Dota 2

No-Dachi

Official Helper
It's easy enough to start to play around with, especially if you do the quests first and try out a few games with bots. Yet it is almost infitely difficult considering the amount of heroes (around 100 iirc), and the hundreds of items you can build on each hero. What I'm trying to say is that it is incredibly diverse, and you'll probably have your ass handed to you in an online game if it's your first time. But it's quite easy to get the hang of with the quests and a few bot games.

Lesson 1 and 2: don't die, and focus on last hitting creeps like your life depends on it (last hitting = money = items = you win).

And it's really fun! :)

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
hmmm first time I really read this thread was today... my old pc is trying to take a ****.. so went out today and priced building a gaming pc.. probably go buy tomorrow.. so will an old fart like me be able to handle this game?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Yeah, you should. It's not micro intensive. You basically control one unit, and while you're better off with a lower reaction time it's perfectly possible to play and enjoy the game on a casual level. The main issue most people is having is timing and a lack of understanding of the game mechanics/heroes.

Max

Garden Designer
Come practice with me James :D

The strategic depth is endless :O

Although it's quite time intensive, it can be quite rewarding.

I'm still working on tutorial practice atm but I'm nearly ready to play other humans now lol!

Alvestein

Garden Designer
They added in coaching as well which should really be a good way to help new guys learn. basically having an experienced pair of eyes watch the map for you so you can focus on the basics :)

edd

Tree Surgeon
Mattheus what is your steam name/gamertag!? Same for you Yang. I'm online almost every day cracking out a few games. I'm gonna get a mic any day now.

edd

Tree Surgeon
RANKED MATCHMAKING
Want to size up your skill? We're adding a ranked matchmaking pool for experienced players who want to play competitively and use the Matchmaking Rating (MMR) to track their career and compare with friends. After unlocking the feature at level 13 (approximately 150 games), you will go through a series of 10 calibration games before you can see your rating.

And yeah that new hero is pretty cool

Max

Garden Designer
Anyone understand why they had to change the skellie king?

On another note I've played about 10 games against bots which has been super fun, but I still don't feel confident enough to play real humans yet! Would be far too embarrassing :p

Souls

Official Helper
Skeleton King is pretty well known as a Diablo 2 boss, which may or may not be coming out in Heroes Of The Storm (blizzard dota), so they're changing him to Wraith King for convenience purposes more than anything

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
which level of diablo 2? i remember corpsefire, blood raven, andariel, countess, the big ass bug, the mage, diablo, mephisto, and baal... was it on the heaven/hell level? can almost remember... been too long. may need to fire d2 back up again.