April Fools Joke.

Silence

Head Gardener
All I want to say is: I hate you.

That's all! :D

p.s. this is directed at what I *think* is an April fools joke which has been done by our beloved creator

I was excited at the prospect of the new units; I was on my third run when I started planning things for the rest of my week, opened up my calendar, and then it clicked.

Lupus

Head Gardener
i'm just gona keep spamming him till i get my nuzzling badger

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I can't believe people fell for this.

Silence

Head Gardener
Someone copy/paste ?

Boisterous Badgers and Tortuous Turtles:
The gates of hell have expanded, and there are now more evils lurking around the corners, this time in much evolved forms. There are now, bafflingly, Boisterous Badgers snuffling around... and their tempestuous partners, the Tortuous Turtles. These hell beasts are more powerful than their hamster kin, and you can actually gain these units to fight for your cause permanently - though you can only have one or the other! To gain a Boisterous Badger, you must tempt them by sending out a demonic number of gardeners 6 times to ID 1, while having precisely £666 funds in your account to cover the paperwork. The snappingly hungry Turtles, however, are attracted only to those that have precisely this demonic value of every seed and plant type in stock which it will consume, along with £666,666 funds for the paperwork. These units cannot be used to defend, only to attack, and have EVIL effects on their enemy! 6,666,666|6|666,666|666

==============================================

Then Azzer being smug =P

April Badgers and Fool's Turtles:
Today is, indeed, April the 1st - April Fool's Day. There has been over a thousand news entries of people defending ID 1 today with either 666, 666,666 or 6,666,666 units (some people trying every possible combination 6 times each :p). Many ID's recorded as sitting on either £666 or £666,666 funds for multiple ticks, along with 666 of each plant and seeds (a feat that can be quite tricky to achieve). Almost 200 ID's have been involved in attempting to gain these "special units" originally announced this morning, including many who sent me messages or came in to the chat room saying things like "hah, April 1st today, good one!" but then went ahead and tried to get them anyway (either of their own accord or after some extra convincing!). Well done those sensible enough to not be taken in by this and not spend hours trying to achieve the impossible. 'Happy' April Fool's Day to the rest of you ;)

Ram

Head Gardener
I'll post logs that me and changer were saving earlier.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Souls was the funniest, we practically TOLD him it was a joke and he still didn't understand xD

Changer

Head Gardener
01[11:49] <Changer> I just remembered the date ;)
[11:52] <Souls> oh ffs
01[11:52] <Changer> rofl
[11:52] <Souls> god damnit rofl
[11:53] <Souls> DAMNIT
[11:53] <Souls> it's already july :p
[11:54] <Souls> does the date even matter? :S

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
[16:24:12] <toby> Souls
[16:24:22] <toby> you know the badgers and turtles aren't real
[16:24:26] <toby> it's an april fools joke
[16:25:33] <Souls> i'll be the judge of that!
[16:25:46] <Souls> i'll let you know in six ticks :p

penguin

Official Helper
now I want a turtle....

I admit, I tried for it twice.. then gave up when I realized it wasn't working :/