Cheating solos

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Dosnt matter if it is allowed or not, its abuse tactics, there is no diffrence between if a friend trigger or an enemy of the attacker triggering since the result is the same.

Unfortunately it does make a difference. Legally, the ingame definition makes a big difference as to whether or not it's mutual. I don't agree with that, and i think many players don't like it but it's a tough reality to live with with this game. Although the suggestions by CFalcon make AR triggering a thing of the past.

And as for that comment WildDisease: Solo is eminently playable without resorting to such tactics, i've managed solo several times in my 'so called' career, playing as POMs/Rangers/SO-SA/Puppets so it's eminently doable. And many other far more skilled players than I have managed to play solo efficiently, and effectively without having to resort to those tactics. Solo isn't meant to be invulnerable.... just like you're not invulnerable in an alliance.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I've heard grumblings about these particular solos from several people so far. If they are who I think they are then it isn't the first time, either.

If it's who I think it is (badforu), he's supposed to be perma-banned.

Solos do this for a reason.. The current protection put in place for them is not reasonably enough D:

Only if you're a rubbish player.

Yeah I thought it was Badforu/AD.

Also, if solos think that AR isn't good enough then you know what the solution is. Don't go solo.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
I dont see why you're all so upset about this.. Its a tactic in the game, just like spys. Just like all tactics it takes knowledge to successfully pull off an AR trigger, in the same way it takes knowledge to know what to look for to prevent one. You missed the AR trigger mob and now ur upset because you wasted time and money, I understand and all but its just really lame.

Just appreciate the learning experience and hope you dont make the same mistake. The game doesnt need to be dumbed down so just anyone can play it well. Ive been away for a long time, but im glad AR trigger still works.. Mostly because its fun watching you all ***** about nothing, but also because if I had the chance id use it again..

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I dont see why you're all so upset about this.. Its a tactic in the game, just like spys. Just like all tactics it takes knowledge to successfully pull off an AR trigger, in the same way it takes knowledge to know what to look for to prevent one. You missed the AR trigger mob and now ur upset because you wasted time and money, I understand and all but its just really lame.

I beg to differ, it takes next to zero knowledge to pull off an AR trigger. Unless you happen to be a dribbling neanderthal knuckle dragger, in which case you can't send a mob to trigger appropriately. The fact remains that AR triggering is a pain in the arse for proper players. There are some tactics which were once acceptable and are now banned (Powerblocking for example); one can only hope that deliberate AR triggering follows the same evolutionary path as the dodo bird.

Moving on, how exactly do you look to 'prevent an event completely out of your control which results in some arsewipe triggering against your mob on ATF1.' If you have some mind control technique which works through the internet i'd be most intrigued to subscribe to your newsletter and possibly send you a cheque to acquire your techniques.

Just appreciate the learning experience and hope you dont make the same mistake. The game doesnt need to be dumbed down so just anyone can play it well. Ive been away for a long time, but im glad AR trigger still works.. Mostly because its fun watching you all ***** about nothing, but also because if I had the chance id use it again..

Don't make the same mistake? By that you mean "don't send at a solo who gets people to trigger on him?" I hope you're kidding. I shouldn't have to avoid hitting targets simply because he bends the rules and abuses loopholes to prevent a landgrab. The game doesn't have to be 'dumbed down' as you so ineptly put it so that people can't trigger on other people. This is hardly what i'd call dumbing down since it doesn't require any intelligence to begin with. All you need is a mob slot, troops and two people (or a multi).

I appreciate that you're a long time user of the game and certainly played a lot 'back in the day' but if you are a frequent user of 'AR triggering' I can only say that while you are welcome back to the game, i'm glad i never knew you before and certainly glad i won't make any effort to make your acquaintance in the future. AR triggering is just pathetic. If you can't play solo properly, then go play with with your barbie dolls and watch Teletubbies.

i can only hope you got confused between someone triggering AR on themselves, and a third party deliberately triggering AR on the attacker at the request of the defender.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester

I beg to differ, it takes next to zero knowledge to pull off an AR trigger. Unless you happen to be a dribbling neanderthal knuckle dragger, in which case you can't send a mob to trigger appropriately. The fact remains that AR triggering is a pain in the arse for proper players. There are some tactics which were once acceptable and are now banned (Powerblocking for example); one can only hope that deliberate AR triggering follows the same evolutionary path as the dodo bird.

Moving on, how exactly do you look to 'prevent an event completely out of your control which results in some arsewipe triggering against your mob on ATF1.' If you have some mind control technique which works through the internet i'd be most intrigued to subscribe to your newsletter and possibly send you a cheque to acquire your techniques.

Don't make the same mistake? By that you mean "don't send at a solo who gets people to trigger on him?" I hope you're kidding. I shouldn't have to avoid hitting targets simply because he bends the rules and abuses loopholes to prevent a landgrab. The game doesn't have to be 'dumbed down' as you so ineptly put it so that people can't trigger on other people. This is hardly what i'd call dumbing down since it doesn't require any intelligence to begin with. All you need is a mob slot, troops and two people (or a multi).

I appreciate that you're a long time user of the game and certainly played a lot 'back in the day' but if you are a frequent user of 'AR triggering' I can only say that while you are welcome back to the game, i'm glad i never knew you before and certainly glad i won't make any effort to make your acquaintance in the future. AR triggering is just pathetic. If you can't play solo properly, then go play with with your barbie dolls and watch Teletubbies.

i can only hope you got confused between someone triggering AR on themselves, and a third party deliberately triggering AR on the attacker at the request of the defender.

Pain in the arse for real players?? Shouldnt have to?? Thats just lazy mate, he isnt bending the rules (If there has been put in place a rule that says its not allowed since my absence then I appologise, otherwise hes well in his rights of protecting himself).

I never said it takes intelligence mate, I said "knowledge".. All he has to do is know that if he doesnt have enough to defend then try for an AR trigger. Not everyone would think to do that, only experienced players or experienced players friends.

The solution is to recall and find another target or recall and wait until he is offline. How do you make something so simple, so complicated?

Sure its a pain in the ass, and by all means ***** about it endlessly.. Nothing will come of your *****ing so you may as well just find another way around it, huh?

Edit:
By the way some of the greatest players to grace this game have used this very tactic probably some you look up to, so your disgust towards the idea of me using it really does nothing for me.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
asking someone to trigger AR on you constitutes mutual attacking. That is not permitted by the EULA. Hard to prove? Yes. Dirty trick? Yes. Bending the rules? No. Breaking the rules? Yes. Sheer laziness on the part of a solo too incompetent to manage their AR? Also yes.

Apology accepted.

This is a gripe so i will ***** and moan about it as much as i please :p Just as you're free to ridicule that. However this sort of thing *should* be prohibited and there are at least two easy acceptable solutions as presented above. Also having to 'avoid targets' because they're cheating isn't what i'd term laziness. They're breaking the rules and that sort of thing should not be permitted in my humble opinion. If you want to 'boost your AR' to protect yourself, leave some troops home and take a landhit; then you've got a nice cosy AR, lower score so you can hit more targets and you had an opportunity to get rid of some extra score (read unwanted troops) that was deadweight, so to speak. There are better ways of boosting your AR than inviting someone to trigger on your attacker. That is just pure lame.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
asking someone to trigger AR on you constitutes mutual attacking. That is not permitted by the EULA. Hard to prove? Yes. Dirty trick? Yes. Bending the rules? No. Breaking the rules? Yes. Sheer laziness on the part of a solo too incompetent to manage their AR? Also yes.

Apology accepted.

Fair enough, I dont understand why mutual attacking would be outlawed, but you seem well informed so ill take your word for it. Learn something everyday.

Knowing that I wouldnt use it, im not a dirty player and neither were any of us when we were all using it. No matter the tactic as long as its legal it should be utalised. Chances are if everyones *****ing about it, its a good one.

I saw a thread where people were *****ing about spys, so I was a bit over all the pointless whining.

Anyway my point about finding another way is still valid, people are going to exploit loopholes and I dont know about you but id rather not read a million "OMG CHEATING *******!" threads.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well tis fair enough. My career doesn't stretch far enough back to remember the Wild West days full of banditry and exploitation ;) I'm not *that* well informed, just about certain subjects that are what might be called pet peeves of mine lol.

Triggering isn't illegal if it's not mutually agreed upon which is where the irritation comes in. It's next to bloody impossible to prove that it's mutual which leads to intense frustration amongst many players when it's bloody well obvious it's mutual but you just can't prove it. It's less of a '*******s they're cheating damn them' as a 'goddamnit i know they're cheating, i just can't prove and thus they're getting away scot free' kind of feeling. A somewhat subtle difference i know but it's just a big pain in the ass. The kind of pain that makes you stay up til way late at night just to zero the ****er ;)

There is loads of pointless whining here and fair enough you jumped on what you saw as more of it :p My apologies for jumping on you in return for that ;) Temper temper :( And i kind of like gripe threads, they're fun and provide endless entertainment seeing as how it's 1 AM and i'm here arguing it out lol.

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
Dont even worry about it mate, it was entertaining for a bit there and I learnt something. What more could ya ask for? haha

Yes, its disqusting to see them of anyone to moan about this.

And Silence should know better that going away from computer when attacking a high ranked solo is almost a certain death in some cases. I dont know how many times I have last ticked an attack. He could easily have avoided his suicide on the sas if his stayed online during all atf3.atf2,atf1. But I guess he was certain that noone was gonna trigger on him or nothing new was gonna happen.

So yes, he did a mistake when not being online. I know that when attacking a suspious player I stay online during all ticks. I think this goes for attacking alliance members too. You never go away from computer when attacking someone in the top.

Its simple to avoid. And well its always fun when it happens to someone else than yourself. especially the uberleets, shows that they are not better than anyone else.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
And Silence should know better that going away from computer when attacking a high ranked solo is almost a certain death in some cases. I dont know how many times I have last ticked an attack. He could easily have avoided his suicide on the sas if his stayed online during all atf3.atf2,atf1. But I guess he was certain that noone was gonna trigger on him or nothing new was gonna happen.

Silence didn't suicide on SAS, OK? OK. Someone triggered SAS on his attack but he DOES know better than going afk when attacking so saw the SAS and recalled. OK!

Tombi

Harvester
Look outside teh boxxxxx

Solos do this for a reason.. The current protection put in place for them is not reasonably enough D:

Again i believe this is completely and utterly wrong. Solos have ar that protects them from Overwhelming attacks, if somebody has calculated well they will send just enough to kill/block his or her target without triggering ar on him or her. Therefor triggering on purpose is utter pain that should be combated by banning anyplayers caught doing it period, whether or not it was on purpose it would combat the problem

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

As polo said i think he saw the SAS and recalled, thus creating this gripe. BUT i doubt he would have minded too much if he had died, prob getting a bit boring up there already! ;)

I think the point of the gripe was not that he died/didnt land, more that AR triggering like this even if it isnt against the rules (not going into the whole mutual attacking/random AR triggering etc) is just a pretty low thing to do...

its not a low thing to do, I would do it too to my enemies so they would waste time,cash,troops,get frustrated, anything basically so my enemies would be come less. And since this is allowed, its nothing more lame than being in an alliance or 2 alliances attackin one alliance if you ask me. Its wargame and any bashing,ar triggering is part of this. Just accept it. Dont call it cheat or abuse when it is allowed. Thats lame and noobish.

I have got this over me, I know it is legal so therefor I have accepted it althou i moaned about this when it happened to me. But now its ok. OK

And yes I still know that mutual triggering is not allowed. but ffs you cant prove it so stop speaking about plis.

I can even compare this to farming bots. Stupid easy to attack them which I think is lame and abusive, almost cheating.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
lol, almost cheating attacking bots? HA!

But yeah its only illegal if its mutual BUT in most cases it is mutual. Not provable (rarely) i know but its still cheating and therefore "low". If you multi but dont get caught its still cheating, if you account share and dont get caught its still cheating...this (in most cases) is mutual attacking, just cos people dont get caught its still cheating...

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Well true, one round I was bored and spied around, noticed 2 high ranking players where using some solo group as vamp-farms, to get free Let-flak I suppose. They had probably done so a long time. Well I started sending a single SA a tick behind the big guys mobs.... hillarity ensued as a number of times SAS showed up 2. tick and killed the vamps, after 4 or 5 times they stopped sending...

Now I don't know who the solos was, I just did it to mess up the lives of the big vamps. If this was to be made illegal, I wouldn't miss it. But just remember, all triggering is not mutually agreed.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Its wargame and any bashing,ar triggering is part of this. Just accept it.

Yep, and if you can't accept it, you can always go into sleeeeeep mode :$

Can't even remember how many threads have been made like this and nothing got done...

:/

Yep, very sad. Not just that, but Azzer not locking people for breaking the mutual attack rule is even worse.

ZigZag

Harvester
I know at one time it was brought up that if someone triggered AR on a player that SAS or government defense would only attack the one that triggered. Leaving the original attacker alone. To me this seems like the easiest way to solve the problem.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
On the subject of cheating solos, I'd also like to draw attention to a solo puppet player just inside the top 100 who is constantly troop trading with two other solos, one of whom was previously his pnap and is now sending eta 4 mobs of prots at him so he can bribe them, and the other who is about 10% of his score and is sending mobs at him so he can retal and bribe both on attack and defence.