Next round's alliance mash-up

Alvestein

Garden Designer
idea. Doesn't have to do much, just give his approval maybe. pop it up on the overview message. let someone change the topic to give a link to this thread?

Elevnos

BANNED
As far as I know Azzer is away at the moment coding his RPG, he hadn't logged on since 23rd when I was in Discworld and now he has almost 10 billion bush seeds...

Cody

Planter
member or leader w/e is needed

-5gmt
5rounds exp but trained by the best :p
cause of summer i can be super active
no contactability atm except for IRC which i idle myself in frequently when active
and when active around 13-15hrs/day

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are people still going ahead with this? :p It'd make things different.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
i think people were sorta waiting for your approval in the matter :p and maybe some help in advertising.

Don't see why my approval is needed, this is something invented by the players for the players that can be IMPLEMENTED by the players. :p I thought my approval of the concept would be obvious!

Nobody's sent me any private messages about asking for a specific message from admin on the subject or linking details or anything very specific, though I'd be happy to help - eg if somebody sent me a PM with the message they want on messages from admin and a link to this thread, I could do that - but I'm not the one doing the organising here, this is a player-run thing ;P

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Whats needed is someway for ppl to sign up and get into a random allie. Maybe make it part of the round sign up a tick box that does it for you.

Davs

Garden Designer
Whats needed is someway for ppl to sign up and get into a random allie. Maybe make it part of the round sign up a tick box that does it for you.

Random alliances have been discussed a fair few times and the result is always the same: no one wants them. The mash up thing sounds good to me, as it won't be completely random but also won't be the same people teaming up together. Random alliances will only lead to lots of backstabbing/disbanding/shipjumping as people are bound to be stuck in an alliance full of players with playstyles that don't match their own, which is only going to lead to arguments.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Very late, and ultimatly wouldn't work due to dissbanding, as my p world kinda proved, you can't just bunch a group of actives and inactives together :(

it would need alot of structure and a hell of alot of effort, trying to organise it for 60 people was hard enough never mind the stress and the "this isn't fair I wanted... Or how come they have them and I'm stuck with..."

a good idea but would need more than just poor martin to organise it.

Azzer if this is ever to happen in future rounds I believe your admin powers/skills would be needed.

Elevnos

BANNED
it would need alot of structure and a hell of alot of effort, trying to organise it for 60 people was hard enough never mind the stress and the "this isn't fair I wanted... Or how come they have them and I'm stuck with..."

That's what annoys me about this game, all the high people will only play with a certain group, TAP is a great example, the less known, more loyal players stayed whereas loads just abandoned us straight away...

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
your pworld is nothing compared to W1, so I'll disregard that point.

And all I think that is needed from Azzer is 1 simple link to the Overview page. And 1 organizer willing to put in the time.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
All I said was it was hard to organise for 60 people never mind world 1, so in conclusion, thanks for agreeing with me iamsmart, wind your fecking neck in.

Changer

Head Gardener

That's what annoys me about this game, all the high people will only play with a certain group, TAP is a great example, the less known, more loyal players stayed whereas loads just abandoned us straight away...

It wasnt that they would only play with a certain group. But simply a more active group.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
The hell is your problem Insomniac? You can't just add 2 points together in your head and assume I read it that way, and then get pissy when I don't.