Big Boy Bounties

zhouj

Harvester
It isn't affecting 6 people. There might be 6 targets which are profitable, but you can still rush other targets for a slight loss but still get loads of bounty, which makes the bounty hunter stat a joke imo.

And it also affects all the people who can do the RPG rushing, which is far more than 6 people.

And it indirectly affects everyone who CAN'T do the RPG rushing, since they have to work a lot harder than nooby RPG players to get the same amount of bounty.
I'll rephrase:
- It only effects 6 people negatively as being profitable targets (the main issue for most)...
- It may effect RPG players by giving them 'extra' reason to do some rushing on the top...
- It may effect other non-rpg players no differently than saying "OMG, I'm a PoM player and I don't get night-time bonuses like the Fantasy route". RPG route is an agressive route yet weak in defence, always has been, and this just adds to the nature of the route...
- It may make it considerably easier to do well on the Bounty Hunter stat (for those people that look at it)...

However it also encourages attacks on those at the top, and is better for the game as a whole!

This is a ridiculous argument. On one hand, you attempt to minimize the negative aspects by quantifying it as "minimal" but want to make the illusory claim that "However it also encourages attacks on those at the top, and is better for the game as a whole!"

Even if we take that as true (making BH a joke is not better for the game), it's only fair to similarly quantify the results. If it only really affects six people as you claim, then your claimed benefits are equally negligible. You can't have it both ways.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It doesn't really matter how few or many people it affects. In my opinion it is still a horrible flaw in the system. It completely imbalances the way bounty hunting works, giving anyone with RPGs or SAs a ridiculous advantage over anyone else. They already had an advantage for bounty hunting to start with, with RPGs firing so early and doing awesome damage, and SAs being stealth.

Also consider that the top ranks, the main people who will be vulnerable to adrenaline rushes, also tend to have rather large bounties anyway. The two are practically mutually interchangable. And as I've said, even if people don't make profit from it, I'm sure there will be plenty of people doing it just to improve their bounty ranking or for a bit of cheap H/F.

This is a horrible change and I'm astonished that so few people can see it. It reduces any value of skill, which apparently is being systemically eradicated already, and rewards stupid, suicidal attacks. Any moron with a few RPGs can just repeatedly suicide for bounty and, hey presto! rank 1 BH!

AR triggering at the top only affected a few people, but it was still enough to get Azzer to change the rules.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It doesn't really matter how few or many people it affects. In my opinion it is still a horrible flaw in the system. It completely imbalances the way bounty hunting works, giving anyone with RPGs or SAs a ridiculous advantage over anyone else. They already had an advantage for bounty hunting to start with, with RPGs firing so early and doing awesome damage, and SAs being stealth.

Also consider that the top ranks, the main people who will be vulnerable to adrenaline rushes, also tend to have rather large bounties anyway. The two are practically mutually interchangable. And as I've said, even if people don't make profit from it, I'm sure there will be plenty of people doing it just to improve their bounty ranking or for a bit of cheap H/F.

This is a horrible change and I'm astonished that so few people can see it. It reduces any value of skill, which apparently is being systemically eradicated already, and rewards stupid, suicidal attacks. Any moron with a few RPGs can just repeatedly suicide for bounty and, hey presto! rank 1 BH!

AR triggering at the top only affected a few people, but it was still enough to get Azzer to change the rules.

I already had this convo IRL with a friend, and you're bang on - It encourages poor effort for decent awards, which sucks.
Maybe it should behave like the previous bounty concept - You repeat attack and the bounty is worth near-nothing? Just a thought.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

I already had this convo IRL with a friend, and you're bang on - It encourages poor effort for decent awards, which sucks.
Maybe it should behave like the previous bounty concept - You repeat attack and the bounty is worth near-nothing? Just a thought.

it is like that. except the 2.5 multiplier comes in after the bounty calc. so reduction for one unit type, reduction for a repeat attack too may happen, and eventually after all that is calced and the fraction of the % of bounty available is calculated. so that 76% could become more like 15%. problem is it is then multiplied by 2.5 afterwards. Also repeat attack counter cool down isnt long enough for it to dramatically help.

it at least stops some one sending an attack every 90minutes though which is what it could be otherwise.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I apologise if I've come over as arrogant, that was never my intention. I think that some of the other irritating dickwands on this forum must have rubbed off on me, and I certainly don't wish to sink to their level.

*slaps self*

I don't really know you (and i find it sad that people i don't know seem to know me), but alot of the newer and let's say ... not so clued up members of the player base ... have a go at me all the time because they jump on the bandwagon.

But flaming me on the forums, in a discussion i am not even involved in kinda shows you why i continue to be so disheartened by the ignorant, jumped-up noobs that have replaced the decent skilled players of the past.

You realise it only makes my ego larger when unknowns like you feel the need to jump on the Flame Twigley Bandwagon. Maybe when you realise that you'll never know as much as I do about this game, and that your flames only make my signature more appropiate, you will finally cease to talk about me.

Sorry if that makes me sound arrogant. All these stuck up nerds are rubbing off on me.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Pranks at 3am are awesome.
Means i fit 1 more fap session in per day :O

Oh wait nobody ever pranks me cos im never offline :(
I prank you but only for sex.

It's funny how the RPG route is now imo just like RPG in CoD, you use it and you get the easy kills and are a n00btuber!

Hats off all you n00btubers!