Fail. | R31

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Died: 63,149,267 [£1,947,016,261,000] enemies dead. 79,199,682 [£1,810,703,939,100] friendlies dead.
That's nearly 4 TRILLION of resistance troops down the pan...

Garrett = Fail. ;)

Lemme just try predict the collective response of RRR at this stage:

"woop".

Actually, it's more like: "ffs! Now it's gonna take them ages to grow into range".

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
resistance troops gathering dust are not resistance troops. i know you are angry. i forgive your emotional outburst.

i honestly would feel the same way in your shoes. being a leader IS difficult. sometimes you gotta make hard choices. it wasn't my first option, but seemed like my best. so i took it.

It was in your best interests to maintain that snap Garrett.. at least for a time.

Now its basically gone, you've to concern yourself with the very-close Enmity/S2N, who I imagine will maintain their sNap to block ranks 2-3 (for a time).

I'll be surprised if that doesnt happen..

Podunk

Head Gardener
Besides what use is Fail. to the resistance with RRR being armor heavy and Fail not having armor killers.

lavadog

Head Gardener
Resistance troops gathering dust are better than dead resistance troops tho garret ;)

The resistance doesn't seem like it will take off, and I'm saying this from a totally neutral point of view as I'm solo and have no ties in both camps. From the outside, the resistance doesn't look like a cohesive bunch. That has been proven by ail not taking part in the OF bashing and now by ail attacking fail.

It doesn't look very good, but I hope you guys can prove me wrong by actually doing some hits and posting br's :D

Nitrous

Head Gardener
insurance takes away 35% of those losses, and with our new land we can buy more troops and then use them to actually attack rrr (a fairly important point of resisting is actually hitting rank 1. Something you people seem to have forgotten recently).

And the resistance has no need for 4 tril troops when the resistance doesn't ****ing do anything with those troops.

This was the result of an apathetic resistance which was more concerned about hitting of and snaping everybody in sight rather than hitting rrr.

Ps: Putting something in large print does not increase it's probability of being true. It's just crap...bigger.

qft!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
resistance troops gathering dust are not resistance troops. i know you are angry. i forgive your emotional outburst.

i honestly would feel the same way in your shoes. being a leader IS difficult. sometimes you gotta make hard choices. it wasn't my first option, but seemed like my best. so i took it.

It was in your best interests to maintain that snap Garrett.. at least for a time.

Now its basically gone, you've to concern yourself with the very-close Enmity/S2N, who I imagine will maintain their sNap to block ranks 2-3 (for a time).

Toby said:
And the resistance has no need for 4 tril troops when the resistance doesn't ****ing do anything WITH those troops.

This was the result of an apathetic resistance which was more concerned about hitting OF and SNAPing everybody in sight rather than hitting RRR.

Maybe put your efforts into organising the resistance, then? Instead of backstabbing a fellow resistance alliance?

A lot of you have moaned on the forums/on IRC, that you've done this because the resistance was a placid and poor excuse for an anti-rank 1 establishment.

Why didn't you do something about it? Garrett could have very easily planned. The choice was made, instead, to backstab.

Steve_God

Official Helper

Garrett - I want to call you an idiot... but I won't for fear of getting a trolling/flaming warning or something :p

If you wanted to remove the dust off everyones troops, all you needed to do was create a resistance channel, set launch times roughly a day in advance to allow time for people to re-arrange their day around the attacks, and repeat.
It's worked in the past, and it would work now given enough equal damage on both sides over each set of attacks.

Pi**ing off other partners against the resistance is only going to cause resentment against yourself, and encourage us to think about putting our 'new found energy' into resisting against you - would be a good reason to given, to quote yourself - "[we] are outside of our 40% range".

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Maybe put your efforts into organising the resistance, then? Instead of backstabbing a fellow resistance alliance?

A lot of you have moaned on the forums/on IRC, that you've done this because the resistance was a placid and poor excuse for an anti-rank 1 establishment.

Why didn't you do something about it? Garrett could have very easily planned. The choice was made, instead, to backstab.

I do as I am told. I am just a pawn to be weilded whenever my lord sees fit.

And I really don't think we're the ones that are moaning :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well you did. cuz i saw the post before the ninja edit hence my post.

i cannot be on IRC during euro day. no one listens when i'm on irc at night. the first day we got together when 2nd20 were on the fence, i was pushing JJ with suggestions and stuff we could do. when twigley orginally posted the sit and wait plan, both JJ and I said that we were already too much in range and wasn't going to sit well with our 'short attention span theaters'.

but here we are a week later, sitting and waiting. i said from the beginning this isn't the kind of war i can wage well.

Right, wrong can always be debated. It was either start moving or lose my peeps as I've already stated. As you can see all my ally mates that posted seem pretty passionate about the subject. I have to play to their strengths.

It's a matter of different philosophies. I've explained my reasoning from the start.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
poms.jpg

I made that at eta 5. It's atf2 and I get guru defence. :(
Nice one Minifreak, original. :'(

ZigZag

Harvester
Let me know when this resistance thing is going to start I would not mind taking part in it

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Don't think that I didn't think about this long and hard.

Hell I've had a week. :/

They will either see the merit in my plan(s), or not. What they do from here is up to them. I fault them not for their choices as they are here to play the game too.

If we get attacked (which you know we get RRR incs as well), we get attacked. I'm surprised we're 3rd. I figured we'd be 15th this round. I make plans and choices based off my groups activities and their needs. I was vocal at the start. Then I patiently waited for the OF asshattery to be over. We did not immediately launch into RRR. I have very little in the way of stealth rushes especially since they (the resistance) only wanted SA's to start.

So you can say I've done nothing, but it's not true. You can say I backstabbed, but actually I sent the AllyHQ mail (if it went through) before the attacks started. I sent it to 3 alliances. The one being attacked and the 2 other major alliances. I didn't ask for their help. I revealed a plan. So I understand the feelings of betrayl as I definitely would be feeling the same way, but I was upfront about it.

I didn't have to say anything. I definitely didn't need to come here and post the thread first. I did it out of respect for my fellow gamers.

Believe me or not. Think I'm an idiot or not. Doesn't matter.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

I infact can't support what Garrett has done enough.

A kick up the arse is exactly what was needed and with the current leadership of Fail, they would be pretty useless to join in anyway as they are so badly motivated it's unreal - i have already had a few requests from their members to join.

You keep saying Enmity and S2N are close, however we where only put "close" because of your **** that you said at the start of this round.

I am "close" to 3/4 members of Enmity and i know the other 15 or so don't like me, or my alliance very much.

So please stop saying we are close...

So in regards to this ... hopefully people can now see that a snap is only their if you want to hit RRR is what Garrett is saying, and he is right.

So get your asses on IRC tonight if you are in, if you want to RESIST - if you are going to continue to only put forwards 3/4 members per night for an attack when alliacnes such as mine are putting 13/14 min, then prolly Aili wont take much notice of the "snap".

Some bad decisions have been made so far, and these need to be corrected.

RRR *Can* be taken down - there *ARE* tactics that enable this and i am *VERY* pleased to see members of alliances geared up for it.

Jesus, cmon ffs let's take them down already - IRC.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I am "close" to 3/4 members of Enmity and i know the other 15 or so don't like me, or my alliance very much.

One of those just happens to be their leader :p

-

Fair enough.

Seperately, did you just inform RRR of your LT :| ?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
If by LT you mean anytime in the future, then sure.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
o_O a war/attack/whatever is decided in the first wave?

when was this update made public? news to me. at any rate, shame on me for playing the game. I singlehandedly gave RRR the round because the resistance was working *sooooo* hard.

TIK TAK! OK!

No your self pitying there Garrett, but if this stops and we work together i believe there is a better chance of RRR being taken down rather than the fight thats going on inside at the moment, at first it was 'Take down OF' but they continue to stand well and now its 'Take down fail' but that'll only delay the resistance in the process and make RRR grow bigger and bigger.

Haha you join in on OF because you think its easy land yet there were losses to the resistance there too.... I am looking to see how Fail stand up to fraction of the incoming we had please keep us up to date with developments

On a sidenote im quite upset people now think its garretts fault for RRR winning and not ours for being so petty and not dying straight away to n00b bashes........

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I personally and completely blame Melnibone :D

but what twigley said is true and i started to put that but I wanted to keep my posts somewhat upbeat. I find fail in severe disarray with DA gone. If my attacks galvanize Fail., then i've actually done Fail. a favor. Backhanded as it may be.

Also I have received messages since DA's disappearance for recruitment. So my feelings were that Fail. are a large security risk to ANY resistance as I fully believe a couple members would sell the resistance out in order to gain favor and hopefully a spot in RRR as I've seen them at 19 a couple times.

If fail. remains solid and steps it up, then I'll be happy and welcome them back to the fold.

oh btw it wasn't 1k. there was 2k on just one attack bringing it to 3-4k? sok for a first wave.

Disabled: 1,323,275 [£52,652,102,000] enemies disabled.
Died: 292,513 [£813,170,200] friendlies dead. 11,053,711 [£429,867,659,000] enemies dead.

You stole 1,946 land. [455] tree. [1,062] bush. [227] flower. [202] grass. [0] uncultivated.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Bah the Resistance vs Resistance card is old news, by my estimate the resistance have lost about 4 trillion over the last 5 days to sillu nubs from Enmity attacking my ally. (around 3 till losses for us, 1 trill for them...)

I don't know why they didn't respect the truce, but hopefully they will wisen up now that we maybe can start launching on RRR rather than just sit around and contemplate our navels.