Big Boy Bounties

Ram

Head Gardener
Ezekiel is hardly worth the argument either Cheese.
He says something and will never admit being wrong, when more often than not, he is.

@Ezekiel
Zhouj didn't say not to resist if you read his post he says it wont usually happen when the top alliance is 700% of you.
The problem with the 2.5x bounty is that a target with even 50% bounty which I think atleast everyone in OP has you can suicide all of your troops and still break even if not make profit.

zhouj

Harvester
I see a terrible player thinking it's great because now he can rush with -2 ETA mod and get some easy bounty.

Wrong. I haven't sent one rush and I doubt I will, i'm hardly a bounty hunting route/setup. And it's far from easy, with 8+ defenders is it? Only need one defender with some cheap LET flak to ruin it anyway. And use the word terrible as much as you want, even though the only terrible thing in this thread is how predictable it was.
It's a bandaid change to the fundamental flaws of a high intensity game. It further moves the game towards requiring contactability and, while it may lengthen next round, it will probably just burn more people out. Not to mention, it also doesn't really inspire a resistance, especially since resistances should probably happen when your targets aren't at 700% of you.

No. Ranks 2 and 3 already have to be this contactable and this burnt out to defend against a massive rank 1 ally. This means you just have to be as contactable as us. Seems fair.

And we shouldn't resist? Ok why don't we just all delete and let you 20 sit there for the rest of the round then on your own.
Uh, a RPG would definitely get the 2.5x boost in bounty if he rushed toby at -2 or the 2.0x boost with -1.
Without the 67% extra the chance of breaking even or profiting on a suicide run is small. That was the point of that quote. Besides, if i'm getting that big a rush, I don't have anywhere near the troops the target does, so I hardly see it being a massive problem.

Can I just make something clear before you start an arguement with zhouj, he cannot accept anybody elses opinion, and is always right. Believes he is the best in the game when really he's just another active / contactable n00b with a big gob. Not worth even wasting time on him Ezekiel.

Maybe you should learn how to spell and write properly before you go around calling other people noobs. ;)

zhouj

Harvester
I see a terrible player thinking it's great because now he can rush with -2 ETA mod and get some easy bounty.

Wrong. I haven't sent one rush and I doubt I will, i'm hardly a bounty hunting route/setup. And it's far from easy, with 8+ defenders is it? Only need one defender with some cheap LET flak to ruin it anyway. And use the word terrible as much as you want, even though the only terrible thing in this thread is how predictable it was.

8+ defenders? Are you trying to be even dumber than you already are? The entire point of an -2 ETA rush sent end of tick, or stealth for that matter, is that it's basically impossible to defend. Good luck finding proper ETA1/2 LETs to defend with.

Now, if your infantile mind can comprehend this, before with bounties, it would be very difficult to break a profit, even hitting a target with 71% bounty. When you multiply that 2x or 2.5x, even with the penalty for not sending ETA5, it becomes absurdly easy. Early inits are balanced with the caveat that they will be able to kill less troops than their cost. When you massively change bounties to completely override that, it becomes trivial to LET rush.

It's a bandaid change to the fundamental flaws of a high intensity game. It further moves the game towards requiring contactability and, while it may lengthen next round, it will probably just burn more people out. Not to mention, it also doesn't really inspire a resistance, especially since resistances should probably happen when your targets aren't at 700% of you.

No. Ranks 2 and 3 already have to be this contactable and this burnt out to defend against a massive rank 1 ally. This means you just have to be as contactable as us. Seems fair.

And we shouldn't resist? Ok why don't we just all delete and let you 20 sit there for the rest of the round then on your own.

Good job trying to straw man the argument. First, the point was that it made the game require even more contactability and didn't solve its major problems. Your response is completely irrelevant to that. Extending the round does nothing for that problem for anyone.

The second point was that the new bounty system does very little, if anything, to help resistances succeed or help them organize, when it requires the top alliance to have people 300% or 700% of the primary resisters. How you got "don't resist" out of that, intelligent people will never know.

Uh, a RPG would definitely get the 2.5x boost in bounty if he rushed toby at -2 or the 2.0x boost with -1.
Without the 67% extra the chance of breaking even or profiting on a suicide run is small. That was the point of that quote. Besides, if i'm getting that big a rush, I don't have anywhere near the troops the target does, so I hardly see it being a massive problem.

67% extra? You must fail at math. The problem is that it does nothing except create more annoying LET rushes.

Ram

Head Gardener
If you read the posts it isn't about being woken up, its about being able to lose all of your troops and be able to break even or profit :/

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
thats a pretty cool idea, iam definitly gonna ask azzar to make such a change.

ow wait, he did.

cant wait to see rank 1 people sending to their hq :D

Ezekiel

Harvester
Maybe you should learn how to spell and write properly before you go around calling other people noobs. ;)

Brilliant reply.

8+ defenders? Are you trying to be even dumber than you already are? The entire point of an -2 ETA rush sent end of tick, or stealth for that matter, is that it's basically impossible to defend. Good luck finding proper ETA1/2 LETs to defend with.

RPG playing rushes robo. Ally send 40 mil dogs. Solved. Most routes have an eta 2 LET flak, def boosted to 1. Mass them amongst active players. If you need me to strategize more for your rank 1 alliance then by all means, hit me up.
Now, if your infantile mind can comprehend this, before with bounties, it would be very difficult to break a profit, even hitting a target with 71% bounty. When you multiply that 2x or 2.5x, even with the penalty for not sending ETA5, it becomes absurdly easy. Early inits are balanced with the caveat that they will be able to kill less troops than their cost. When you massively change bounties to completely override that, it becomes trivial to LET rush.

All i'm seeing is petty insults? Are you trying to regain some lost composure? Hmm.

If maybe you'd been reading, that was one of the first points. You have a red title. Ofc this is going to happen.

The problem is that it does nothing except create more annoying LET rushes.

LOL hold on a sec,

If you read the posts it isn't about being woken up, its about being able to lose all of your troops and be able to break even or profit :/

Maybe you two should sit down and practice what you are moaning about before you make the thread.

Good job trying to straw man the argument. First, the point was that it made the game require even more contactability and didn't solve its major problems. Your response is completely irrelevant to that.

My point is completely relevant. You're crying becuase you may actually have to PLAY this round now, and get woken up. That's what we HAVE to do anyway, so man up or go delete.

The second point was that the new bounty system does very little, if anything, to help resistances succeed or help them organize, when it requires the top alliance to have people 300% or 700% of the primary resisters. How you got "don't resist" out of that, intelligent people will never know.

Maybe it's just your bad grammar (which makes it hilarious to see you try and grab that last bit of composure and align yourself with "intelligent people"), but you said,

"especially since resistances should probably happen when your targets aren't at 700% of you."

Well, you are at 700% of us. So unless you lose some score, you're implying we shouldn't resist.

Now i've clearly made my point, while you've clutched and straws and started to get mouthy. I suggest you look at the amount other people who also don't agree before you reply again.

Point: Quit whining and play the game.

Oh and:

BTW, ETA 3 single-unit types (eg a pure RPG rush) doesn't net massive bounties. True it'll net more than before so it may be profitable/desirable for some, but nothing beats a good old-fashioned genuine mob full of geos and flak and other units with an original ETA of 5 (rushed to 3) for a good bounty hunt :p

/argument

Last edited:

Turnip2k

Harvester
This was a method of letting people actually claim bounties from people in the top ranks, as opposed to them just having a huge bounty of their head and it not meaning much at all.

If we are going to bring HF back in to the game, may as well make it useful. If you have people with horrific bounties, but are so big that no one can get at them - why bother having bounties at all? Before we had people like DS to level the playing field a little, and annoy rank 1 endlessly. Now it can be everyone :)

Rank 1 alliance will need to be just as active as the other people in the game now if they want to win - which is the way it should be. Suck it up.

Ram

Head Gardener
First of all me and zhouj are different individuals I posted my opinion and he posted his. So maybe you should think things through before you post.

Secondly how do you think we won the round? We played and put the most effort in so stfu.

Steve_God

Official Helper
The top alliance will complain when they win and have no targets...
The top alliance will complain when game mechanisms get changed that mean they might not be bored for the rest of the round and have to work a little harder...

Same story... different round :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Ezekiel you're funny... From all of your older posts i'm not even gonna read a single line of the posts you made in here..
I'm pretty sure it goes like this..
Person A; say something
Ezekiel; No you're wrong and i'm right
PersonA; That's not what i said
Ezekiel; Yes you did, and if not, i'm still right!

/Ontopic
I like the idea of something usefull for a -2 rush.. but a 2.5 bounty is just insane..

imagine..
rank 200 has 15m sins
rank 1 has 100m CW's 50m TD's 100m CG's 70% bounty for title +5 base
rank 200 sends sins on rank 1, -2 rush.. 75*2.5= 187,5% bounty!
rank 200 can loose his total army, and still walk away with a profit...

2.5* bounty is just too much..
1.5* and 1,75* is more reasonable imo...

Ram

Head Gardener
Ezekiel you're funny... From all of your older posts i'm not even gonna read a single line of the posts you made in here..
I'm pretty sure it goes like this..
Person A; say something
Ezekiel; No you're wrong and i'm right
PersonA; That's not what i said
Ezekiel; Yes you did, and if not, i'm still right!

/Ontopic
I like the idea of something usefull for a -2 rush.. but a 2.5 bounty is just insane..

imagine..
rank 200 has 15m sins
rank 1 has 100m CW's 50m TD's 100m CG's 70% bounty for title +5 base
rank 200 sends sins on rank 1, -2 rush.. 75*2.5= 187,5% bounty!
rank 200 can loose his total army, and still walk away with a profit...

2.5* bounty is just too much..
1.5* and 1,75* is more reasonable imo...

I agree, this is what I was getting at. I should have suggested figures but, heh.
The way it is now, it's just too much. Yuri ftw.

zhouj

Harvester
The top alliance will complain when they win and have no targets...
The top alliance will complain when game mechanisms get changed that mean they might not be bored for the rest of the round and have to work a little harder...

Same story... different round :p

The people not in the top alliances will complain when they can't rush people for 2.5x bounty.
The people not in the top alliances will complain when they get rushed for 2.5x bounty.

YAY.

(BTW, you're so not biased at all with the bounty, seeing as you're RPG and there's a bunch of top robos, right? Right.)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Right, lets settle the situation here:

I've just done a test attack following the change to see where the land lies with the bounties.
At time of attack I was around Rank 120 (as an RPG player), attacking a Top 10 Robo player, with a +2 mod:

Battle Report - Attacking [Top 10 Player]
[range] 3,388,217 allied RPG Trooper attacked, killing 2,222,156 hostile staff.
[range] 10,302,476 hostile Cybernetic Warrior attacked, killing 3,388,217 allied staff.

Died: 3,388,217 [£189,740,152,000] friendlies dead. 2,222,156 [£132,189,759,000] enemies dead.

You gained 215,424 effectiveness.
You gained 22.76 fame.
You gained 17.03 honour.
You earned £176,539,925,705 bounty.
You will soon be receiving £37,948,030,400 insurance.
So, from the attack I've gained 24.7 bil.
Not too bad, however I'm going to have to wait 11 ticks for the insurance money to come through (leaving me instantly out of pocket) and I'm guessing that if I keep doing it, I'll start loosing honour for repeat attacking.
In addition, this was the third attempt at getting through over the last 24 hours, and both times they attacked me, which gives a risk of them staying and potentially killing me - not a risk I'd want to take often :p

In summary, nice little bonus for a one off, but it's not sustainable to do often.

Update: Attempt 4 lead to getting mass HQ Attack Dog defence :p

Last edited:

TaO

Tree Surgeon
So what you're saying is..

It's okay that I as a tiny person can take down a top 10 player?

Steve_God

Official Helper
(BTW, you're so not biased at all with the bounty, seeing as you're RPG and there's a bunch of top robos, right? Right.)
Didn't say if I'm in favour of it or not, I'd just stated from experience that the top alliance has a tendancy to complain in every situation :p (and I also didn't rule myself out in that one! lol)

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Nobody (excluding tools like Ezekiel) was saying that at all, BigBoss, maybe you'd care to actually read people's posts.