Early Shipjumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intense

Pruner
I've seen 3 alliances lose members to someone who started to recruit top players very close to round start, forcing these allys to take measurements to hide their identity everytime someone leaves.

What is this? If you have chosen an alliance, stick with it. I would understand if it were some noob or someone gathering intel, but you are dedicated seasoned players who know you put the team you signed up for down with this dirty shipjumping.

Godsend9701

Harvester
man all i did was change allies, i didnt keep any info on your guys or give any info out, im just not like that before the round has even started, people have the right to change alliances if they want too

Intense

Pruner
lol, worried that yours and nitrous's easy chance at a win just disappeared?
lol, worried that your alliance would get pwnd first week and decided to shipjump?

... *sigh*, Sorry.
And no, I don't want a boring round, I just want people to make up their minds before they get involved, and stick to their decisions.

Last edited:

Jase

Harvester
If you say you will play with someone, why **** them around and join a different ally? I understand that whomever has done it that they have done it before round begins thinking its ok but i have no doubt replacements are still hard to find and if you left after changes were announced then route plans may have been drawn up...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
In my expeirence of leading, you can easily replace a ship jumper with someone far better pre-ticks.

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm with Twigs and Alci on this - it's not exactly hard to just replace them. And as the game hasn't started ticking you're at no disadvantage. Take it as a blessing.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Except you have to disband the alliance, delete your ID's, create new names and remake the alliance to keep your ID list out of enemy hands?

Hardly a blessing.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Except you have to disband the alliance, delete your ID's, create new names and remake the alliance to keep your ID list out of enemy hands?

Hardly a blessing.

Firstly, it can be a blessing in disguise for a decent ally to have their ID list out early - it stops randoms hitting you.

Secondly, you assume that said shipjumpers are untrustworthy enough to give out ID lists.

Thirdly, you assume the leaders of the ally said shipjumpers jumped to would be dishonourable enough to accept intel given by said shipjumpers.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Hardly a blessing.

Less of a curse than having to do it all within the first few days. ;)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
But either way - Not a blessing.

Polo, are you telling me if you had a member that you didn't know very well leave the alliance with ID's, contacts, routes etc. you wouldn't do exactly what I just said?

As for your 3rd point - I wouldn't count on too many in Bushtarion to be noble and honorable anymore. You should know that better than most, right? :)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Polo, are you telling me if you had a member that you didn't know very well leave the alliance with ID's, contacts, routes etc. you wouldn't do exactly what I just said?

I'm lazy as hell. Of course I wouldn't.

As for your 3rd point - I wouldn't count on too many in Bushtarion to be noble and honorable anymore. You should know that better than most, right? :)

Well neither would I. However, some of the more notable leaders are. For example, neither War? Huh? nor RapeRinseRepeat had a single ID list on politics within the first couple of days of the round. Sure, we could easily have obtained some lists (TIR's was pretty much public knowledge last round, for example) but we (most of the players from those two alliances) would rather play with respect and honour. We also showed it's quite possibly to keep up with, or even be ahead of, other alliances who bash the hell out of any alliance whose ID list they have.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Congrats - But you also admitted by saying they were pretty much public knowledge - Meaning the majority of the player base would take it. So my assumption seems quite valid.

And I'm not sure I believe if you were playing ftw you wouldn't - Especially after what supposedly happened to you last round - But whatever :p

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Congrats - But you also admitted by saying they were pretty much public knowledge - Meaning the majority of the player base would take it. So my assumption seems quite valid.

Did I say anything to the contrary? All I said is some of the "ftw" leaders/alliances don't use spies and wouldn't accept intel from anyone (and they're your main "enemies", assuming your alliance is playing "ftw").

And I'm not sure I believe if you were playing ftw you wouldn't - Especially after what supposedly happened to you last round - But whatever :p

Believe what you want, be as paranoid as you want, makes no difference to me. What supposedly happened to me last round?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Was your contact list not stolen from you?

Were you not pranked several times at night during the resistance?

:s

Tombi

Harvester

Just stfu and get back on topic, your making me go off topic see :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Oh, sorry, I had no idea what you were referring to. :p Yes, some players are utter scum and below untrustworthy. People should name and shame these kind of players so they never get in an alliance again (or they should be perma-banned). I have also opted not to give out my number to any alliances ever again (aside to very trustworthy players) - there are other ways to be contacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.