Bushtarion Server down

Bruce666

Harvester
When the bush server went down today during a time where mediocrity had incomings from rank 1 Grandes Cajones, we lost a couple ticks in the starting and stopping, and were unable too recall defences as well as get people too send out as the server kept crashing.

This is not for me personally as i lost nothing but for people not just in the alliance i am in but lots of people lost a lot of troops due too the games glitch

I personally believe the game should be rolled back, or AT LEAST the people who lost troops because of the game glitch should be reimbursed for their losses.

id like too hear positive feedback but most of all i would like azzer too do something about this as soon as he is available

Thank you

Bruce

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
last i understood it, there was no way to efficiently reimburse players for their losses.

My sympathies to those who lost troops, but I don't think there'll be much that can, or will, be done for them.

Server crashes ftl.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
All mobs should have been recalled upon the server going up, as has been done in the past (iirc). Unfair to many that they weren't.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
As Alci says, there's not really much that can be done. The Bush server has checks in place to determine if it still has a connection to the rest of the net - if not, it stops ticking. In this case, it seems as if the server has lost connection gradually, players first and then the rest of the net, so it's ticked a few more times before stopping.

Unfortunately nothing can be done to reimburse players for losses lost in this manner :(

The server didn't crash, the switches in the data centre simply failed meaning it was cut off from the rest of the network, and thus no system reset/reboot needed.

doctorsinsila

Digger
in that case this game is hopeless. it doesn't have any future.
when u put some effort and shitloads of your time, and still being ****ed like that, there's not much of interest left..

/me out

gl every1.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
How is that hopeless? Connections to the server were lost and within 10-20 minutes it had stopped ticking all-together. A few hours later when connections were restored, ticks were reactivated.
It's unfortunate if you lost units due to those two ticks, or by not being around when connections were restored, but it's not really something you can blame the server on. It's the same situation as if you have a powercut - yes you may lose units but you knew that risk when you sent the attack.

Bruce666

Harvester
He wasnt attacking, he was being attacked, if you cannot have a chance too send out, Thats not fair, if your attacking then theirs no come back, But sim,ply too not be able too send out, you should be able too have some comeback as the server came back online with literally 2-3 mins too get him online and we had no chance:/

Davs

Garden Designer
in that case this game is hopeless. it doesn't have any future.
when u put some effort and shitloads of your time, and still being ****ed like that, there's not much of interest left..

/me out

gl every1.

because it's clearly impossible to rebuild your losses in 30 days before the round ends...

Yes it's irritating when a technical problem screws things over, but there's nothing anyone can do about it. You just have to accept that sometimes things in life piss you off and move on.

Were I in your position I'd laugh about it, but oh well.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
He wasnt attacking, he was being attacked, if you cannot have a chance too send out, Thats not fair, if your attacking then theirs no come back, But sim,ply too not be able too send out, you should be able too have some comeback as the server came back online with literally 2-3 mins too get him online and we had no chance:/

DrS wasnt home first tick.
Only that Jam dude was still defending him first tick.

DrS returned for middle tick so you actually had 12-13 minutes to get him on.
Changer managed to get me on within 45 seconds.

Rollback = no.
Annoying = yes.

deathscythe

Weeder
I'm sorry twigs, not all of us are lifeless being such as yourself, we also have other things to do in life. Forgive us of our trying to be alive.

Yes, technical difficulties are a factor in life and if you are running a business and your internal netwerk dies you indeed are in deep ****. Why? because it's real life. Bush however is not, it is a GAME and the responsebility from the game owned is to ensure it is FAIR. I vote for a reboot not for my personal advantage in this matter, in fact if somehow changer and dennis utterly died there I would STILL demand a reset or an other solution.

Why is it you ask?
Because, the way things went now people who spent days working their ass of lost stuff WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO DO **** ABOUT IT due to the technical malfunctioning. If these peopel all of a sudden die this way and they get no message from the owner or a message that he 'just wouldn't care' (not saying he doesn't) they will give the game a finger and quit. With the declining playerbase you should agree that, that isn't something you would want.
This situation is ENTIRELY different from when someone gets attacks, gets pranked but doesn't get online and dies. That person had a fair amount of time to get online but couldn't.

So what do I suggest?
First of all, Azzer has to post a message (this is a MUST I know he isn't a peoples person but he DOES need to show involvement in this matter!) with what happened and just stupidly tell people it's fixed and all.
Secondly, he has to give something to the people who lost stuff (who weren't online! peopel who were online DID have a shot at recalling!), seeing the game has ticked a serious amount of ticks since the breakdown a reset now is no longer an option. So the best solution would be funds equal to the staff they lost minus the insurance they have already recieved.

Disagree with me all you like, but for the sake of keeping players around something DOES have to be done

cb1202

Head Gardener
Perhaps from now on when server crashes all mobs are instantly returned home?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I'm sorry twigs, not all of us are lifeless being such as yourself, we also have other things to do in life. Forgive us of our trying to be alive.

I wasnt even online, i just have a phone with net on and if i wanted to, i could of walked to a pc within 5 minutes.

Personally insulting me because i disagree with you is ... well ill let you think what it is.
Thinking you know my life and making comments on it makes you the lifeless one. I mean is that the best you can come up with?
Should we all just agree so we dont get insulted?

Also Azzer doesn't have to do anything, and imo he wont.

Changer

Head Gardener
Im gonna relate this to another game. Football. Henry handled the ball, did the game reset? No. **** happens, I doubt anything is going to be done about it now. Sorry.

deathscythe

Weeder
Personally insulting me because i disagree with you is ... well ill let you think what it is.
Thinking you know my life and making comments on it makes you the lifeless one. I mean is that the best you can come up with?

Sarcasme is so hard to understand nowadays, also if I intended on insulting you I indeed would have to come up with something better or even more text but I didn't because I don't fancy wasting the rest of the post in the process.

This will result in quite a bit of quiters if you ask me, don't think he wants that.

Changer

Head Gardener
Idd, that is what should have happened. But I dont see anyway of reimbursing everyone that suffered during the time it dropped out. Unless azzer literally went through every single ID individually...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Sarcasme is so hard to understand nowadays, also if I intended on insulting you I indeed would have to come up with something better or even more text but I didn't because I don't fancy wasting the rest of the post in the process.

That was sarcasm?
I think it must of been the language barrier because it wasn't sarcasm.

This will result in quite a bit of quiters if you ask me, don't think he wants that.

* rage quitters.
And who?
1 person?

Nobody is going to quit over it.
Just empty threats and hot air to make Azzer do it.
And he knows it and has seen all the threats before.

deathscythe

Weeder
I don't have over 1,2k post so forgive me for now knowing how to multiqoute as well as you ;)

That was sarcasm?
Do I have to tell you again? [Note: this can also be concidered as sarcasm]

And who? 1 person?

Reading skills are your friends <3

Nobody is going to quit over it.
Just empty threats and hot air to make Azzer do it.
And he knows it and is laughing at you.

Not showing involvement at the least will make peopel think he doesn't give a ****. Playerbase with such a thing set in mind will not dedicate themselves to the game.

But if we continue this way this thread will become more of a flame thread so in which case Azzer will indeed laugh at us for being total morons, so let's behave as adults now shall we?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I don't have over 1,2k post so forgive me for now knowing how to multiqoute as well as you ;)

Again you take it as an insult but i was actually wondering how to multi quote you fool.

And who? 1 person?

Reading skills are your friends <3

No, that was a question that didnt need answering.
I only see 1 person actually threatening to quit.
Who is this "ppl" you talk of?
Also i dont think anyone will quit you are just raging.
You said they would quit over this incident implying it's from your alliance.
So who?
Or u just gonna keep using words like "playerbase" when you know damn well NONE of your alliance are going to quit over this game if you dont get some troops back.

If you even look instead of just seeing "Twigley" and thinking i am always against stuff, you will see i havn't said i dont think it should be set back.
I just said i dont think it will.
I dont think its fair you lost some troops and giving you some back would be all nice and dandy but i just dont think it will happen.

Next time try to reply to what people are saying in their actual text rather than just seeing a name and opening your reposnses with a flame.

We're not all against you.