Age of Empires II

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I still have no idea why my king was in my enemys base :p
I garrisoned it twice actually to my castle, and found out earlier it was wandering in enemys base already which is weird.
When game ended I had killed like 1.3k units and others had killed 500... No one ever even walked to my base but MattM with 3 ships which I neutralized.

Then suddenly for some reason my king is dancing with my attack units and gets murdered... wheres the fun in that...

It was those three ships which caused your downfall- did so much damgae to your castle, the king was evacuated. He then must've got caught up with some elephants or something. Then you sent him to attack Souls, where he was duly exectued by my galleons ;)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
DA + Markb v BlackWolf v Hobbezak + Godsend
After Team Godsend-Hobbezak got pwned by Team DA-UnknownFrenchie, they were out to get revenge.
DA: Byzantines (for a change)
MarkB: Britons

BlackWolf: Persians

Hobbezak: Spanish
Godsend: Turks

1. So it begins...
Game started off with Godsend hitting Feudal Age first, swiftly followed by DA and BW. I think Hobbezak came last.
But scorewise he wasn't at all behind, contrary even. He ran away on score, and before anyone knew it, he was way ahead. He then proceeded to be first in Castle and Imperial Age. It was at this time that the first battle began.

2. FIRE!
When Hobbezak started building a wall to wall in a goldmine and his newly built castle, he came across a few towers from the notorious BlackWolf, who also tried to use the goldmine for his own evil scheme. The noble Spanish King Hobbezak didn't think so! He quickly took out the towers with his trebuchets, and fought off the attacking knights with his conquistadores, who were soon to be upgraded to Elite Conquistadores.

Hobbezak proceeded into BW's camp, and with the help of a legion of Halberdier, the Persian War Elephants were soon humus to fertilize Hobbezaks lands. The Persian King BlackWolf died at the hand of a 1337 Conquistador, and his camp was soon converted (Missionaries!) into Camp Hobbezak II.

3. 2v2, or is it?
Team Hobbezak-Godsend then turned their attention to DA. During the BlackWolf - Hobbezak war, Godsend made sure that DA couldn't come rushing in to help BlackWolf. Godsend alone was already doing quite a good job at killing DA...
But when Hobbezak joined in, matters started to look even worse for DA. DA and his army of paladins + cataphracts, now faced both a skirmisher-janissary combo and a Conquistador(-champion)-halberdier-paladin combo, which soon turned into a mass Halberdier show. DA managed to push Team Godsend-Hobbezak back twice, by killing a fair few Trebuchets (with the help of MarkB), but in the end the inevitable happened. Team Godsend-Hobbezak got in, demolished everything with a fair few Cannons from Godsend, and moar trebuchets from Hobbezak.

4. The End
DA fled to MarkB's camp, where the until that moment very passive Mark was hiding out. Godsend went over to deal with it, while Hobbezak went on to pacify the barbarian camp of the Byzantines. But while this was happening, Godsend already broke through Markb's camp, and DA recognised defeat and gave up. MarkB swiftly followed.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
19/4

DA & CF vs BW and Lanky

-

DA + CF the victors :D

Lanky did brilliantly, held out extremely well. BW massed elephants (cough *surprise* cough) and did very well vs CF in the start. CF, the quick thinking guy he is, massed scorps and they were very effective in suppressing the elephants from moving more than an inch :p

GG.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Urg regicide is so fail its unreal.

Nobody even tells me how to find my king or the rules to it.

So i pwn both times but lose just cos my king is chilling in some random place...

DONT play that **** :/
Play normal where you just get basic resources not that bs :/

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Ya but when you got 11 castles and units garrisoned in them all ... king comes out and starts fighting on the front line.

Anyway ive learnt to not do that now ;D

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
King comes out when building is destroyed too much, but even hes fat ******* he runs like he had some kind of rocket mounted to his ass... so you just run like hell to nearest friendly base.

Thanks to:
Griefer,MattM,Lanky,Twigs and that comp ofc... from fun game... That lag sucked tho.
My first win WOO!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I quite like Regicide. It means you can't just go all out attacking - that you have to put at least some resources into defending your king incase someone attacks you while you're away. (Whereas normally you'd have more than enough time to get your troops backs, normal mode, your attacker need target just one building (the one your king is in).

I think tis rather fun :D

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
I quite like Regicide. It means you can't just go all out attacking - that you have to put at least some resources into defending your king incase someone attacks you while you're away. (Whereas normally you'd have more than enough time to get your troops backs, normal mode, your attacker need target just one building (the one your king is in).

Yeah, it also leaves a possibility for a team that isn't performing as good as the other, to still win the game.
On the other hand it makes sure that one guy can't keep running away with a villager, building a new base etc etc. With "spies" you immediately know where the hell that stupid king is, and you can go in for the kill and end the game. :p

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Yeah, it also leaves a possibility for a team that isn't performing as good as the other, to still win the game.
On the other hand it makes sure that one guy can't keep running away with a villager, building a new base etc etc. With "spies" you immediately know where the hell that stupid king is, and you can go in for the kill and end the game. :p

In a normal game you get Spies anyway, which give you the location of any remaining villagers- although it costs 200 gold x number of villagers.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

In a normal game you get Spies anyway, which give you the location of any remaining villagers- although it costs 200 gold x number of villagers.

Pffft it's been about 8 years since I last played a non-regicide game. :p
But you're right, I remember it being bloody expensive if there were plenty of players still alive. :(

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Catch me on IRC if you want a game this afternoon; #AoC as usual. ^^

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Changer + Lanky v DA + Hobbezak
Random Land Map
Regicide

Lanky: Britons
Changer: Byzantines

v

DA: Byzantines
Hobbezak: Spanish.

Early Game
Game started with Hobbezak messing around. He first built a mining camp instead of lumber camp, then built the lumber camp on that spot, then found out that the forest he was lumberjacking, was about as small as the Keira Knightley's boobs.
So he ended up building a new lumber camp at a much larger forest.
Changer seemed to be doing just fine, going into Feudal Age first, easily followed by Lanky and DA. Hobbezak was a bit behind here.
Hostile borders were Changer-Hobbezak and Lanky-DA, which made it virtually impossible for Changer to play his beloved "Lets rush DA"-game.
So Changer changed his game to "Lets rush to Castle Age", where he arrived first. Hobbezak saw a major danger in that, and as he was only a little behind on Changer, he started building an army to counter any rush coming from Changer.
Lanky hit Castle third, DA fourth, but they were pretty close.

Hostilities commence
Hobbezak hit Imperial first, but Changer was damn close. Not only on Age, but also on territory. His walls were so close to Hobbezaks camp, that the Spanish King was "forced" to build a few trebuchets to make a few holes in that wall. Obviously Changer was not amused, and sent out a cataphract-swordsmen army.
Hobbezaks army was almost too late to save the trebuchets, but the conquistador-knight/cavalier-pikemen-swordsmen army prevailed. The Spanish smelt blood, and went in for the kill through the small hole in the wall. The Byzantines from Changer almost managed to push the Spanish back, and in a rush of fright, the Green Spanish called upon their allies to come to aid, as Hobbezak was afraid of losing initiative and perhaps having to go defensive.

Run Forest Run!
With the combined forces of Cataphracts and Elite Conquistadores/Cavaliers/Halberdier, Changer was losing terrain fast. The trebuchets dustified many buildings, and no help of Lanky could push the invading coalition back.
But big was the surprise of the invading generals, as they just took over a ghost village.
There was no hostile king, no hostile farmers, and only a select few hostile lumberjacks.
It then dawned upon the allies that the town was evacuated, quite probably to the walled city of Lanky.
Hobbezaks king also ran, to a newly built fortification as fair away from his enemies as possible, walled in.

Tactics?
Now the concept of the task ahead was simple: Strike fast and hard, to make sure that Changer has no chance of rebuilding. But this caused a little difference of opinion between the two allies: The Spanish wanted DA to attack Lanky's camp from their common border, so Lanky had to defend on 2 fronts and had to divide his forces.
The Spanish also wanted to strike fast, as they themselves were already quite strong. They also had a few barracks and stables close to the front, as to replenish their troops asap.
DA on the other hand had his troops close to the Hobbezak-Changer border, as this was the earlier plan from when Changer was still a force to be reckoned with. He also had his stables/barracks/archery range close to Hobbezaks camp, to build his army there.
But soon, DA sent his army to the Lanky-DA border.

Final battle
Hobbezak came from one side, with about 10 trebuchets and mass paladin with a fair few halberdier.
DA came from the other side, and wanted to lure Lanky into retaliating an attack of him, getting them into range of a newly built castle. His plan failed miserably though, as Lanky massed his castle with trebuchets.
But Hobbezaks attack was quickly picking up speed, and soon he was faced only by new recruits of Lanky & Changer, who were obviously no match to the experienced Spanish veterans. And at the moment when Hobbezak opened trebuchetfire on Changers castle, DA's attack broke through Lanky's fortifications.

Soon, Changer and Lanky had only one option: Run and hide. It took the allied some time to find both kings, but soon they were decapitated for their crimes against hygiene, and after a thorough washing, their bodies were given to the hungry wolves, who once again killed about 5 villagers of Señor Hobbezak. I suggest we take a moment to commemorate their heroic death for our noble cause...