Ending Powerblocks :(

Ahead

Head Gardener
What i think is the problem is that the most ACTIVE, CONTACTABLE, and experienced (not in caps because 'experience' comes really easily in bush) players of bush ALWAYS make ONE stacked ally. This round, if the power blocked wasnt formed, WH would have won the round in less than 10 days, and it would've been the same old same old for me and many other players who would steal, get owned, steal, get owned.

I reckon Chance would have given WH a run for their money, and Inimical would have challenged for third with TDT. It would have been a fun round. The alliances weren't stacked that much, and it would have been a good round of wars had the powerblock not been made. Just look at the start of the round - WH/Chance/Inim all battling for rank 1 in the first day, all pretty close. That's how the round should have been!

Also, from Ahead i have learned that next round there is an ally with the best line up hes ever seen, i saw some of the line up, and if hes serious, the next round will be just as boring as this round. i might as well quit now, because those guys are all contactable, all active for more than 12 hours a day, and have all the necessary "experience", yes, they will win the round in less than a week and then we will have the same old thing seed whoring to bottomfeed going on

Rofl, your memory is very poor. I said I've seen several very good lineups, which are capable of beating TBA/TBA's best 20. And I didn't show you any of the lineups cos I don't even know them fully seeing as I might not even be playing.. :? "Several" also implies wars between the very good allies, which = fun. Stop lying and spouting BS Mateen.

Steve_God

Official Helper
The fact is though, that few experienced players wanted to have an easy victory and since they knew they couldn't beat us alone and since they were to lazy to try it the fun way - with politics
I'd tried a few times to win as a leader using politics, and it failed. Mainly as being a leader of a 'lower top 10' ally, no-one takes you seriously when it comes to organising attacks, and if those higher up allies loose the motivation, then the round gets stagnant, the winner gets decided, and there is no-chance to win the round.

Then Steve will come and say how much he doesn't care about winning...
I have NEVER said that I don't care about winning. Not this round anyway.

Edliuen

Weeder
If I have learned something from the past its that there is anything that a good resistance cant kill.... Just to prove you they could have names but as I say and repeat there is anything a good resistance cant kill.

Once again, I will repeat myself. This round could have been drastically changed. SG was this close to being killed off. Even with the member swapping. We actually made a huge mistake on the member swapping, left SG without any organizers. They could have been killed off so easily if you continued the resistance, but it just stopped coming.

War? Huh? should have EASILY won this round without the powerblocking. They are by far the most experienced players and great contactability and organizers. So Ahead, please, I'm tired of your ego, Chance and Inimical both stand no chance against War. Even if Chance and Inimical teamed up, I seriously doubt we could have won. The only reason why War was killed because they got tired of getting woken up at 4 am and made the stupid mistake of retalling on a mass, where they got killed.

Powerblocks, aren't the problem. You'll always have them in the future Azzer. Say 5, 10 rounds down the road, another powerblock will happen. You need a way of encouraging the resistance, to keep it coming.

Ahead

Head Gardener
So Ahead, please, I'm tired of your ego

By saying that Chance would have given WH a run for their money, that shows I have a big ego? Ok.

blablabla

Stop trying to justify the powerblock and make it seem like its the rest of the playerbase's fault. The bottom line is, there shouldn't have been a powerblock. Alliances have 20 members for a reason. Even if a resistance had happened, who says the powerblock wouldn't have grown back up and taken rank 1 spot again with sheer numbers again?

Rosa

Pruner
Now DA will come and point that this discussion is not about TBA but for future rounds and how much he wants to prevent powerblocking in the rounds to come while thinking it is OK if he is part of one at the moment.

Then Twigley will come and bring thousand of suggestions on how to bring new players to the game because he "likes" bush so much.

Then Steve will come and say how much he doesn't care about winning...

I am getting sick of all the hypocricy...

Quoted this because it was too good of a post.

But yeah, I hope more people power block in the up coming rounds. I hope people can use the example TBA set this round and realize that skill, honor, dignity... they mean nothing if you want to win. Just mass noobs and you win. Was proven in round 14, was proven this round~

vannila

Planter
i find it humorous that most of the people saying they will not powerblock next round are the same ones that have claimed they were quitting bush forever. they are still here...

fred

BANNED
/Following the offtopicness:

Line ups with "big names" are often over rated.
There are plenty of players that dont get a chance out there and i try recruit 4/5 every round.

And a wise leading mentor once taught me if you are scared of an alliance because of their names then you will never win. That advice was ftw.

what a load of BS ...

fred

BANNED
What i think is the problem is that the most ACTIVE, CONTACTABLE, and experienced (not in caps because 'experience' comes really easily in bush) players of bush ALWAYS make ONE stacked ally. This round, if the power blocked wasnt formed, WH would have won the round in less than 10 days, and it would've been the same old same old for me and many other players who would steal, get owned, steal, get owned.

I reckon Chance would have given WH a run for their money, and Inimical would have challenged for third with TDT. It would have been a fun round. The alliances weren't stacked that much, and it would have been a good round of wars had the powerblock not been made. Just look at the start of the round - WH/Chance/Inim all battling for rank 1 in the first day, all pretty close. That's how the round should have been!

Also, from Ahead i have learned that next round there is an ally with the best line up hes ever seen, i saw some of the line up, and if hes serious, the next round will be just as boring as this round. i might as well quit now, because those guys are all contactable, all active for more than 12 hours a day, and have all the necessary "experience", yes, they will win the round in less than a week and then we will have the same old thing seed whoring to bottomfeed going on

Rofl, your memory is very poor. I said I've seen several very good lineups, which are capable of beating TBA/TBA's best 20. And I didn't show you any of the lineups cos I don't even know them fully seeing as I might not even be playing.. :? "Several" also implies wars between the very good allies, which = fun. Stop lying and spouting BS Mateen.

coming from a score queen such as ahead this is simply amazing s**t

torell

Digger
possible solution

possible solution

Firstly: theres no skill in massing noobs.

now;

i havnt read the whole thread for obvious reasons. and if your wondering, ive played about 7 rounds.

how about changing peoples attack range? instead of 33%, maybe 45%, MAYBE 65%.
i think this will allow smaller alliances to grow strong.

or even let the number of members in the alliance affect attack range.
eg: 40% for solo. 45% for 2-5 members. 50% for 5-10 members, 60% for 10+ members.

thats all my input anyway :) hate to see bush losing so many veteran players and friends of mine.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Fred, not one, not two, but whole three posts (in a row too!) made out of straight flames and absolutely no arguments behind them is too much even for me.

Now, I don't know who you are and I've never heard anything about you before yesterday, but you have a mouth too big for your own good.

Remember that everyone can be an arrogant bad ass in the forums, few can back it up in-game though.

Matthew

BANNED
Matthew, Fred.

It is a narrowminded argument that ALL of bushtarions problems are down to TBA.

Azzer has already pointed out that any round in which a powerblock of two or more alliances win, there is a severe impact on the quality of gameplay and therefore the business itself.

Azzer said:
There have been a number of rounds in the last 6 years where large powerblocks have dominated (be it 2 or 3 allies), and those rounds the playerbase dwindles more than any other round, people that stay playing don't want to buy game-cash/p-units as much (it's not "worth it" or they have to keep their scores low to stay out of range of the powerblock who are now just "bottomfeeding" off anyone that hops into range), and business itself takes a temporary but always dangerous plunge. Past powerblocks have damaged Bushtarion. The current powerblock is damaging Bushtarion.

I'm not saying TBA hasn't damaged the quality of gameplay. We all know it has. But to say:

Matthew said:
LOL well thats because this issue is more or less 90% TBA's fault.

Is inaccurate to say the least.

If everyone wants to kid themselves that TBA are the only powerblock that has ever existed (and damaged the quality of gameplay) go ahead and use this thread to flame away.

Its that kind of nonsense that more than likely meant last time this happened (perhaps not on this scale, but not all that far off) nobody learnt their lesson.

So I'll repeat myself. If you want to target just one small part of the powerblock "issue" - keep flaming TBA. Whilst they are in a large way responsible this round they have not been the culprits in the past, nor will they be in the future. You are not addressing the issue of powerblocking by merely targetting one formation of alliances that have existed in one round of 30. IMO.

I've nothing else to add here. I have already agreed not to take part in future winged' alliances :)

I didn't say all of bushtarions problems come from TBA I say 90% do. After all you ARE the reason this topic has been made. If TBA were not formed this thread would not be here today, FACT. I would like you to consider this round as a whole, look at it now and think to yourself "what else has mitigated the quality of this rounds gameplay?" which is outside of the actualy game mechanics as thats all open to opinion. You will very quickly come to the conclusion that there is pretty much nothing other than the blatent idiocy of 20% of the active playerbase powerblocking.

You keep talking about this future and that you will not be part of any future winged alliances. Tomorrow is the future, 17/18 days left? Make a name for yourself, fight it out and see who is the best.

You keep claiming we are not adressing the impact of powerblocking on the future? Well I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to realise the initiatives and purpose of this alliance was nothing short of retarded. Now, the future of the players in the powerblock, this is the thing that makes me laugh the most. What sort of position do you think these "noobs" you have taken on will have in future rounds? Because the players who previously hadn't developed a positive rapport with the playerbase are in some serious ****. I for one would NEVER recruit some of your "n00bs" purely because of their idiocy shown throughout bushtarion.

Noone cares how much you stress you will not be part of a future wing. If Hitler were to say he wouldn't be part of the next holocaust do you think he would be forgiven if he said "OK, OK now lets consider the future of holocausts not just the small one i did".

Yes, thats right, i compared TBA to the holocaust.

Silence

Head Gardener
If I have learned something from the past its that there is anything that a good resistance cant kill.... Just to prove you they could have names but as I say and repeat there is anything a good resistance cant kill.

War? Huh? should have EASILY won this round without the powerblocking. They are by far the most experienced players and great contactability and organizers. So Ahead, please, I'm tired of your ego, Chance and Inimical both stand no chance against War. Even if Chance and Inimical teamed up, I seriously doubt we could have won. The only reason why War was killed because they got tired of getting woken up at 4 am and made the stupid mistake of retalling on a mass, where they got killed.

Inimical are that bad?! They are so terrible they would make chance worse off than on their own? rofl
Chance active were the *****, and it is not wrong to say that they would have given War? a run for their money. Although this is merely speculation. But it would be wrong to write off Chance as a group as they were very good. I find it ludicrous that you can judge an alliance without participating within it. You are the definition of fail.
So Edliuen you should really just go away and shush. Noone cares what you think by speculating without fact. k? thanks.

Edliuen

Weeder

Inimical are that bad?! They are so terrible they would make chance worse off than on their own? rofl
Chance active were the *****, and it is not wrong to say that they would have given War? a run for their money. Although this is merely speculation. But it would be wrong to write off Chance as a group as they were very good. I find it ludicrous that you can judge an alliance without participating within it. You are the definition of fail.
So Edliuen you should really just go away and shush. Noone cares what you think by speculating without fact. k? thanks.

Oh, I'm merely referring to the fact that your entire alliance crumpled so fast under a bit of incoming. At least war resisted for days, your alliance took just one wave to crumple. So from what I've seen, no, not really... Even some of your members agree that your alliance is not as good as what it was made up to be.

Sigh, and Ahead, I wasn't just talking about that one post... More so other conversations. That obviously isn't enough proof to say something about your ego.

Either way, we should stop the direction that this thread is turning into and focus on the problem. As I said, a powerblock will happen down the road again, unless it's written into the EULA. Other than that, any one else with suggestions? I'm not exactly sure how it's to be done, but there has to be more incentive for continuing a resistance. More bounty? For resistance's to be successful, there has to be multiple people on a tick which therefore greatly reduces bounty. Thus, there must be a way to still give a lot of bounty, despite the "bashing" on a larger player.

Jerrysminion

Harvester
How about "Big" Bots to take down the higher players. Let them go crazy on the higher players, Id be interesting to have bots within not only the bottom 800, but throughout the entire ranks, even within the top 25

Ahead

Head Gardener
Oh, I'm merely referring to the fact that your entire alliance crumpled so fast under a bit of incoming. At least war resisted for days, your alliance took just one wave to crumple.

Sorry when was this one wave that absolutely zeroed us? I must have missed that.. strange.

So from what I've seen, no, not really... Even some of your members agree that your alliance is not as good as what it was made up to be.

Not as good as we were at the start of the round. Or as good as we could have been had we stayed active. But it's hard convincing people to put time into playing against 60 noobs, it's extremely time consuming, and I for one have become less active than I would have been had there not been a powerblock. I probably have the time to fight 20 people, but not 60.

Sigh, and Ahead, I wasn't just talking about that one post... More so other conversations. That obviously isn't enough proof to say something about your ego.

Good for you. I'm glad you admire my ego with your imaginary evidence. THNX

Either way, we should stop the direction that this thread is turning into and focus on the problem. As I said, a powerblock will happen down the road again, unless it's written into the EULA. Other than that, any one else with suggestions? I'm not exactly sure how it's to be done, but there has to be more incentive for continuing a resistance. More bounty? For resistance's to be successful, there has to be multiple people on a tick which therefore greatly reduces bounty. Thus, there must be a way to still give a lot of bounty, despite the "bashing" on a larger player.

But who will form one? Everyone in the playerbase who would have joined a powerblock was in TBA. The rest would not form a powerblock. Seeing as most of TBA have come on here claiming they are "never playing in a powerblock again! ZOMG it's so bad and awful and I'm in one now and it's horrible but I'm doing nothing about it but DW PEOPLE I WON'T PLAY IN ONE AGAIN", does that mean we should take that with a pinch of salt? Do you have inside information that shows that all these people are lying?

You are merely trying to change the topic of the thread - which is predominantly ABOUT TBA, to try and stop people from tarnishing your (albeit already poor) reputation?

Silence

Head Gardener

Oh, I'm merely referring to the fact that your entire alliance crumpled so fast under a bit of incoming. At least war resisted for days, your alliance took just one wave to crumple. So from what I've seen, no, not really... Even some of your members agree that your alliance is not as good as what it was made up to be.

Rofl! You are basing the skill of both alliances on how fast YOU SAW each alliance get killed. Hahahaha. One alliance may have received more incoming, perhaps one may have been caught off guard. The point is that it is impossible to know which is the better alliance at the beginning of the round.

Edliuen, you're a idiot. You don't know the difference between a subjective viewpoint based upon speculation and fact. Its impossible to know now. Both alliances are good and could have gone either way.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
tbh JJ ruined the round :( stupid noob with his stupid powerblock

darkmane

Planter
The short of this 13 page post:

QQ. A whole bunch of people crying and few people actually coming up with ideas to improve anything.

The few positive contributions are as follows:

1. Write something in the EULA prohibiting wings.
2. Change the minimum attack range to something higher.
3. Provide some incentive to attacking the top alliance. Make bounty equal to total value of troops killed if the top alliance is >X% higher than rank 2? That'd keep things pretty active.