Old School Bush - The 2nd Age

Microchip

Weeder
Suppose I'd better drag the old crew back up then, hadn't I? Look out world. GITK is slowly crawling out of it's grave. *grins*

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
worms - get your butt on IRC, there's loads of old-timers signing up for some fun, and more importantly, reminiscing :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
wait does that mean more people have signed up and are actively playing age 2, than world 1 age 5?

fun stuff.

/me quickly creates world 1 ID and takes rank 1 as a solo.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
There should be a profile award for those that take part actively, an old skool award for our main profiles :)

Somebody

Pruner
I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Age 2?!

Heck YEAH!!!!

Though, with being out the house for 14 hurs a day, it may be a bit difficult, but heck. I'm playing!

Azzer - you rock!

Now... to download IRC or not download IRC... hmmmm!

YEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYY!!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
You've come back to me! Huzzah! Now get on IRC :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
How are we supposed to test the low land score and funds and all the stuff if we started late and the only land targets are the inactive 200-300 acre accounts ? :/
Can't be bothered to steal 30 acres at a time really .. and those who had a good start sit on 3-4k all this time .. so the only thing i can test is how to get farmed which for obvious reasons i know too damn well this round :p

Bots are needed or manually change the price of acres and make them 10 times cheaper or so .. we can't really test land & fund score with so few acres in the world. Plus 30 man allies in a world where maybe just a bit over 100 players are active will make some believe the good old times prevented alot of bashing because land score or fund score or whatever wrong reasons ..

Don't wanna bring alot of negativism but really, for this to be considered a decent test so many settings/mechanics are far from w1 environment.

Last edited:

James

Digger
How are we supposed to test the low land score and funds and all the stuff if we started late and the only land targets are the inactive 200-300 acre accounts ? :/
Can't be bothered to steal 30 acres at a time really .. and those who had a good start sit on 3-4k all this time .. so the only thing i can test is how to get farmed which for obvious reasons i know too damn well this round :p

Er...
There are 3 players with over 3k acres.
9 in total with over 2k (and im not one of them!)
There are loads of inactive/offline players with 500-700 acres too :)
Im happily farming and getting over 100 acres at a time

I do agree with making land cheaper though, will give me more to farm :p

James

Digger
Make that 12 peeps over 2k acres, and Im one of them :)

I still vote acres be made cheaper though -Im running out of farms now :(

Trampy

Digger
I'm doing surprisingly well in this round of Age 2.
I'm inside the top 20 most of the time, and i dont have a clue how to play :D
I must be doing something right..

Although, i do think it is a lot easier to land, and AR is non-existant.
This isnt a rant about me constantly getting land raped, however i do think it is easier to do, in Age 2.

I miss the tooltips, and the calculations showing you how much £££ you will get from selling seeds, etc.

17.5% range is nice, as there arent many people playing, and a 30% cap would really restrict decent targets :p

Defending any id is nice, as its more realistic- in real life you could send defence to a country if they were attacked, and im sure they wouldnt complain :p
However this could cause problems with 'Super alliances' where over 30 people could technically be allied...

I think the Age 5 score method is fairer, because again, it is more realistic. I know that bush isnt the most realistic of games out there, but it makes for a better experience as false impressions could be given of a companies valuation in Age 2. Then again, its all part of the Age 2 game, right?

In short, bashing is worse, imo. thats my main gripe :p
I quite enjoy it though. makes a change from Age 5

I havent read any other posts, so this is purely my opinion.

edit: I also dont like the static timer :| i keep thinking its not ticked over, and then i find out i missed the tick all together. Fail on my behalf, but i would like to see the clock like Age 2 :)

Last edited:

moorer

Pruner
I enjoyed the start not having been around in Age 2's heyday.

But now its just a procession of indefensible inc from the active players in the two big allies with AR nowhere to be seen.

All becoming a bit pointless being solo or in a small alliance and looks like a 2 horse race between GITK and Honk, sounds a familiar scenario.

James

Digger
I think Microchip summed it up well in our private channel...

Microchip changes topic to 'They're dead, Dave. Everybody's dead, Dave. They're all dead. Oops. '

Tim

Harvester
Looks like Age 2 suddenly got interesting. Hopefully anyway.

To any of the people who have gone inactive due to the dominance of one alliance, please start playing again. All is not lost. This next week could be full of mayhem.