WoW

Max

Garden Designer
Re: WoW

But then I have to start a character all over again :p And I've only got 2 more weeks before I go back to uni \o/

Perhaps you're right, got any ideas for a nice solo race / class on the Horde side? Remember I doubt I'll get past level 20 :p I've yet to try being a warrior, perhaps an orc could do the trick. I've tried Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Mage so far. Ideas? :D

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

pick a realm and i'll come join u :p
orc warrior is probably as stereotypical a character u can get :p but they do do the job pretty well :)
im having the urge to make a troll priest so u know we could like help each other :p

Max

Garden Designer

Hehehe, I've never played in the Orc starting regions and I love exploration, so it would be awesome to get to know a new character AND a new environment :)

Also, it's something to do on the round break ;) Just need to pick a nice, empty PvE realm now and I'll start tonight hahaha :D

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

will do :)
im sure i can find a nice emptyish realm lying around somewhere :p

Max

Garden Designer

Tell you what Ogluk, pick a realm for me and I'll start a character tonight if I get the chance :)

Max

Garden Designer

Hmm, I am just about to start a Horde character in Ghostlands, I think that's one of the ones you mentioned before Ogluk :D I shall see you at some point in game no doubt ;) Orc Warrior named Worgen.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

awww u had to go and invade my alliance realm :p
ah hey no harm in having characters from different factions on the same realm is there now :p

Bunion

Harvester

STV is well known for being the ganking capital of the world.

I'm not quite sure why, but it's possibly because at level 30 it is the first zone in which horde and alliance actively quest in the same area (places like 1k needles, hillsbrad, duskwood don't really have equal quests for both sides) with the neutral goblin town being the major quest hub.

My theory as to why it's more horde dominated is due to grom'gol being in the middle of the map, with a flight path there (until 2.3 the alliance didn't have their FP in the rebel camp) and more importantly a graveyard. This made it much easier for horde to quest in the zone and if ganked, recover faster, as well as more easily call in help from idle max levels in orgrimmar.

A lot of people (alliance) I know don't even go to STV to level, despite the insane number of quests and mob density, making it one of the best zones to level 30-40+, because of the ganking, which is a shame, though I still do the low level quests and now move onto Dustwallow Marsh instead (as it tends to be safer :p). But before 2.3 was introduced I would do a lot of stv, only going to desolace when absolutely necessary (god tbh it's a hole :p).

Although changed in the latest patch, mounts weren't about till level 40, meaning that such a long zone was a pita to traverse (and not to mention at that pace, perilous) which was another drawback to the zone. This is better with lvl 30 mounts now though.

Yang

Harvester

STV is amazing, you can get like a good few levels at blazing speeds if you know what you're doing.

And as for ganks, use /1 chat to ask for help with ganks, or ask guildies or just be good at PvP, if you're a hunter/warlock you can kill any other class at that level easily if you know what you are doing :) And also might be wise to carry some health pots or invisibility pots along with you escapes :p

Yang

Harvester

Max said:
Tell you what Ogluk, pick a realm for me and I'll start a character tonight if I get the chance :)

Try Laughing Skull btw :p

I'm levelling a BE pally there, name's Yangle

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

LOL!!! Laughing Skull is the server I (and the rest of the guild) moved away from last year as it was dead and horde > alliance something like 70/1!! Moved to Outland and never looked back :)

Anyway, in answer to Max, I play on both sides, alliance and horde and I can assure you I get ganked equally as much in STV. I completely skip that area now when levelling as it takes far too much time otherwise. Those are the trials of being on pvp servers. Personally, I'm not a pvp fan, but I'd rather be on a pvp server than a "carebear" server. :p

Carebear - this term is used by pvp'ers towards pve'ers as a description of something soft and weak :p

Yang

Harvester

What's the ETA of WoTLK? Anyone got into the Beta?

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

A few of my guildies are on the Beta... alas I thought I'd gotten an invite too but it turned out to be a scam to try and obtain my account details :mad:

I've heard reports WotLK is due out early November... although I'm in no hurry for it. I't rather we clear SWP before that comes out (Brutallus wipe at 3% is frustrating!) ARGH

Kariko

Planter

Tbh im a lvl 70 druid on Twilight's Hammer, i got my drake and i got my dps gear thats all you need until you get WotlK and go PvE gear on ya'll!

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

It entirely depends on what you play for. I play WoW like I played Bushtarion... extremely seriously :p I am a hardcore raider who wants to see her guild clear every last bit of TBC content before the next expansion comes out. This was achieved months ago, before patch 2.4 when SWP was introduced so now we're desperately trying to clear SWP (alas we've only downed the first boss up to now, but boss 2 is imminent) :)

ooccoo

Weeder

LOL, my guild is totally opposite, we are aiming to do the expansion as 10mans first, we really can't do 25's lol, which is a shame as i would like to get to the end but hey, i don't mind too much, raiding is brill, no1 takes it deadly serious, hell, we occasionally throw in a few leeroy's to spice it up

LEEEEEEROY JENKINS!

Yang

Harvester

Apparently it's out early October...

so far from what I've heard the Beta is pretty shitty due to immense lags, especially in Death Knight starting area