Round 35 Award Discussions

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Pretty sure that Azzer said several rounds back that auto-refreshing every 10min was acceptable, using standard browser software, but actual automation (ie, spy -> send attack) was not.

No.

He said that he has no problem with someone using an auto-refresh reasonably when they are sat at the computer simply to stop them from having to click every 5 mins or w/e.

BUT its not okay to use it when they are afk/sleeping (which is what i believe happened here) as a way to get their stats up - that is still against the rules (and pretty retarded tbh...)

Wouter

Pruner
"You may not access the Game or your Account through other software than standard browsers, wap phones and alike, nor may you use automated programs / bots / scripts to do so."
(source: http://www.bushtarion.com/agreement.php under 11)

he did it to get the stat while he wasn't online = illegal

zhouj

Harvester
Pretty sure that Azzer said several rounds back that auto-refreshing every 10min was acceptable, using standard browser software, but actual automation (ie, spy -> send attack) was not.

No.

He said that he has no problem with someone using an auto-refresh reasonably when they are sat at the computer simply to stop them from having to click every 5 mins or w/e.

BUT its not okay to use it when they are afk/sleeping (which is what i believe happened here) as a way to get their stats up - that is still against the rules (and pretty retarded tbh...)

He also hasn't taken action against the people who were in top activity due to the refresher, although I doubt they were as blatant as IoF was with putting it in his activity.

Then again, he hasn't banned anyone for blatantly mutually attacking so can't blame for IoF for thinking he'd get away with it!

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Still did it, thats like saying:

I only murder at the weekends, not the week days, that makes it fine!

Wouter

Pruner
ofc not
Azzer explicitly said that doing it 'FOR SHORT PERIODS OF TIME' was allowed, so what you are saying makes to sense at all

Wouter

Pruner
punishments for these kinds of things have always been heavier than just taking away the reached goal lol

Davs

Garden Designer
punishments for these kinds of things have always been heavier than just taking away the reached goal lol

And there's me thinking they haven't existed. Not that I condone IoF's actions - seems like a pretty lame way to get a stat imo.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Public accusations and exploits:
11.1 - If you consider a player is cheating in the game or is harassing you in any way, do not make a public post about it, instead report them directly to Azzer via a forum PM or an in-game mail to ID 1.
11.2 - Exploits should be reported directly to Azzer. You can, however, report game bugs in the appropriate "Help & Support" forum.

or get weebles attention to poke azzer :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I'd hate to think how many people would of been locked in the past if auto refresh wasn't allowed.

lillie

Harvester
Public accusations and exploits:
11.1 - If you consider a player is cheating in the game or is harassing you in any way, do not make a public post about it, instead report them directly to Azzer via a forum PM or an in-game mail to ID 1.
11.2 - Exploits should be reported directly to Azzer. You can, however, report game bugs in the appropriate "Help & Support" forum.

or get weebles attention to poke azzer :)

mmm good point....that will be my fault for bringing it up in here... sorry .

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Yes I know I vowed not to post again but I have to ask this one question wouter...
if it bothered you so much why did you not once complain and as far as I know report it?

Cheese out.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If you break the rules you should be punished, it's pretty much as simple as that. Iof has been around long enough to know better than to use an auto refresher.

TehPantz

Head Gardener
If you break the rules you should be punished, it's pretty much as simple as that.

129157477066831452.gif