BugJam 2014

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Right, so I don't know how many of you in the UK actually enjoy the festival circuit - But I live next to Santa Pod Raceway (the second largest drag racing strip in the UK next to Rockingham Raceway), and it's home to the world's first VW festival that's been going since the 80's. It's a brilliant time, and I have been going myself since I was 13. This year saw a record-breaking attendance, and it's growing every single year by a very substantial amount (and the price is not).

So, the proposal is as thus:

Bushmeet is a foolish concept that is now fairly redundant as people have lives and whatnot - But integrate it into something you already want to enjoy (that is extremely cheap, I will hasten to add), and you have something that instantly outshines going to the pub for a day, or visiting London for the day. This way, you can opt to camp in your own group, or you can join my group (I'm involved with the organisers of the festival, so it's mostly a work camping group that gets to do whatever they like) - But I can guarantee you will enjoy the weekend irrespective of what you choose to do in terms of campsite and what you want to do with your weekend as a whole. Heck, if you want to get in for free in exchange for working the Friday/Saturday (it's also paid work, I'll add), then I can accommodate for that too.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'll also add that my 'internet persona' is very different to me as a person, so I'd strive to say don't be put off by that :p

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
3rexvt.jpg

Stevey

Pruner
Paid work sounds good to me, and drag racing is always fun. Early days, but if you get enough people interested in coming along, i will very much be in. How much would it cost for someone not interested in paid work?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Paid work sounds good to me, and drag racing is always fun. Early days, but if you get enough people interested in coming along, i will very much be in. How much would it cost for someone not interested in paid work?

Without a vee dub it's £85, but with one it's £60. I'll happily offer you a lift if you're interested enough in coming along, and if not many others take it up I'll be able to sort you a cheaper ticket.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I'll also add that my 'internet persona' is very different to me as a person, so I'd strive to say don't be put off by that :p
You mean you have a BIGGER ego in real life? :p [/joke]

Something like this sounds like a cool idea though... when is it being held?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
You mean you have a BIGGER ego in real life? :p [/joke]

Something like this sounds like a cool idea though... when is it being held?

http://www.bugjam.co.uk/index.php

You'll have to excuse the awesome website editing and updating (see, if they'd have hired me for that...) - But it's the same weekend of every year, and the prices don't really inflate (maybe £5 will be added, but the advance tickets may well remain at the same cost).

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
For a car festival that's actually quite a decent selection of 'stuff' going on alongside it !
Very tempting...

Well as I say, I personally rate it as one of the best value for money festivals left in this country, where there are enough people to wander around and meet and have a good time. It's a jovial enough environment to arrange to meet a few Bushtarion people where if needs be they can go off and have a good time by themselves if that's what they would prefer!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I might just be able to swing this.

If you actually manage this, you will inspire massive faith in this gathering :p

That being said, I'll have a great weekend whatever happens - I'm just seeing if others will want to share that or not :p

d00ner

Pruner
Been at the last 2 bugjams, along with most other events at pod. My friend runs a drag car in sportman e.t, so you will normally find me on the start line trying in vain to keep him (and his heavy right foot)from overheating the tyres on the burn out.