Diplomacy

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Signed up, fully not remembering how to play, and fully expecting to get utterly pwned.

tomtree

Head Gardener
do we have an irc channel? i was thinking of just going to #diplomacy for anyone who wants to chat. obviously i imagine alliances and deals will be done in private, but would be good to have a place we can chat together.

tomtree

Head Gardener
we could, but there is often other stuff going on there and its fairly easy to just join #diplomacy when you're online, that way everyone else is there for the same reason. anyways, im gonna iddle in there whilst the game is going on. :)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
we could, but there is often other stuff going on there and its fairly easy to just join #diplomacy when you're online, that way everyone else is there for the same reason. anyways, im gonna iddle in there whilst the game is going on. :)

/me support moves to #diplomacy

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

/me support moves to #diplomacy

I was speaking somewhat in jest. A dedicated channel is a far superior idea :) *support*

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
So, what do we have at the end of spring 1902:

France (atsan), Germany (Stevey G) and England (changer) in a three way tango around Belgium and Holland. Steve left his entire eastside open, possibly in agreement with Austria-Hungary (Gooner) and Russia (Hobbezak).

In the mean time, if there were any problems or hostilities between France and Italy (CFalcon), they all seem in the past now, since they're apparently leaving their frontiers open. As said, France is concentrating on the North, whereas Italy seems in a state of war with Austria-Hungary.

Austria-Hungary has also moved itself in an awkward position in the East, where it supported an unsuccesful attack by Turkey (DA) against Russia. Russia and Turkey have been at war since turn one, when Turkey made its intentions crystal clear by moving into Armenia and the Black Sea.

So in short, England, Germany and France are warring over the Low Lands, while Russia, Italy, Austria-Hungary and Turkey are warring over the Balkan.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Good update on goings on. I'd have had Rumania if Gooner had supported properly to begin with, my second attempt he supported correctly but I told bulgaria to hold instead of move (FML!)

Which has left me in a bit of a crap situation, as you've now the capacity to hold on to Rumania.

I've some thinking to do :p

CFalcon

Official Helper
Hosting a new faster 7-man game, with 6 hour turns to try and get the pace up. If you issue orders at the start of one turn and the end of the following turn you can leave for 12 hours, so people who can get on in the morning and evening will have no problem keeping pace.
Don't join if you don't think you can get on at least once every 12 hours. Do join if you think you can, but don't know anything about the game :) We're pretty much all beginners at this.

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=26963
pass: rawr

CFalcon

Official Helper
Quick summary of the speed game:
http://webdiplomacy.net/map.php?gameID=26963&turn=11&mapType=large

In the north/west; france (hobbezak) took the iberian peninsula and belgium, england (moi) took scandinavia, germany (lanky) took holland and made a suprisingly fast and effective dive into russia (kingdroid), effectively knocking russia out of the game. France and Germany kept units along the ruhr/belgium border but seemed to content to just watch each other, while completely empty borders between austria (DA) and germany, and an empty english channel between france and england were suggestive of agreements in each case.
In the south/east; russia (kingdroid) attempted to move into the balkans, but was muscled out by austria (DA) who quickly secured all of the balkans up to constantinople. Turkey (changer) managed to hold off attempts into his territory by russia, austria and italy, although didn't manage to break out of his corner of the map. Italy (Frijj) seemed a little indecisive, moving first towards france, then doubling back to take greece, before being pushed out of greece and moving back to his french border.

In the last few turns england made a fast dive into the german territories left lightly defended by the german advance into russia, crippling germany, and then moving up along the baltic. France swept up the mediterranean, crippling italy, and forcing italy to make a list-ditch unexpected move into austria's heartland. The disruption to austrias supplies allowed turkey to move out of constantinople and push into bulgaria and greece, while all the time france was claiming a patchwork of various territories around the adriatic.

Some (well, most) have complained that 6 hour turns are too fast, and it probably is a little. Might try 8 or 10 hour turns next time to relieve the pressure a little. The game has moved along at a nice pace though.

It remains to be seen if eastern europe will be able to sort themselves out and repel the english/french pincer sweeping across the map, whether one of those two will stab the other and go for ultimate dominance, and what the wildcard italians will do next :p