Big Boy Bounties

Ram

Head Gardener
With the introduction of the big boy bounties this means that people could go against their weak route and still atleast break even if not profit. This needs to be removed or reduced significantly.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I agree. I believe this change is a step in the wrong direction. As it stands you can RPG rush a robo with a bounty with -2 adren rush, lose all your troops and make a hefty profit. I don't believe that should be possible.

Ahead

Head Gardener
Try not getting a red title if it bothers you that much?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I agree. I believe this change is a step in the wrong direction. As it stands you can RPG rush a robo with a bounty with -2 adren rush, lose all your troops and make a hefty profit. I don't believe that should be possible.

I personally don't see this as a problem- why shouldn't they make a bounty profit for doing damage for wanted criminals? I'm sure it can be abused, but everything is in this game... :p I feel that the fun element of it could be worth the drawbacks.

What Alci suggests is a reasonable middle-ground if people really think it is a big problem.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Hmm who is actually going to be "-2'ed"?

I can only see this being a problem for the rank 1 alliance and even then at this point when they have got this big bounty they have already won the round?
If the round was still going and 2 allies where on top they wouldnt have so much bounty cos they'd be hitting around their range and defending and getting the honour.

I cant see people around rank 200/300 hitting the rank 20 - 100 players alot for bounty either as they are normally inactive.

So all i see is that this means more people will be encouragaed to attack rank 1 and deal out some damage. I personally don't see that as a bad thing.

zhouj

Harvester
Not sure how this helps the resistance actually get its act together with organizing...

All that happens are people randomly rushing and occasionally getting retaled. If it had any real effect, it'd just get people called online more and more burnt out.

(But rush away.)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Hmm who is actually going to be "-2'ed"?

I can only see this being a problem for the rank 1 alliance and even then at this point when they have got this big bounty they have already won the round?
If the round was still going and 2 allies where on top they wouldnt have so much bounty cos they'd be hitting around their range and defending and getting the honour.

I cant see people around rank 200/300 hitting the rank 20 - 100 players alot for bounty either as they are normally inactive.

So all i see is that this means more people will be encouragaed to attack rank 1 and deal out some damage. I personally don't see that as a bad thing.

Yeah agreed. I like it.

Like zhouj said it isn't going to help the resistance get organised or anything (which should be completely down to the players anyway IMO) but its a small incentive to maybe hit the rank 1 alliance a bit more.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Aye i highly doubt it would start a resistance.

But it gives the rank 1 some incs and gets people attacing more.

And i sure as hell know from being in the top alliance that it gets boring.

Ezekiel

Harvester
Rank 1 ally makes a thread about a new incentive to help fight off rank 1 when they have run away with the round. Surprise surprise.

zhouj

Harvester
Rank 1 ally makes a thread about a new incentive to help fight of rank 1 when they have run away with the round. Surprise surprise.

When you stop being terrible and stupid, you can proceed to make useful comments.

Ezekiel

Harvester
Rank 1 ally makes a thread about a new incentive to help fight of rank 1 when they have run away with the round. Surprise surprise.

When you stop being terrible and stupid, you can proceed to make useful comments.

About as useful as the opinion of the few people that this 'negatively' affects? And as terrible as the just as obvious reply to the post pointing out the just as obvious thread?

Bounty is a good idea and has created a lot of new opportunities and given people more of a reason to keep playing when the round has been over for so long. The amounts will probably need tweaking but they're not in the wrong ball park.

I don't see how RPG rushing robo is a player attacking their weak route? Don't agree with it affecting the route balance at all.

I just see whining because of comfort zones being challenged.

ok Ram, delete this thread and I'll make a new one identical to it.

H/F Title: Respectable H/F Rating: 11,226.00
Honour: 1,219.70 Fame: 1,256.90

Well then it wouldn't affect you. A RPG played wouldn't get the 134% or whatever is is. They wouldn't break even at all, so they wouldn't do it, so therefore there's no problem.

Last edited:

zhouj

Harvester

About as useful as the opinion of the few people that this 'negatively' affects? And as terrible as the just as obvious reply to the post pointing out the just as obvious thread?

Bounty is a good idea and has created a lot of new opportunities and given people more of a reason to keep playing when the round has been over for so long. The amounts will probably need tweaking but they're not in the wrong ball park.

I don't see how RPG rushing robo is a player attacking their weak route? Don't agree with it affecting the route balance at all.

I just see whining because of comfort zones being challenged.

ok Ram, delete this thread and I'll make a new one identical to it.

H/F Title: Respectable H/F Rating: 11,226.00
Honour: 1,219.70 Fame: 1,256.90

Well then it wouldn't affect you. A RPG played wouldn't get the 134% or whatever is is. They wouldn't break even at all, so they wouldn't do it, so therefore there's no problem.
I see a terrible player thinking it's great because now he can rush with -2 ETA mod and get some easy bounty.

It's a bandaid change to the fundamental flaws of a high intensity game. It further moves the game towards requiring contactability and, while it may lengthen next round, it will probably just burn more people out. Not to mention, it also doesn't really inspire a resistance, especially since resistances should probably happen when your targets aren't at 700% of you.

Uh, a RPG would definitely get the 2.5x boost in bounty if he rushed toby at -2 or the 2.0x boost with -1.

Ezekiel

Harvester
I see a terrible player thinking it's great because now he can rush with -2 ETA mod and get some easy bounty.

Wrong. I haven't sent one rush and I doubt I will, i'm hardly a bounty hunting route/setup. And it's far from easy, with 8+ defenders is it? Only need one defender with some cheap LET flak to ruin it anyway. And use the word terrible as much as you want, even though the only terrible thing in this thread is how predictable it was.
It's a bandaid change to the fundamental flaws of a high intensity game. It further moves the game towards requiring contactability and, while it may lengthen next round, it will probably just burn more people out. Not to mention, it also doesn't really inspire a resistance, especially since resistances should probably happen when your targets aren't at 700% of you.

No. Ranks 2 and 3 already have to be this contactable and this burnt out to defend against a massive rank 1 ally. This means you just have to be as contactable as us. Seems fair.

And we shouldn't resist? Ok why don't we just all delete and let you 20 sit there for the rest of the round then on your own.
Uh, a RPG would definitely get the 2.5x boost in bounty if he rushed toby at -2 or the 2.0x boost with -1.
Without the 67% extra the chance of breaking even or profiting on a suicide run is small. That was the point of that quote. Besides, if i'm getting that big a rush, I don't have anywhere near the troops the target does, so I hardly see it being a massive problem.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I think it's a fine idea. It'll help out ranks 2+ to attack rank 1 early on and make a bit of profit so they can't run away. *Shrugs*

It's not going to lose someone the round mid/late round imo.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
And it's far from easy, with 8+ defenders is it? Only need one defender with some cheap LET flak to ruin it anyway.

RPG sent end of tick with ETA rush -2 appears at eta 1. Wouldn't expect them to have 8 people being able to defend at such a low eta, plus a winning alliance is often inactive, so you can do quite fine.

PS: I like this idea though :p

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Wrong. I haven't sent one rush and I doubt I will, i'm hardly a bounty hunting route/setup. And it's far from easy, with 8+ defenders is it? Only need one defender with some cheap LET flak to ruin it anyway. And use the word terrible as much as you want, even though the only terrible thing in this thread is how predictable it was.

No. Ranks 2 and 3 already have to be this contactable and this burnt out to defend against a massive rank 1 ally. This means you just have to be as contactable as us. Seems fair.

And we shouldn't resist? Ok why don't we just all delete and let you 20 sit there for the rest of the round then on your own.
Without the 67% extra the chance of breaking even or profiting on a suicide run is small. That was the point of that quote. Besides, if i'm getting that big a rush, I don't have anywhere near the troops the target does, so I hardly see it being a massive problem.

Can I just make something clear before you start an arguement with zhouj, he cannot accept anybody elses opinion, and is always right. Believes he is the best in the game when really he's just another active / contactable n00b with a big gob. Not worth even wasting time on him Ezekiel.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BTW, ETA 3 single-unit types (eg a pure RPG rush) doesn't net massive bounties. True it'll net more than before so it may be profitable/desirable for some, but nothing beats a good old-fashioned genuine mob full of geos and flak and other units with an original ETA of 5 (rushed to 3) for a good bounty hunt :p

(just wanted to put this here incase anyone reading this thread gets the impression otherwise, and then starts posting "Hey I did an RPG rush and did this much damage but only got this much bounty...")