• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Irc

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
[It's a shame so many bushtarion players refuse to go in there because of the chaos.

Hyperbole anyone?

:S

sure you can say it's an exaggeration if you want, however I would also say you don't know wtf you talk about. I can name at least 15-20 players off the top of my head who have boycotted the channels for a year or more because of the nonsense.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sure, things may be a little on the hectic at times on IRC, but to call it "chaos" is in my mind wholly inaccurate :s

We had a few difficulties around the start of age 5, however things have calmed down a lot since then. Anyone avoiding IRC because they've a fear things are "chaotic" are, IMO, missing out - as such instances are now few and far between and dealt with well by OPs & Azzer.

Also the problems that do exist on IRC, i.e the minority who do play up from time to time, can hardly be helped. Pre-emptive OPing doesn't exist. Someone acts up and it is dealt with. That's why we have OPs. Because there's an expectation that there'll be trouble now and again. I wouldn't say this trouble is in anyway "chaotic" nor would I say it is handled badly.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As DA says, the majority of the time IRC is a great atmosphere and good for a chat, and I'm regularly seeing some really constructive discussions about Bushtarion ideas and suggestions there, as well as general friendly chit-chat, bar the odd disruptive user now & again who gets dealt with as & when (as DA says - that's why we have ops, rather than no ops at all).

Anyone avoiding IRC altogether is missing out, and anyone that's scared of entering the room at all must be absolutely terrified whenever they visit these forums for fear of accidentally entering the spam sub-forums... :p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
As DA says, the majority of the time IRC is a great atmosphere and good for a chat, and I'm regularly seeing some really constructive discussions about Bushtarion ideas and suggestions there, as well as general friendly chit-chat, bar the odd disruptive user now & again who gets dealt with as & when (as DA says - that's why we have ops, rather than no ops at all).

Anyone avoiding IRC altogether is missing out,

Actually I agree completely and it's one of the most contructive things you've said recently.

and anyone that's scared of entering the room at all must be absolutely terrified whenever they visit these forums for fear of accidentally entering the spam sub-forums... :p

and way to brush off part of your player base with a little tiny dig at me. It's not a matter of being scared, it's a matter of having a more constructive alternative in a private room. I'm glad things are improving I hope they continue to do so , but I think you should try to reach as many as possible rather than just dismiss those with legitimate concerns.