Age of Empires II

Hippie

Harvester
DA, Changer, Lanky, MattM vs CF, Hippie, Godsend, Sumit

Sumit and Hippie had some initial success driving into changer on the left, but were slowly ground back by help from DA, ending up losing alot of sumit's base. Meanwhile Lanky made a breakthrough on Godsend and forced him to retreat behind CF. With sumit and godsend both trying to rebuild, Hippie and CF tried to hold out each taking 2v1 (mattm had finally appeared by this point) but it wasn't to be. DA, Changer, Lanky, mattm winners.

This was a great game. Didn't even know godsend had been killed and couldn't see MattM's grey army on the minimap. lol.

In the end i lost 1300 units and 120 buildings, production till the end!!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
DA, Changer, Lanky, MattM vs CF, Hippie, Godsend, Sumit

Sumit and Hippie had some initial success driving into changer on the left, but were slowly ground back by help from DA, ending up losing alot of sumit's base. Meanwhile Lanky made a breakthrough on Godsend and forced him to retreat behind CF. With sumit and godsend both trying to rebuild, Hippie and CF tried to hold out each taking 2v1 (mattm had finally appeared by this point) but it wasn't to be. DA, Changer, Lanky, mattm winners.

Pffft. I'd been using troops to help Lanky and Changer (mainly Lanky) from the start! None of this 'MattM had finally appeared' rubbish :p

Besides, I exectued an epic siege ram attack on Sumit, but Changer let my rams all die :(

I was just about to add and some doesnt really need to pick race as they always masses ships anyways :p

To the untrained eye it looks like ship massing :p There's an art to using demo ships to help your galleon fleet too!

___

Edit: And DA's wall was indeed amazing :D

CFalcon

Official Helper
Pffft. I'd been using troops to help Lanky and Changer (mainly Lanky) from the start! None of this 'MattM had finally appeared' rubbish :p

Besides, I exectued an epic siege ram attack on Sumit, but Changer let my rams all die :(

They were grey :( all siege rams are grey!

CFalcon

Official Helper
EPIC game, DA vs CF vs MattM

Only able to tell what I saw:
Started out with the standard resource rush + a men at arms rush on CF from MattM, which fortunately didn't do too much harm. Very little fighting until the imperial age, with DA spending alot on turning his base into a gauntlet. CF tried hitting MattM first, but only with limited success. Rebuilt and turned on DA, who sounded to be skirmishing with MattM. Drove a long way into DA's base, destroying a lot of infrastructure, but was finally checked by an outpost of bombard towers and skirmishers. Thinking DA to be out of the picture, CF tried again at MattM, again only being able to make small gains due to the constant attrition of pikes and onagers. DA was apparently not out of the game by any means though, and struck CF's base hard while he was still recovering from the 2nd MattM campaign, and was only checked by a frantic building of anything available. MattM at this point decided to take to the seas to protect his king, and then to mass pikemen and constantly rush CF. The rushes didn't make any real impact, but they did keep CF tied down for a long time while he was also trying to get DA and his bombard towers out of the north of his base.

Having recovered, CF went to finish off the tenacious DA, and ploughed through his base meeting oddly little resistance. When DA seemed on the verge of defeat an army of paladins and ~ 15 trebuchets stormed into CF's base out of the fog of war, and made straight for CF's king. Luckily, a reserve force kept to stop MattM's pike rushes managed to deal with the threat, though only by the smallest margin. DA, the ace up his sleeve gone, finally admitted defeat.

CF then came round behind MattM's base from the ruins of DA's and managed to rampage a long way in on this less defended side, before being ground into nothing by the relentless torrent of pikemen. With no threat from DA in the north any more, CF was free to go about grinding MattM into a corner. With more and more of his base slowly being eaten away at, and with no hope in sight for being able to strike back, MattM struck his colours.

Total game time: 2 hours 35 mins. Epic.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
EPIC game, DA vs CF vs MattM

Only able to tell what I saw:
Started out with the standard resource rush + a men at arms rush on CF from MattM, which fortunately didn't do too much harm. Very little fighting until the imperial age, with DA spending alot on turning his base into a gauntlet. CF tried hitting MattM first, but only with limited success. Rebuilt and turned on DA, who sounded to be skirmishing with MattM. Drove a long way into DA's base, destroying a lot of infrastructure, but was finally checked by an outpost of bombard towers and skirmishers. Thinking DA to be out of the picture, CF tried again at MattM, again only being able to make small gains due to the constant attrition of pikes and onagers. DA was apparently not out of the game by any means though, and struck CF's base hard while he was still recovering from the 2nd MattM campaign, and was only checked by a frantic building of anything available. MattM at this point decided to take to the seas to protect his king, and then to mass pikemen and constantly rush CF. The rushes didn't make any real impact, but they did keep CF tied down for a long time while he was also trying to get DA and his bombard towers out of the north of his base.

Having recovered, CF went to finish off the tenacious DA, and ploughed through his base meeting oddly little resistance. When DA seemed on the verge of defeat an army of paladins and ~ 15 trebuchets stormed into CF's base out of the fog of war, and made straight for CF's king. Luckily, a reserve force kept to stop MattM's pike rushes managed to deal with the threat, though only by the smallest margin. DA, the ace up his sleeve gone, finally admitted defeat.

CF then came round behind MattM's base from the ruins of DA's and managed to rampage a long way in on this less defended side, before being ground into nothing by the relentless torrent of pikemen. With no threat from DA in the north any more, CF was free to go about grinding MattM into a corner. With more and more of his base slowly being eaten away at, and with no hope in sight for being able to strike back, MattM struck his colours.

Total game time: 2 hours 35 mins. Epic.

Most fun game I've had for years. I could've held out for another hourish probably, particularly with control of the centre lake, but couldn't get the gold to compete with the Saracen economic power and launch a counter :(

If the Aztecs got halberds, they'd be unstoppable.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
If anybody is worried about playing against us, here's something to ease fears:

[14:35:47] <Changer> your joking
[14:35:50] <Changer> page 2 :/
[14:35:52] <Lanky> ROFL
[14:35:53] <MattM|Elsewhere> ...
[14:35:57] <CF> where you get fire ships, cannon galleons
[14:35:58] <MattM|Elsewhere> Arrow at bottom right
[14:35:58] <CF> etc
[14:35:58] <Hobbezak> like cannon galleons
[14:36:01] <Lanky> Hey Matt :)
[14:36:02] <Changer> omg
[14:36:04] <MattM|Elsewhere> Hey Lanky
[14:36:07] <MattM|Elsewhere> hahaha
[14:36:07] <Hobbezak> and the most crappy turtle ships
[14:36:09] <MattM|Elsewhere> Changer = n00b
[14:36:12] <Changer> No wonder i always get pwned as navy :/

Changer = muppet.

Elevnos

BANNED
hey does anyone want a game right now, you'll have to tell me how to join a game because whenever I've tried it doesn't seem to work :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
This needs to be added to the topic:
aok001.png

The residence of MattM and Hobbezak, in a game against CF and DA. :)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Couple Trebuchet's and the King's gone! xD

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
MATCH: DA & HOBBS VS LANKY AND CF

Winners: DA & Hobbs

-

The game started quickly. DA had the immediate advantage in that he cheekily waltz'd over to Lanky's based and walled off the majority of Lanky's base gold mines. CF relentlessly attacked Hobbs, killing him early on. Thankfully Hobbs had a few Hussars handy, and managed to kill Lanky's king whilst being killed at home by CF.

Hobbs fled to DA's moderately well fortified base, however DA lingered too long and didn't have a sufficient army to fend off the mass of troops CF sent his way. His castle quickly down, DA fled his king to Hobb's transport, tucked away in the safety of Hobbs still massive navy. It was like a warm blanket, a mother's womb. Thankfully, though, he'd thought ahead and let CF take the bait that was his base. He forged, in secret, 6 trebuchets and a handful of Paladins. He loaded these onto a small number of transports he had waiting south of his base. He then sent these to the top of the map, and unloaded them strategically within sight of CF's castle + king.

Within 30 seconds the trebs were firing, and the King fled the castle. The Paladins quickly hunted down the king and ended the game.

All hope was at one point lost. All glory a diminishing light at the end the tunnel. But it was not to be. DA pulled out the stops and with the help of Hobbs, gained victory over his foes.

(Actual events may have varied slightly - Spoke of myself in the 3rd person for dramatic effect.)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
MATCH: DA & HOBBS VS LANKY AND CF

Winners: DA & Hobbs

-

The game started quickly. DA had the immediate advantage in that he cheekily waltz'd over to Lanky's based and walled off the majority of Lanky's base gold mines. CF relentlessly attacked Hobbs, killing him early on. Thankfully Hobbs had a few Hussars handy, and managed to kill Lanky's king whilst being killed at home by CF.

Actually I built those Hussars while being your base. :p