Bushtarion Server down

Ezekiel

Harvester
The server is up like 99.9% of the time - no server provides 100% uptime - but the one that hosts bushtarion comes damn close.

This is one of the most reliable games I've ever played. Agreed it isn't ideal when this kind of thing happens and a handful of people lose troops as a result, but it almost never does so I don't really see what there is to complain about.

I'm pretty sure unfairly losing once is once to many. I personally don't have a problem, it is just a game, and an unforunate accident, but it's wrong to tell these people to get over it, they have more than enough grounds to ask for some form of compensation, even if it's just triple insurance for those brs or something.

wumpy

Digger
when bush has gone down in the past, for whatever reason, azzer used to stop the ticks, give the player base an update on what happened, and set a restart time about 30 mins or so from when it went back up. what i want to know is why didnt any of this happen this time, and why is there still no update to the playerbase.

the only difference i can see is that he used to care about this game

if he did care, then he would reimburse those players who got screwed with game cash for their losses. hasnt happened yet, and doesnt look like its going to happen either

what if this had an effect on who might win the round? i think it would be treated entirely differently... but as it stands, azzer just says meh to the poor few who lost all their troops

weeble, if you're the official face to face person between bush admin team and the community, why havent you posted some in-game information about it? having this happen in this way is bad enough, but when you get no communication, what else are you to believe, besides that no-one cares?

Changer

Head Gardener
if he did care, then he would reimburse those players who got screwed with game cash for their losses. hasnt happened yet, and doesnt look like its going to happen either

As has already been said, he has no way of doing this fairly.
What i someone wasnt online, and would have died regardless...

what if this had an effect on who might win the round? i think it would be treated entirely differently... but as it stands, azzer just says meh to the poor few who lost all their troops

I doubt it would make a difference when it happened tbh

weeble, if you're the official face to face person between bush admin team and the community, why havent you posted some in-game information about it? having this happen in this way is bad enough, but when you get no communication, what else are you to believe, besides that no-one cares?

Fair point, there should have been some ingame communication about the error.

Tombi

Harvester
I'd Just like to point out that I spent £1,300 on gamecash yesterday and just as before the sever crashed i got incoming, I DEMAND A REFUND

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If Azzer backed anything up it'd be rankings, not land/troops of every player in the game. Backing up that much information would likely take up a huge amount of space, and it'd only be useful for the off-chance that something like this happens again. And as Alci said, how often does the server bomb?

Ticks already stop once the server loses connection to the internet. This time, that safeguard failed because the server only lost part of its connection - to the players. It went on to tick a few more times because it was still connected. How you can lay the blame for this on anyone is beyond me. Nothing could have prevented it from happening. Even if mobs were recalled once connection was lost, those BRs would still have happened.

IMO you're asking for compensation for an accident that could not have been avoided.

Far more eloquently and accurately than i could have posted. Truth has been spoken!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
They have a right to be angry - I think a lot of you can agree that Bush is slightly more than a 'game' to some people. They put in a lot of dedication and time, they got screwed over. They want somebody to blame, and in many cases it could have been avoided had all mobs been recalled (yes, it ticked some when it was down, but only a couple. Other mobs could have and should have been recalled).

Souls

Official Helper
Saying mobs should be recalled still wouldn't have made a difference. The mobs would have been recalled AFTER the ticks that bush was unavailable to players, once it lost all connection. Damage would still have been done and you'd all be sitting here singing a different song.

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Souls, the server came up only 3 minutes before the tick. Those people would have been saved, those people who had ETA 1 mobs and had to go offline because they had to work, go to school, whatever would have been saved. Same for ETA 2,3,4,5.

That was my point - Hope that's clear now.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Why are people QQing so much about losing some troops? Stop being scorequeens.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Hourly backups (or any-rate backup) are highly infeasible. The time it'd take to dump all tables related to a player, their score, their units, acres, seeds, plants, etc would be fairly huge, resulting in massive tick lags at various intervals, which would detriment from the game entirely.

As has been said time and time again, the recent downtime was nothing to do with the Bushtarion hardware, but the data-centre the server is housed in. It's unfortunate that connections were momentarily severed resulting in the loss of units, but it's nigh-on impossible for anything to be done at this stage to rectify those losses. Sad, but unfortunately true. Anyone could claim that they had lost more than they had, or would've lost more than they did if this and that. In-game units will not be reimbursed.

You have a good point. Currently Azzer is the only 'game admin', and as such only he has access to the in-game news controls. At the present time I'm merely a messenger for him regarding this incident, and can only tell you (on the forums) what he's told me.

wumpy

Digger

As has already been said, he has no way of doing this fairly.
What i someone wasnt online, and would have died regardless...

I doubt it would make a difference when it happened tbh

Fair point, there should have been some ingame communication about the error.

i dont see why its so hard for azzer to give a cash bonus to the same value of troops they lost on that tic, minus insurance. whats fairer, doing that, or having the server kick back in straight away with 3 minutes to go before EOT?

youre right, it wouldnt have made a difference to who wins this round, but what if it happened a few weeks ago before the round was won? azzers response still would've been the same, but the outrage wouldve been 1000x and maybe he wouldve cared and done something about it

Souls

Official Helper
Anyone that infers that Azzer doesn't care about his job, business, and sole source of income is just plain ignorant. :(

wumpy

Digger

do u think anyone would play this game if they didnt like losing troops? its part of the game... losing them this way is another matter

what about someone that used gamecash for their lost troops? its bye bye gamecash. thanks for coming, and thanks for the memories

Anyone that infers that Azzer doesn't care about his job, business, and sole source of income is just plain ignorant. :(

show me how he has cared about what happened yesterday

go on, show me

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

do u think anyone would play this game if they didnt like losing troops? its part of the game... losing them this way is another matter

what about someone that used gamecash for their lost troops? its bye bye gamecash. thanks for coming, and thanks for the memories

People shouldn't spend their money on gamecash, imo. :p

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
i dont see why its so hard for azzer to give a cash bonus to the same value of troops they lost on that tic, minus insurance. whats fairer, doing that, or having the server kick back in straight away with 3 minutes to go before EOT?

Anyone could claim that they had lost more than they had, or would've lost more than they did if this and that. In-game units will not be reimbursed.
It's not possible to determine who lost what solely due to the server being unavailable. There are so many factors at play here that the inaccessible server can only be counted as one of many - and one reason is not enough for someone to be given a cash bonus equal to the amount of troops they may have lost due to the server ticking 3 minutes after becoming available again.