Early Shipjumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Having people restart with fresh IDs is an option, but why delete the alliance??

But yeah, I understand the gripe, though leaving before ticks start is much better that leaving after the ticks start...

Silence

Head Gardener
My morals and opinions are MORE IMPORTANT than YOUR morals and opinions.

I think we had a thread on ship jumping before and that's all it was. BUT as my morals and opinions are more important ill tell you them. People should be able to play the game as THEY wish. its their account, their round, and their fun. If they no longer wish to be apart of an alliance, who are you to stop them and tell them they cannot leave a group they already dislike.

Waste of their time to spend 70 days disliking something

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Having people restart with fresh IDs is an option, but why delete the alliance??

But yeah, I understand the gripe, though leaving before ticks start is much better that leaving after the ticks start...

You have to leave the alliance to delete? :p

Bruce666

Harvester
i hate shipjumpers if they want too join better alliances should of joined them in the first place or held off giving a yes too another alliance before they were sure

ive had a few people do it too me last time i lead as well as this round , i just re-create an alliance if i believe theyre trust worthy or not as its best too be safe than sorry

i could give out names as polo said too disgrace these players but i will not, for if i do this i am only as good as them

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i also agree with the gripe its frustrating. It annoys me too. But im beyond trying to force my morals onto others, its pointless. Least you know for next time not to recruit said player/players.

also i know some one whos already posted in this thread stole a member off the allaince im in. :p
we havent taken the steps you have mentioned above, they were deemed unecessary.

but im far from worried about the id list being given out. for many of the reasons already mentioned. but every one is entitled to gripe about what rattles thier cage. so fully support the gripe.

gl for the round!

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

You have to leave the alliance to delete? :p

No, of course not Most people deletes first, restarts, and is let back in, and your backup leader gets his permissions set up again, then the leader deletes, restarts, is let back in, and the back up leader sets him/her back as leader...

Most allies have at least 1 back up leader, if not, what kind of a stupid outfit are they? :p This makes it much easier to take back up of any politic-threads and stuff like that, saves news and allymails, overview messages etc...

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
People are sometimes loyal, and sometimes its not to you. Get over it ffs, *****in aint gonna get **** done.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
People are sometimes loyal, and sometimes its not to you. Get over it ffs, *****in aint gonna get **** done.

Haha, when i saw "Sir_Drumaalot" had replied i just knew it would be abusive :]

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Enrico - Deleting the ally isn't my point. :p

The fact that you have to delete - You lose all politics post (Yes you can backup, but still more effort!) and it's overall a hassle.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Congrats - But you also admitted by saying they were pretty much public knowledge - Meaning the majority of the player base would take it. So my assumption seems quite valid.

And I'm not sure I believe if you were playing ftw you wouldn't - Especially after what supposedly happened to you last round - But whatever :p

Iamsmart, what do you care about the rest of the PB? If you have your principles you stick to them. If you've given a word, you stick to it. If a person leaves my ally and gives me his word he wouldn't take any intel I would trust them.

The way you are talking just seems like a future excuse of some low action. "Yes, I would do it because most of the PB would on my place". Right? Right....

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
f0xx you would take the word of someone you barely know?

I definitely wouldn't unless they were a friend and I trusted them.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Mmmm, not to keep using BG round as an example but you barely knew me (or not at all?). That didn't seem to turn out too good for you.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Mmmm, not to keep using BG round as an example but you barely knew me (or not at all?). That didn't seem to turn out too good for you.

There is a difference. That was a fun round. We are talking about a FTW alliance here? Otherwise why bother to gripe about shipjumbers at all?

And yes, even I make mistakes sometimes, like recruiting you.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Harsh ;)

I'd hardly call that a "fun round" considering how active and semi-contactable some of us were. It may have intended to be for fun but it didn't look like it to me.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
like polo said these shipjumpers should be named and shamed, as soon as i get aproached by a FTW leader i commit to them, we all get asked to join other allis but anyone with half a bollock would refuse, no matter how much persuading, if you dont feel you can fully commit to a ftw team and could see yourself accepting another offer then dont accept to join.

i would love to think leaders would not accept id lists that have been leaked by a shipjumper, but the reality is its not hard to post a list up in bits to make it look like you've gathered it yourself

every round someone new amazes me with their lack of honour

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
honour on the internet is pure hilarity.

If someone gets a better offer (either more fun, more friends, more chance of winning) then the likelihood is they're going to take it, especially if they have no previous loyalty to an alliance.

It's annoying, yes, but it's not really the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.