Some Competittion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Atsan and Cid spied for us by the way.

So did Hero, Recon, leeroy, Elspeth McGonagle, Teddy Roosevelt, The Blues Brothers, George Costanza, The man on the Moon, and Eric Clapton. OH, i almost forgot, James Bond spied for us too. OMG, don't forget Roswell, New Mexico, the alien landings, and crop circles. We're responsible for all that too.

Not to mention our infiltration of Aphalla with a rank 76 Moldovian Jumping Spider. Fortunately, they're only lethal to old ladies, in mines near Ayres Rock.

idwpwg.jpg

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Atsan and Cid spied for us by the way.

So did Hero, Recon, leeroy, Elspeth McGonagle, Teddy Roosevelt, The Blues Brothers, George Costanza, The man on the Moon, and Eric Clapton. OH, i almost forgot, James Bond spied for us too. OMG, don't forget Roswell, New Mexico, the alien landings, and crop circles. We're responsible for all that too.

Not to mention our infiltration of Aphalla with a rank 76 Moldovian Jumping Spider. Fortunately, they're only lethal to old ladies, in mines near Ayres Rock.

Pretty sure I'm in tears right now.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
1. Res only helped for 2 attacks - Any more attacks were just coincidence (That is the truth before you moan)
2. Atsan never spied - You idiotic fools!
3. dRage and Res haven't crossed fire yet because we (dRage) are busy fighting rank 1. Res helped to start then they stopped. Clearly just keeping their heads down while we fight. (Which worked as they are close in score now). So im sure soon fighting will start before very long.
4. Apart from the Resistance attacks we have NEVER had any contact with Res about teaming up.

So everyone just shut up thinking you know what is going on! Just leave everyone to do their own thing. No one is teamed up (Apart from the new resistance which im sure will appear soon) Just shut up, enjoy the game and have some wars people.

I PROMISED i wasn't going to get involved with politics this round, but with all this stupidity flying around i had to!

Shut up and play the God dam game!!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It would be interesting to hear Azzer or Weeble's take on it.

CFalcon

Official Helper
To my mind, a powerblock is when ranks 1 and 2 (or more) are not attacking each other even though they don't have any other threats/targets. Could also be applied to (for example) ranks 3,4,5 not attacking each other even though they don't have any other threats (ranks 1 and 2 being too high ranked to hit them).

Perhaps you disagree, but that's what the word means to me. You say powerblock, I think TBA and Dragons. Lack of damage between alliances isn't proof in an of itself.

Discuss.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
To my mind, a powerblock is when ranks 1 and 2 (or more) are not attacking each other even though they don't have any other threats/targets. Could also be applied to (for example) ranks 3,4,5 not attacking each other even though they don't have any other threats (ranks 1 and 2 being too high ranked to hit them).

Perhaps you disagree, but that's what the word means to me. You say powerblock, I think TBA and Dragons. Lack of damage between alliances isn't proof in an of itself.

Finally someone who said exactly what I meant to say, but in the proper words.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
i didn't read through the rest of the posts and only read his original one, idk if im convinced it was sarcasm but i guess if it was my bad :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
i didn't read through the rest of the posts and only read his original one, idk if im convinced it was sarcasm but i guess if it was my bad :p

It wasn't sarcasm. It also wasn't entirely a troll.
I wanted to make a convincing story (albeit clearly exagerating some points so only really gullible people wouldn't understand it was entirely made up).
The idea was to show people that you can make someone believe anything, as long as that person wants to believe it.

Twigley has been throwing around the whole powerblock nonsense for days now. The people who believed it, are the people who wanted to believe it. Like Melni, who I imagine sees powerblocks in daily life when buying meat at the butchers. Twigley knows from experience that some people in this game will pretty much believe anything, as long as it sounds good to them.

So in this case: I tried to make us look as bad as possible, because I knew that was what some people wanted to hear. People WANTED to hear we played underhand tactics. Ryu WANTED to hear there was a spy. He later on told me he suspected there was a spy in his alliance.
Or take DeathScythe for example. He should really have known better than to think that atsan would ever spy. Yet he was in doubt and ready to believe. Because he wanted to believe. He wanted to blame someone for the alliance falling.

My point was that maybe people should think twice before believing propaganda which was chewed for them by Twigley or anyone else.

So yeah, everything I said there was made up. Like the entire powerblock nonsense. So I think my post fitted in brilliantly with the rest of the storytelling in this thread.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Twigley knows from experience that some people in this game will pretty much believe anything, as long as it sounds good to them.

My point was that maybe people should think twice before believing propaganda which was chewed for them by Twigley or anyone else.

Yeah they will.
Like you both not hitting each other since day 2 but "not powerblocking" and you "magically avoided doing any damage to each other".
Works both ways the spouting of propaganda.
I'm only telling the facts and one of the reasons Azzer put that there in the first place.

Just because you can be sarcastic to try and blow it over, and have 4/5/6/7 of your other members in your ally post in this thread agreeing with you who were in the powerblock, doesn't mean you aint spouting ****. It's a clever tactic tho blowing it out of proportion, sarcastically making stupid things up which nobody is even saying is true and then applying the BS rule to the whole thing.

The fact is all these people outside your ally think it is/was a powerblock.
You can keep saying it isn't and if you say it enough, you'll beleive it.
But in the eyes of many, the win is tainted.
Because yeah it is a win, Res got the hard end of your little 2 and a half week snap. I don't know which ally was worse. You for having to use them as a shield, or them for buying the deal.

I was pretty surprised to hear Ogluk possibly slip of the tounge/fingers say that he had told Res they wouldnt touch them till Apha was dead. Not working together my arse.

Dont hit each other.
Hit with each other, all be it only a few times.
Tell each other your plans?

What was the definition of a powerblock again?

Last edited:

CFalcon

Official Helper
In what sense have Res "got the hard end"? They were barely 50% of rank 1 a fortnight ago, now they're 95%.

RQ:
Land Taken: Land Lost: Kill Damage Done: Kill Damage Received: Bribe Damage Done: Bribe Damage Received:
Aphallatosis 27,000 36,000 38,110,000,000 34,040,000,000 5,937,000,000 5,934,000,000

Res:
Land Taken: Land Lost: Kill Damage Done: Kill Damage Received: Bribe Damage Done: Bribe Damage Received:
Aphallatosis 8,000 16,000 2,631,000,000 4,484,000,000 1,430,000,000 448,000,000

Rather seems like RQ have got the raw end of the 'deal'. Did all the work, yet roughly equal ranks.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Res were always going to have the hard end.
They don't have the activity or organisation to challenge drage.
They are keeping acres nice and warm for dRAGE.
They've had their week of fame giving them the win by never hitting them for 2+ weeks, and soon the round will be over and they will be bashed along with the rest of us.

Seen as though you edited:

How naive are you?
RQ's perfect way to victory was to tell Res they wont hit them, attack Apha and continue to never hit Res.
That is the absolute ideal situation for drage. I dont think it could of worked out any better.
Theyve played it perfectly, even if you discount the fact people think they powerblocked to do it.
Res could barely land on Second To Some, and not kill us at all, who were the most land fat alliance in the game and had about 3 times less of their troops and have about 10 members who have never even been in a rank 2 ally.
No chance against someone their size.

Last edited:

CFalcon

Official Helper
I just don't buy the idea that RQ have ridden to an easy victory on the back of Res.

1. Look long and hard at those statistics in my previous post and tell me RQ did nothing.

2. Why assume the round is over?

Edit: So your point is.... Res aren't a very good alliance? Or that they should have worked with rank 1 against rank 2? Or that they should hit RQ now? (Rather jumping the gun there, they still might).

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I just don't buy the idea that RQ have ridden to an easy victory on the back of Res.

1. Look long and hard at those statistics in my previous post and tell me RQ did nothing.

2. Why assume the round is over?

Read my edit.
It answers both questions.
I never said RQ did nothing.
I said they got the perfect deal, and couldnt of played it any better, legit or otherwise. Res have been their *****es standing by keeping the land warm, attempting to bash the lower allies.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Tbf Twogley, regardless of your complaining, I've been rank 2/3 for a long time now. I've been in the alliances where you have to fight the simply overwhelming odds, get woken up during the night to send masses of fake defences and send out to take land hits - To alliances that rose without a challenge. This round, regardless of your take on it, has been a challenge.
I've been enjoying the battle reports between two very close alliances, and I've enjoyed the chaos of early hours defence organizing, and Silence getting angry at people who fail to be reliable on attacks, and I've enjoyed the social aspect of our group this round.
If you want someone to point the finger at for a supposed powerblock, then I'm the person you should point the finger at. I was the politics handler for the alliance. I did all the talking with Res when we first spoke of a resistance. Azzer is welcome to the logs of the conversations I had with them - There was no resistance after two or three waves of attacks that brought Aphall down (it should of taken ALOT more than that if they were competent enough at defending).
We placed Aphall over Res as a threat, and we moved to strike them and finish them first. It's not our problem Res simply didn't seize such an opportunity, and attack us as we waved and rushed Aphall down to size.
You speak as if the whole thing was so easy, and without any sort of hardship or effort put into it - This time 7 days ago we were seriously considering throwing in the towel, and going back to FTF. Our final decision was we would spend roughly 5 or 6 more days playing actively, and if we won rank 1, we would continue to play at that level. If we failed to take out Aphall, then we would go back to our original intention; For the fun.
Take a quick gander at our route setup - Look hardcore pr0 to you? Then look at Aphall's original lineup's route setup; It's a power-setup to dominate the early round.
The simple fact is, Hero and Bruce didn't seize their opportunity in the first few days to take the considerable lead and effortlessly win, and Res didn't seize the opportunity to take advantage of the chaos ensuing between our two alliances. That's their fault. You are just giving another reason for more people to lose faith in a game that was already on it's knees.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Tbf Twogley, regardless of your complaining, I've been rank 2/3 for a long time now. I've been in the alliances where you have to fight the simply overwhelming odds, get woken up during the night to send masses of fake defences and send out to take land hits - To alliances that rose without a challenge.

What's your point?
I don't see the relevance.

I've been enjoying the battle reports between two very close alliances, and I've enjoyed the chaos of early hours defence organizing, and Silence getting angry at people who fail to be reliable on attacks, and I've enjoyed the social aspect of our group this round.

I'm happy for you, but what's your point.

We placed Aphall over Res as a threat, and we moved to strike them and finish them first. It's not our problem Res simply didn't seize such an opportunity, and attack us as we waved and rushed Aphall down to size.

Ofcourse you did.
You told Res you would continue not to hit them, carrying on your snap.

You are just giving another reason for more people to lose faith in a game that was already on it's knees.

No you are.
You didnt touch an ally for 2 weeks + (Since about day 2), worked with them, talked to them about your plans and told them youd leave them alone.
If that was me and JJ, we'd be locked right now.

Edit: You do realise how bad that looks, and in my opinion fulfills the definition of a powerblock?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.