Dota 2

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So, anybody aware of some of the many recent changes?

Here are some I think are particularly f*cked up...

Burning spears and fury swipes are no longer unique attack modifiers. As if Ursa wasn't OP enough.

Sceptre upgrade on chain frost now gives unlimited bounces. (try stacking on ancient camps).

Razor strength gain is much greater, so he is much tankier late game.

Silencer intel gain increased from 2.1 to 3. Wow.

Some good ones though. Check out tusk's snowball now. Pipe got a nice buff. +4 HP regen aura (gives user +12 now instead of +11).

www.dota2.com/springcleaning/

They still need to remove sniper from the game. Or just nerf him. Make him support. Much less damage, no headshot, instead have armour reduction on targets like desolator (-2/-3/-4/-5 armour reductions), assassinate does half damage but mini stuns and slows. I wish lol.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Ursa isn't OP at all, he's one of the easiest heroes to predict and kite because of it.

Ancient thing got fixed.

Razor is an anti carry, he works fine with the strength gain as he doesn't pose much dmg unless you give it to him.

Sniper doesn't need to be removed AT all. He's absolutely horrible in the carry role. He has **** movespeed, has no form of reliable stun/escape and is squishy as hell. All you need to do is wrap around to kill him instantly and he's gone. I personally play him more in a support role with a force staff and a MoM for cheap mini stuns.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah but thats only true if the skill level of the plyers is high enough. If you actually pick to counter. If your supports actually use wards and dust. If people are coordinated enough during a team fight to disable/nuke/hit the right players. Good luck wrapping around sniper during a teamfight when he is 1200 units away. Unless you run from razor, he is gonna get that damage regardless of the disables (which are usually going to slow the heck out of you). The point is they are just too easy to win with in all but the top 10% skill levels.

Sniper is just an ass. How is it fun trying to get last hits in a lane against him? While he simultaneously gets last hits, denies, and harrasses the **** out of you? And you can barely touch him.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
haha, get in a higher skill bracket then :p You can't use pubs being stupid as a valid argument Timtadams. Surely that doesn't make the heroes broken, it just makes the users stupid?

And you don't wrap around DURING a teamfight, you wrap around before. Most teamfights have a buildup to them and you can guess where people are gonna be lurking far away i.e. Sand kings/Warlocks/Snipers etc. Heroes like weaver and huskar are amazing at wrapping around and causing havoc in the backlines.

Razor's only good skill is that link, so it's not like you're gonna just ignore it or take it lightly. A well timed force staff from a teammate will usually break that link.

Sniper has REALLY **** last hit damage at the start. Any melee hero with a quelling blade can out lasthit him and most ranged heroes actually. Any support can basically zone him out of the lane if they're any good (i'm talking safe lane for you, not the sniper).

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I wish I had the time to get good at the game :(
level 17 I think and i've had the game since early beta days.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure pubs represent the vast majority of games, so maybe it is a valid reason? And when certain heroes have to be banned from professional tournaments, maybe it's not so perfect?

Many of you play ability draft? I hoped for such a game mode since playing LoD with friends, but didn't actually think they would do it. Some sweet builds to play with. Today I thought mirana arrow and hookshot would make a good combo, and it did, the one time I landed it in the fog. To bad the rest of the game was just being utterly dominated :D

Yang

Harvester
man the new changes are ****ed up.... ursa way to op now....morbid mask gg same with huskar

sniper's always been **** though