottom line, its a good job these people left before the round started, it is less painful, its just a shame it ever happens, if you cant commit then dont, simples.. mmmmmch

They obviously wouldnt have committed if they'd known something better would come up.. All im saying is most of the people complaining are hypocrites, because if the roles were reversed I can guarantee you they wouldnt think twice about taking care of themselves and their friends first over people they hardly know, and who could blame them? Its a war game, not a ****in smurf picnic. You can hold onto honour and be morally driven if you want Cyrus, but its only gonna bite you on the ass.

Godsend9701

Harvester
i dont really see why everyone is getting upset over 'shipjumpers' this early in the game, it would be 10x worst later thru out the round when your online times are well known with your alliance and when you are best to be attacked, that would be 10x worst than anything

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

They obviously wouldnt have committed if they'd known something better would come up.. All im saying is most of the people complaining are hypocrites, because if the roles were reversed I can guarantee you they wouldnt think twice about taking care of themselves and their friends first over people they hardly know, and who could blame them? Its a war game, not a ****in smurf picnic. You can hold onto honour and be morally driven if you want Cyrus, but its only gonna bite you on the ass.

not really coz there are people in this game that would never do me over to gain an advantage and those that do i dont play with. unlike most i dont play with cheaters or people that backstabbers or shipjumpers, they are the ones that bite you in the ass ;)

i know it could have been alot worse an if godsend and whoever else has shipjumped say they wont give id's out we can only hope, but i wont hold my breath

Godsend9701

Harvester

not really coz there are people in this game that would never do me over to gain an advantage and those that do i dont play with. unlike most i dont play with cheaters or people that backstabbers or shipjumpers, they are the ones that bite you in the ass ;)

i know it could have been alot worse an if godsend and whoever else has shipjumped say they wont give id's out we can only hope, but i wont hold my breath

anyone that knows me, knows that i dont give out IDs before the round has even started (if giving IDs or i leave alliances during the round its a different story), and i dont even keep them, cyrus i dont care if you think i would give out IDs and infact ingore what i just said and hold your breath.

sorry if this has turned into a flame tread but i just want take someone that should know me calling me a spy (not in so many words but its what cyrus and few others are applying)

Sir Drumalot

Harvester

Exactly.. So you have people that are loyal to you. Dont you think those people if they thought you werent playing and then you decided to play would want to be in the same ally with you? Even if it meant having to let a few people down?

Godsend is not the type to give out ID's but that is not the point. He had no intention of leaving until the alliance hes in decided it was gonna make itself close to round start. Special circumstances mate, not everything is black and white.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Similar situation to a pimp n a whore

The pimp calls (in this case Martin); and the whore goes to him (in this case Godsend).

Haha

(It's only a joke, relax :p)

I haven't bothered reading any of this thread because its just a waste of my time. But I feel the need to post since I am HIGHLY bored atm. ZzzZZZzzzzZZZZ

Davs

Garden Designer
But either way - Not a blessing.

Polo, are you telling me if you had a member that you didn't know very well leave the alliance with ID's, contacts, routes etc. you wouldn't do exactly what I just said?

As for your 3rd point - I wouldn't count on too many in Bushtarion to be noble and honorable anymore. You should know that better than most, right? :)

Last guy who tried to send me an ID list of his former alliance, I informed the alliance in question and they butt-raped him.

So yes, there are some players who have a vague sense of decency.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Same happened two rounds back, some lowlife sent the IDs of an ally he had left the first week (because they didn't get filled or some ****)... I promptly sent the info to the alliance in question... next time I checked the ID he was back at 89 acres from 1800.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.