What. The. Hell.

Mysterious

Harvester
Private Sent by: Annoying of Spammer [xxxx] Mon 24th Mar, 2008. 19:00:45 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Hey,
I know this may seem a bit random, but…
How do you fancy getting yourself a FREE iPod Touch?
Or even an iPhone?
Or maybe even a Macbook Air?
If you follow these simple steps, there’s no reason why you couldn’t get what you want.

Step one: Follow this link
http://apple.freebiejeebies.co.uk/190xx
You then need to choose which item you want to get, generally speaking, the higher the value of the product, the more referrals you will need to get.

Step two: On the right hand side, you will need to sign up using you email address, and then fill in all of the relevant information that is required.

Step three: You then need to complete an offer, they may be slightly different for different countries, but all variations of a common theme.
I personally would suggest doing either the Lovefilm FREE trial, which is absolutely free, and then cancel it during that period after you have received at least one DVD.
Or, the BooksDirect offer, which only costs you £1.99, and you get two books for that!
A small price to pay for the quality apple goods above.

Step four: All you need to do then is, get all of your friends and family and other people to sign up and complete an offer under your referral link. Over a short period of time, you will soon build up a number of referrals.
By using the link above, you will be helping me out very much and I will be very grateful.
Trust me, this is genuine, my best friend managed to get himself an iPod Touch in a short space of time, that’s the reason why I got into this in the first place!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to mail me.
Thanks.
x

I'm sorry, but since WHEN did Bushtarion become a hotspot for advertising scams and general spam? IRC and in-game it seems.

The people who are doing this, I DON'T want your shitty spam all over my inbox, pm whatever. P*** OFF.

On a side note, is there any way in which this can be stopped?

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Re: What. The. Hell.

Turn on the 'Friends Only' Option.
Add the player to your Ignore List.
Report the dude to Azzer.

Mysterious

Harvester

I've ignored the person now obviously. But the point is, Bushtarion shouldn't be somewhere where you can spam people with mail for these stupid scam things. It's just a pain in the arse.

Mysterious

Harvester

Maybe a mass mail about joining an alliance or something I can understand. I've just never had this kinda advertising kind of crap before in a game. I get why people would spam my my e-mail inbox.

Has this happened before then?

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Mysterious said:
I'm sorry, but since WHEN did Bushtarion become a hotspot for advertising scams and general spam? IRC and in-game it seems.
One spam message doesn't exactly constitute Bushtarion as a 'hotspot'. Stop being a drama queen :p I'm sure Azzer will deal with it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Aye i got the message as well, it's irritating, but will only really become so if it hapens over and over which shouldn't be possible now he's ignored

/me whistles innocently...

dafe

Harvester

had it as well...was thinking it was some new way to check if someone is online lol but yeah cant believe why ppl would even take the time to spam things like this

Mysterious

Harvester

Mattheus said:
Mysterious said:
One spam message doesn't exactly constitute Bushtarion as a 'hotspot'. Stop being a drama queen :p I'm sure Azzer will deal with it.

I was taking into account the three spam bots on IRC too Mattheus :p

Welshie

Harvester

Aren't there a load of restrictions on number of mails you can send at a time and how often? Musta taken this guy ages to reach any amount of people. Plus I didn't get one :\

Souls

Official Helper

The advantage of having IDs over 9000, Welshie! :D

Until they start backwards, of course. :(

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The guy in question got a 12 hour account lock, and around a 5 day "communications ban" on their account beyond that (meaning no in-game mail posts, no politics posts etc. etc.)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

lol...i didnt get this message but one of my mates is trying to get everyone to do that as well...hang on...he plays this game! lol..i bet it was him..he has been emailing everyone around college trying to get them to do it...making out it will help them whereas he just wants them to click the link and sign up so he can get free stuff...

HA

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

pinpower said:
lol...i didnt get this message but one of my mates is trying to get everyone to do that as well...hang on...he plays this game! lol..i bet it was him..he has been emailing everyone around college trying to get them to do it...making out it will help them whereas he just wants them to click the link and sign up so he can get free stuff...

HA

Can you slap him stupider for me then?